#321  
Old 08-18-2019, 08:10 AM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 8,975
Niced 2,066 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
You taking that for '21 and '23?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
At the rate she's going... yes.
And to that point, who is going to win next year in the even-number year?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:09 AM
wproct's Avatar
wproct wproct is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Iowa
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 400
Niced 140 Times in 77 Posts
Default

That was a very emotional and honest interview that she gave after her win yesterday. I don't think there is anyone out there who plays more than Paige does, but I think she was saying that there is a difference between play and practice. There is plenty of competitors coming on who has the distance and talent to compete with her. The question is whether they have the heart to best her. She is such a class act and has done so much for the fpo division. You might get the idea that I'm a huge fan of Paige, and you would be right.

Niced: (4)
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 08-18-2019, 04:31 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,630
Niced 402 Times in 298 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
And to that point, who is going to win next year in the even-number year?
Either Evelina or Henna.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 08-18-2019, 08:39 PM
eegor's Avatar
eegor eegor is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW...Tejas
Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 131
Posts: 3,626
Niced 178 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
That was a very emotional and honest interview that she gave after her win yesterday. I don't think there is anyone out there who plays more than Paige does, but I think she was saying that there is a difference between play and practice. There is plenty of competitors coming on who has the distance and talent to compete with her. The question is whether they have the heart to best her. She is such a class act and has done so much for the fpo division. You might get the idea that I'm a huge fan of Paige, and you would be right.
I'm a big fan of Paige too. I had the pleasure of playing a round with her the month before she signed with Discraft (her first major sponsor). At the time she was just a teenage girl that could throw twice as far as I could. She and her friend Fred taught me a lot about form in that one round. Although it didn't help right away, I used that days lesson as the foundation to quickly improve. She's a wonderful person.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:14 PM
7ontheline's Avatar
7ontheline 7ontheline is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 59
Posts: 1,209
Niced 135 Times in 78 Posts
Default

PP gotta love your heart but my feels go out to Cat on this Worlds.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 08-30-2019, 05:05 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,069
Niced 1,163 Times in 680 Posts
Default

If Paige has a goal to be 1000 Rated is it better for her to play less tournaments?
If she only play the events she feels is her best chance of a high rating. . is that better than to play more like she does now?

But i might be wrong, Cat plays more than Paige and Cat has a higher rating despite loosing to Paige quite often in late 2019


I really dont get the rating system
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 08-30-2019, 11:47 PM
araytx araytx is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DFW
Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 212
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,179
Niced 263 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
If Paige has a goal to be 1000 Rated is it better for her to play less tournaments?
If she only play the events she feels is her best chance of a high rating. . is that better than to play more like she does now?

But i might be wrong, Cat plays more than Paige and Cat has a higher rating despite loosing to Paige quite often in late 2019


I really dont get the rating system
Currently, Cat & Paige's ratings are so close that they are within a fraction of the standard deviation -- aka, negligible.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 08-31-2019, 12:09 PM
wproct's Avatar
wproct wproct is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Iowa
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 400
Niced 140 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Uh, look at how Paige is playing today!
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 08-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,069
Niced 1,163 Times in 680 Posts
Default

Her last four rounds. . .1029 . .1018. . 1021 . . 1020 . . well sheดs good

Today she played smart !! fun to see that

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #330  
Old 09-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,069
Niced 1,163 Times in 680 Posts
Default

Paige up to 980 in Rating, first woman to reach 980?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paige Pierce AMA Halc๓n General Disc Golf Chat 12 05-25-2015 08:10 PM
Paige Pierce First Runs westflagator Discs 2 10-25-2012 07:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.