Old 03-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 41.3
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts
Default Disc Golf Manager Wordpress Plugin

Any clubs on DGCR using this plugin?

As we plan future releases and upgrades for the next version, we are contemplating possibly implementing a handicap system for events/leagues. It will likely be simplistic as it would not include course ratings. We are seeking recommendations on best "median type/averages" formula(s) currently being used by clubs offering handicap leagues.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 216 Times in 123 Posts

I commend you on the effort and the plugin looks great. That being said I'd avoid WordPress like the plague. Seems to be the most hacked platform of all sites I've come across. There was a local TD who's WordPress site got hacked to display virus download links. I pointed it out to him and all looked fine to him unless he viewed the site in incognito mode.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 41.3
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts

The plugin was created it basically because most clubs have gone the Facebook route which relays past events and their results very poorly. In regards to being hacked, I've run Wordpress sites for years and have rarely (possibly never) had issues.

Anyway, still seeking recommendations on formulas!

Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm just now getting stared using this for our league. I would love it if there was a handicap part!