Old 05-14-2015, 11:54 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,141 Times in 584 Posts

We need some Fireball action up in here. Got a 175 to test this afternoon and I found it to be quite stable, but very workable. It's less overstable than the Motion, and reminds me of a little bit longer Shock. I was practicing FH rollers with the Fireball and I'm not sure if it's the disc or what but they were going around 300-350. It was my first time ever throwing them and I found that the Fireball just hit the ground, did its thing, and just kept rolling. It was a lot of fun!

In the air, it made a mockery of decent headwinds, and kept fading left. The stability kept my noodly arm from throwing more than around 250 on golf lines. Hyzers were naturally a piece of cake and it FH's well too. I really enjoyed this disc and it will likely find a spot in my full bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2015, 08:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 544 Times in 337 Posts

I'm going to have to tie this in with my hoduken shirts somehow
Old 05-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,141 Times in 584 Posts

I don't know who is the artist behind that dragon stamped Fireball, but that is one sick looking disc. Justin has a bunch of the for pre-order at Community Discs.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

This sounds quite interesting. Can't wait to review mine for Infinite Discs/Hucking Aces. I de-bagged the Motion because it was kind of a one-trick pony for me, but if the Fireball is a slightly less overstable Motion I could get more use out of it.

Right now I'm running just PDs for my control driver slot, but if the Fireball lives up to it's billing (and the reviewer formerly known as Big Sky's review) I could see me putting this in as my more OS compliment to my C-PD. This and the Photon are about to put me right back on the Gyro bandwagon haha
Old 05-15-2015, 10:00 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,097 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
I don't know who is the artist behind that dragon stamped Fireball, but that is one sick looking disc. Justin has a bunch of the for pre-order at Community Discs.
Executed with a precision three-foil process, this piece by Axiom staff artist Amy Anderson is a great addition to the lineup of custom Axiom stamps.

I have preorders too
Old 05-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 7
Niced 306 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
This sounds quite interesting. Can't wait to review mine for Infinite Discs/Hucking Aces. I de-bagged the Motion because it was kind of a one-trick pony for me, but if the Fireball is a slightly less overstable Motion I could get more use out of it.

Right now I'm running just PDs for my control driver slot, but if the Fireball lives up to it's billing (and the reviewer formerly known as Big Sky's review) I could see me putting this in as my more OS compliment to my C-PD. This and the Photon are about to put me right back on the Gyro bandwagon haha
Judging by eric40817's description in this post it sounds like it's a longer, but more overstable motion rather than a less overstable one
Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
Judging by eric40817's description in this post it sounds like it's a longer, but more overstable motion rather than a less overstable one
Interesting, because the poster formerly known as BigSky says it's a LESS overstable Motion, which is what it is promoted as by Axiom. Well, Axiom is actually saying it's more of a "beat in" Motion. I trust TPFKABS because we're about the same power/skill level in general.

Guess I'll have to see for myself!
Old 05-15-2015, 10:42 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,097 Times in 738 Posts

Zam can probably chime in and explain the verbiage further from the marketing description but I don't think it is meant to say its more overstable but rather that the motion has an early and harder LSS (actually more OS) and the fireball goes straighter for longer with a dumpy LSS.

The motion flies really far and well with anhzyer release for me. starts to flex out fairly early on in the flight compared to a tesla and especially the wrath that will hold same anhyzer nearly to the ground with a fade at the end to finish flat/FW.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Threw the Fireball yesterday - it has more of a delayed fade than the Motion, but once it kicks in, it's pretty decent. I was pleasantly surprised by this mold! I thought it may have been too OS for me, but I was digging and feel like it will be good for shots that need that hard fade at the end. There's a few dogleg lefts on holes at some courses near me where this would be nice.

This blend of Neutron is a little more firm as well compared to the Insanity and Wrath N blends. Still has some give and lots of grip. For the grip reasons alone, this may end of replacing the Shock for me since it's just a nicer feel in that hand for my taste.

That 3-Foil Dragon stamp is pretty sweet too!

Old 05-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 66
Niced 26 Times in 12 Posts

:P