Old 05-25-2019, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,348 Times in 894 Posts

Picked up my minis this morning... picked out mine in the middle only gold leaf palm tree on silver.. Glow white on the back for a stash tin.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2019, 11:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Played the heck out of everythin.... Dru nk and tired after a crazy weekend.... Good times
Old 05-27-2019, 05:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 78 Times in 60 Posts

AWESOME! My friend was there too, she did well I think.

I'd love to play Pender I hear great things about it. I played the night owl and had a pretty good time. I think my newb was showing and annoyed my card mates - or maybe it was that plus making them work VERY hard to beat me lol.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:01 PM
* Ace Member *

So you placed well then? Awesome! I ended up in a 5 way tie for 2nd through 6th.. In masters.. Sure wish I hadn't crapped that last putt coulda been a clean second.. I wish I'd hit a few more too but I was tired and feeling beat down, rushing to end the round. Newb mistake there....
Old 05-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Par Member

There were only 4 in the division, I got 3rd because I lost my electron envy, my gote, electron anode, vision, and pure when the zipper let go on my ****ty bag so played back 9 without my anchors.

Still shot the same as the day before but should have been way lower. I went into round second round 1 stroke behind the leader, then the guy on my tail aced and frontrunner picked it up where I was just discouraged and pissed off at my bag that's been causing me to spill discs all over the province this year.

I think I ended up +5 all three rounds combined and have never played it before that. Windy AF round 2 so I'm pleased with the finish. Only 7 strokes between 1st and last so was a good challenge for all of us.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-29-2019, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Speaking of electron Envy's someone left a soft 174 black with white rim up at my place.. I can't really read a number or name.. Maybe Chad 1-1988... sure flies nice I think I will consider getting one for approach duties. I've got some 165's but they are kinda turny, this thing is real straight. Couldn't resist throwing it for 9 holes around my place.. Got two longshot birdies and two near misses on aces. I put it safely back in the "lost" bin.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:55 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Speaking of electron Envy's someone left a soft 174 black with white rim up at my place.. I can't really read a number or name.. Maybe Chad 1-1988... sure flies nice I think I will consider getting one for approach duties. I've got some 165's but they are kinda turny, this thing is real straight. Couldn't resist throwing it for 9 holes around my place.. Got two longshot birdies and two near misses on aces. I put it safely back in the "lost" bin.
The Electron Envy is probably one of the best throwing putters ever made. When they beat in they develop some high speed turn but will still fade back unless youre a monkey. I throw them for pretty much all holes <250' and usually miss the ace within breath holding distance for an easy birdie. I got a proton also because I liked the envy out of the box and new the electron would beat in quickly in the woods but I find it a little bit sensative to OAT or really hard drives and Ive turned and burned it a few times. Id like to try a soft neutron, Ive heard they're the most stable but we'll see.

Just got a big box of discs from the tournament sponsor, all MVP and Axiom. There's a replacement Envy in there for me (I ordered an anode for myself but didnt realize it was a soft electron so Im gonna keep an electron envy to use in the tourney and give the anode away instead). Also has an electron atom (love the feel, must get one), a proton mayhem, insanity, and volt, and neutron mayhem and a signature pro model fission photon. It feels nice, I'm hoping to win it and donate the retail price to the association since I'm the TD and want to be fair but man I feel like I could rip the hell out of it lol.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Yeah man that pile of discs makes me want more... if you get an atom you are going to have some serious putter problems.. Haha best to find out now... I wasn't going to say anything but since I know you are buying one anyhow..

The soft is a proxy or beat Anode flight, straight but a little extra glide and turn.. If you try a neutron Atom too, really different disc from a soft.. Envy kind of stability sort of mixed up with an Anode s penchant for going straight. For one disc and different plastics it's pretty awesome for a one mold putter. It tempted me bad...
Old 05-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yeah man that pile of discs makes me want more... if you get an atom you are going to have some serious putter problems.. Haha best to find out now... I wasn't going to say anything but since I know you are buying one anyhow..

The soft is a proxy or beat Anode flight, straight but a little extra glide and turn.. If you try a neutron Atom too, really different disc from a soft.. Envy kind of stability sort of mixed up with an Anode s penchant for going straight. For one disc and different plastics it's pretty awesome for a one mold putter. It tempted me bad...
At this point it could only improve my existing putter problems... Been putting a dagger and pure with great success lately, but pulled out my anode yesterday and goddamn Im consistent with that thing too. Problem is that I love how it throws so I dont' like just keeping it as a putting putter lol If I can find a putter that replaces my dagger, pure, anode, and envy I'll actually be really happy since I hate having so many putter molds but I dont have enough self control to take em out of the bag lol

Old 06-02-2019, 01:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Disc golf course opening

Saturday June 1, 10am
1111- 272 st Jackman wetlands park

Raptors Knoll

40 acres

Chris Hartmann a great local guy is a co designer.. Congratulations on his recent(ish) Innova sponsorship. Him and Innova handed out some great swag and a basket to some kids at the local Pender Classic. More great work continuing Discgolf and ugh "growing the sport" haha..

"Keep em off my lawn."

**** that was today haha

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 06-02-2019 at 01:22 AM.