Old 10-24-2020, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 990 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
I have ahard time winning the A tier AI tournaments to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
They’re definitely a challenge.
I find some of them easier than the B tiers. I really like the tournaments and think they're kinda cool. E.g. "The Climb" going from Oak Hill to Grizzly to Crow's Nest (one of the ones I can win more since those are courses I'm consistently good on). Some of the B tiers, particularly with more Kaho holes, end up being tougher than some of the A tiers. It's also interesting watching AI players score so well on some layouts, particularly AI and Oak Hill. I thought I did well with a -15 on Oak Hill, only to see an AI player get -16. To put it succinctly, though, I think the tournaments are nice and done well. But I miss multiplayer as a legit source of XP.

The new physics is also pretty good. Discs don't stick like they used to, and that can get you in lots of trouble (e.g. on the island hopping Lakeside hole 9). The "glide" feature is now king for drivers, whereas "light" hardly seems to make much change. That has definitely changed some lines, particularly the big "over the top" line for easy eagle on the Crow's Nest U-turn hole. "Skip" also seems helpful, and the Glide/Skip Ballista is now my main bomber on open holes like many of Kaho holes. "Wind" seems to offer less wind resistance than it used to, but the Wind/Glide Ballista and Wind/Glide Recoil are still great, and both in my bag.

A lot of the new holes are fun but challenging. And some adjustments to old holes are interesting, like the drop zone on the hardest Grizzly par 4.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2020, 03:50 PM
* Ace Member *

In general, it's most beneficial to play the short (i.e. 2 round) tournaments. It's tougher to beat a 4-round A tier, since one bad round can derail the whole thing. So it's a safer plan to play two 2 round tourneys than one 4 round tourney. And there's no benefit in compensation for the longer tournaments. For a 1st place finish, you get 80 coins per round in a B tier, 160 per round for an A tier. I think it's the same XP for all, 50 xp per round

As a side note, I wish my scores in tournaments could have counted toward 3 stars in the "Challenge the Valley." I scored 23 at least twice in tournaments before trying for a LONG time to get the same score on CtV.

Last edited by armiller; 10-24-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 287 Times in 143 Posts

I wish I hadn't deleted so many discs just before the update. Probably threw away a couple k, and discs are not a viable source of income because xp is harder to get.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 258 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
I wish I hadn't deleted so many discs just before the update. Probably threw away a couple k, and discs are not a viable source of income because xp is harder to get.
yeah i di dthat too... i am lvl 85 and own 20 discs. all the others were freaks with attribute combinations that nobody will ever use, so they just cluttered up the screen.

I still think we should have recieved a fix amount of coins per level.

Old 10-26-2020, 02:16 PM
* Ace Member *

I had the benefit of not deleting tons of discs, so I've sold some (at level 170 or so). But even selling 100 discs for 2500 coins is pretty negligible compared to winning tourneys and doing the daily open. I'm also kinda compulsive on liking to keep discs with cool colors, so I haven't sold many.

On a side note: dang those island/hazard holes! I've pretty much mastered the USDGC hole 17 imitator, and the RHFH Acc/Wind Explorer is perfect for that. But the long "hazard" hole still gets me regularly. I took a 7 on the pro tour last night, hitting the barrier three or four times in a row from 330' after a perfect drive. I guess the lesson on that one is to always disc up rather than down on that hole. Must be a little more uphill than it looks.

And to the tourney discussion. I've had the best luck on A tiers with the "Climb" but won all the others a couple times too. Again, the 4 round tourneys are significantly tougher than 3 round because you have 9 more holes to potentially blow the whole thing. On the B tiers, most are two rounds on the same course. Find your strength and win those, whether it's Lakeside, Harrowing, or Windswept. That Kawasaki cup or whatever was tough, largely because of the Kaho holes.

Last edited by armiller; 10-26-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:35 AM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 11 Posts

Anyone on v1.006 yet?

SPOILERS:

The new course looks pretty boring, but I'm excited to try a Ballista Pro.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:29 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 287 Times in 143 Posts

I like the new course. It's tricky at first, for sure. The tee shots all have rough consequences for being a little inaccurate. And they really amped up the ace and eagle runs to make them both attackable and long. 3 stars took less time to achieve here than at Kaho or Owlwood, but it was not a gimme.

I like the more overstable Ballista but I probably won't bag the vanilla. With some attributes, it should be a solid disc.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 158
Niced 99 Times in 52 Posts

No objections to the new course, but lately I've gotten pretty fed up with the game...

~ The groundplay is sometimes ridiculous - jumping up on an edge and rolling around forever, bouncing farther than I ever recall

~ The tougher ratings are just plain discouraging.

..think I'll just walk away for a while...but damn: I like this app!
Old 10-28-2020, 11:46 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 61
Niced 175 Times in 100 Posts

Has anyone seen/won the light extra glide ballista lately? Is it still in the game? I'm on level 120 and not seen one, not in pro shop yet either (this is for my new player on a new phone--my old player on prior phone--which I gave to my son--had like 5 of these discs on about the same level).

Old 11-02-2020, 01:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothinbuttree View Post
Has anyone seen/won the light extra glide ballista lately? Is it still in the game? I'm on level 120 and not seen one, not in pro shop yet either (this is for my new player on a new phone--my old player on prior phone--which I gave to my son--had like 5 of these discs on about the same level).
I haven't seen it recently but haven't been looking particularly hard. "Light" doesn't seem to be nearly as useful with 998 and the next update. Urdizzle did mention the L/G Ballista Pro in a recent video and mentioned that it basically gets as far as the old L/G Ballista, though a little more overstable.

For my part, the o.g. L/G Ballista is still in the bag (I have 998) and I still use it for higher lines. But it's definitely not quite as long as it used to be. I've almost completely abandoned the over-the-top line on the Crow's Nest hole, even though it used to be an automatic eagle in most winds. The Lakeside par 5 "albatross" hole and island hopper hole are both just a tad trickier now too.