Old 06-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Niced 92 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Hmm, good question. I've only thrown a Clash in Neutron but it flies similarly to a Star Eagle X. I'd guess that a Clash will go farther than those beefier Champ Eagles that don't glide as well but a S.EX and Clash would be close. I think the Eagle would go farther for most people but if you can activate the Gyro the difference would be negligible.
Good to know about Star and Neutron comparison.

More specifically, I can throw a slightly seasoned Star EX around 350-360(sometimes further) on a slight hyzer with it turning and fading, where will a Neutron Clash be with the same shot? Same? Shorter?

If the Clash is harder to get up to speed than Eagle due to the Clash's overmold, then I may be better off sticking with the EX. Also, if the Clash has less glide than an EX in similar plastics, then I will stick with the EX.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by crd 81; 06-04-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 178 Times in 118 Posts

Both the Clash and the Crave go pretty far for their speed. I throw the Crave more than the Clash but when I do I wonder why I don't throw it more often
Old 06-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

My Proton Clash was less glidey than my N Clashes. If you can find one with a little more rounded shoulder, it will fly closer to an Eagle X. Board flat ones fly more straight to fade without the turn.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 164
Niced 2,226 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Good to know about Star and Neutron comparison.

More specifically, I can throw a slightly seasoned Star EX around 350-360(sometimes further) on a slight hyzer with it turning and fading, where will a Neutron Clash be with the same shot? Same? Shorter?

If the Clash is harder to get up to speed than Eagle due to the Clash's overmold, then I may be better off sticking with the EX. Also, if the Clash has less glide than an EX in similar plastics, then I will stick with the EX.
I familiarized myself with my Clash today and threw it alongside some various Eagles. In your hypothetical the Clash (if it's like mine) will be a little shorter and a little more left of the seasoned Eagle. The biggest difference is that the Clash is more of a control driver that likes to hold a hyzer line more than most Eagles. It doesn't glide as well but if you like to throw everything hard it's a more predictable line shaper b/c it doesn't turn unpredictably as much as a beat EX does on an anny line (i.e. easier to throw tight flex shots with).

So if you want something easier to range at the expense of a little bit of D or glide the Clash might trip your trigger. Think of it as a more boring, uptight Eagle X. I don't love it in a FH grip but it's not too bad.

Niced: (1)

Old 06-12-2018, 02:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,055 Times in 2,163 Posts

My only experience with the Clash was a sparkle I bought on release day. It wasn't what I was expecting, probly because it had that goofy late flip/turn that sparkle sometimes has. I've had several sparkle discs like this. A Wave, the clash, crave and a Tesla. The only sparkle I can recall having that flies pretty true to the chart, is the resistor I currently have. But even it had just a bit less of a dump fade than I remember my flat neutron did when it was new. Don't really remember looking for plh differences but most of them had a bit of a rounded shoulder compared to the flatter neutrons.