Old 11-26-2014, 02:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 544 Times in 337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrboy View Post
Am I alone in feeling like the Theory is the Envy's partner, rather than part of the mid class? Understable tweenerish?

Also, this conversation is very pleasant.
Agreed on the second point! Great job mods!

I would have to disagree with your first observation, but I'd have to add I also feel that way about the rest of their mids. Many other throwers feel the Tangent and Alias are on the short side for mids, but I do not feel the same. While those molds & the Theory might not reach the distances I hit with my Axis, the difference is very small for me. All of their mids fly distinctly mid-like for me, and go further than their putters. It might have something to do with my throwing style though, because you are not the only person to feel this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhammy View Post
This disc is growing on me. What I've come to really like about this disc in particular is its reliable under-stability while not completely turning over. This time of year when it's colder and very windy that reliability is the difference between confidently reaching for the disc and not having it in the bag at all. (And, yes, Northeast Ohio is much, much windier than people realize. ;-)
Can confirm. Since moving to Charlotte I think I've played one or two rounds with winds over 10mph. It's crazy how still the air is compared to the constant howling at Arboretum.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts

I prefer my N Theory to my N Tangent. One big difference is the plastic. I swear that the first run Neutron Tangent is the slipperiest disc in my collection. Thankfully Brad and Chad improved on that.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

Been really enjoying how straight these when powered down to 80%.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 49
Niced 14 Times in 4 Posts

It was a real honor working with Zam and MVP/Axiom on the Artist Series.
Still been too busy to get out and throw the darn thing, but can't wait to take it to the course.

Following is the line art and photo of the double stamped Limited Edition disc.

The origin of Doc Volt.

I'll have a few of these during the Thanksgiving weekend at the Skulboy Store.
You can look for a notice on when they go live at the Skulboy Facebook page.

Hope everyone has an awesome Turkey or Tofurkey Day!
Old 11-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I find the theory to be one of my longer mids. A good hyzer flip and it goes forever.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dibs original artwork
Old 11-27-2014, 01:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 353 Times in 222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeav View Post
I find the theory to be one of my longer mids. A good hyzer flip and it goes forever.
I'm not getting the short mid either
Old 11-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 165
Niced 444 Times in 200 Posts

Interested in this disc. How does it fly on a flat 250ish toss - straight with fade, turn and pan out, slow turn, etc.? Similar distance to a Fuse or significantly shorter?

For reference:

I find GL Fuses quite straight unless I turn them intentionally, and then they tend to turn too much.

Tangent flies beautifully straight for me, but not significantly further than my putter (Clutch).

Also, any idea when the Theory will be available at 166-169 grams, or did I already miss the light ones?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2014, 04:01 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,097 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Interested in this disc. How does it fly on a flat 250ish toss - straight with fade, turn and pan out, slow turn, etc.? Similar distance to a Fuse or significantly shorter?

straight if max weight vs slight glidey slow right turn if lighter...

For reference:

I find GL Fuses quite straight unless I turn them intentionally, and then they tend to turn too much.

This is what I love about the theory and threw many a fuses as well as similar molds it has a very nice workable HSS and very little LSS but not flippy at all like you see with some similar discs IMO the GYRO of MVP discs is very apparent in this mold and gives it the advantage over a disc like the fuse

Tangent flies beautifully straight for me, but not significantly further than my putter (Clutch).

I throw tangents, theorys, vectors, ions over 300' so I never really understand short vs long discs except when people are talking about some slower molds in lid like form or very OS low glide molds. The distance capability of the theory is no less than a tangent and IMO with the glide and forward penetration of the LSS its capable of flying just as far. I threw a shot carried by some tailwind which exceeded 375' easily if not over 400' and can reach 300' fairly effortlessly with this disc vs a tangent you really need to get cruising

Also, any idea when the Theory will be available at 166-169 grams, or did I already miss the light ones?

Weights: 166g 178g are available and see no real need for a lighter one at my power/skill but something a player like my little brother I think would really enjoy in a lighter weight. I know Zam says the 2 different weights pair nicely.
Thanks!
Hope that helps--- honestly JUST GET ONE!!! Might be able to preorder a skullboy edition too still if you want PM

Old 11-27-2014, 04:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 353 Times in 222 Posts

I'm pretty sure I saw some light ones at release