Old 02-01-2019, 11:50 PM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
If you find that the Envy is too stable for you, then you could always bag an Electron and use it as a thrower for a while. That will beat it in to being much straighter of a putting putter. Right now I've got three Envies in the bag:
Electron Envy - C1 putting
Beat Electron Envy - C2 putting and US approaches
Neutron Soft Envy - driving putter and stable approaches
That's good to know. I might look into buying one of each kind of envy and see what works best for me.

Thanks for all the helpful comments guys. I feel like that answers my questions.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 12:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 719 Times in 503 Posts

Lowest I've seen Envys is 163 in E and a had a 160 soft N but it was a freak!
Old 02-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
The only real answer is do what works for you.

But generally the Envy is a bit low profile and stable for a putter. So I can see it working fine if you are a spin putter and line drive the basket with the disc. I have more of an aggressive spush putt, so I want something with a little more float to it and more depth...plus at the slower speed/less spin of that putting style something with inherently more fade is a poor choice for me.

So I can see the Envy working fine for people with a specific putting style that is very spin dominant and they trust the disc to hold the line, but for lots of people it's kind of the opposite end of characteristics they want for a putting putter. But that makes it so good for throwing.
Honestly at circle putting distances, the Envy really isn't all that stable for a push putt. I don't notice a difference in stability when putting it versus and Aviar, Ion, or even the Spin when pure push putting. I do think the lower profile definitely changes how you push put though. It's not as chunky in the hand to get that solid push with your palm. I personally don't like thick putters, even though I have big hands, so I put the Envy. I don't mind driving with a deeper rim, so for my driving and Ion is more comfortable than putting it.

To the OP. Electron Envies make great putters, but nothing stops rollaway other than making the putt.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 05:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 306 Times in 179 Posts

I think the Envy is a lot more stable inside the circle than for example the Aviar and even the P2. There's a very marked difference, the Envy doesnt float like a speed 2 putter and it fades out earlier as well. I'm using a low spin spush, perhaps it has less fade if you have a spin style of putting

Old 02-03-2019, 06:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,566 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
Honestly at circle putting distances, the Envy really isn't all that stable for a push putt. I don't notice a difference in stability when putting it versus and Aviar, Ion, or even the Spin when pure push putting. I do think the lower profile definitely changes how you push put though. It's not as chunky in the hand to get that solid push with your palm.
Yeah I get that...I can putt with pretty much anything in the circle. I mean I'll putt my Firebird that's sitting on the ground after I miss my putter and it works. I normally putt Anodes but I also throw Ions, so when I warm up before rounds I putt with both and there is zero difference within any reasonable range, but when thrown they are noticeably different. At a certain point though the stability does matter but I agree inside the circle it really doesn't. The lower profile factor for hand feel in push putt does affect me though from all ranges, but that's a personal thing and what I'm used to. I prefer the deeper putters and the glide/loft, then I trust that loft with less fade as I get out farther.

Niced: (1)