Old 05-24-2016, 10:47 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,136 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Im in the market for a go-to max d driver, ideally with flight # 12/5/-1/2 or more like 12/5/-0.5/2 haha, but i recently got into the Proxy and Envy and really like them, so want to give this one a shot, any more info on it?
I'd put the numbers around there. Not quite as much fade as a fresh Photon, but still resistant to turn for my 300 arm. If you throw farther, you'll see more of that "-1" you're looking for.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2016, 11:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
I'd put the numbers around there. Not quite as much fade as a fresh Photon, but still resistant to turn for my 300 arm. If you throw farther, you'll see more of that "-1" you're looking for.
Like Aim was saying, I have a N Photon, like 173, that's not super beat up but is already drifting R some for me, def -.5 style. I'd imagine that, worst case, it wouldn't take very long for the Defy to wear into it.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:36 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,096 Times in 737 Posts

Basically a photon with later fade. Need some more work with it but not sure i would bag it regularly given i can season a photon and just have 1 mold. Its not like my beat up 166g at all but similar to slightly seasoned same weight 173g. Still OS not stable.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Basically a photon with later fade. Need some more work with it but not sure i would bag it regularly given i can season a photon and just have 1 mold. Its not like my beat up 166g at all but similar to slightly seasoned same weight 173g. Still OS not stable.
Ah, but what will it season into? I've beat a Photon into a useful mold for me, but it's still a tad OS for what I want to do with it. If the Defy can be seasoned to finish straight to slightly left this could be one of Axiom's best discs ever. I guess I'm hoping it'll fly like a faster Envy once I've got it seasoned.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,019 Times in 2,138 Posts

Yea. Will it season like a volt/tesla/photon, adding some turn and losing fade? Or will it season like a crave/wrath, into a dead straight flyer? I guess there is only one way to find out...
Old 05-26-2016, 10:02 AM
FROLF OFF!

I have a photon from the first release which ive purposely put through hell and is only 166g that has -1 high speed turn but really not fade at all anymore. It doesn't handle the headwind at all like my other photons and thrown lower the skip is more like a volt just pushing FW.

My other neutrons are newer with one being slightly seasoned and at max wt. These fly pretty much the same as new but with a little less fade compared to my fresh proton photons. The protons have a liiiiiiiittle raise to the flight plate which gives them some added LSS it seems vs the flatter neutrons. Side by side the defy matches up to my proton photons in PLH and with the little bit of shoulder. I expect it will season into that longer crave/volt/tesla as it shares the same style of flight/design but faster.

Honestly I expected a little more separation between it and the photon but glad its not anything like the wave. Its not hard to beat in a photon and all the plastic options make for some pretty unique setups of one disc. I smell a slight retool here'
Old 05-26-2016, 10:04 AM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Yea. Will it season like a volt/tesla/photon, adding some turn and losing fade? Or will it season like a crave/wrath, into a dead straight flyer? I guess there is only one way to find out...
volt/tesla/photon don't really turn while the fade diminishes when seasoned. crave & wrath are basically a slower & faster volt/tesla FWIW.

I see no reason it seasons different from a photon when it looks almost exactly the same.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:09 AM
FROLF OFF!

1464271592329.jpg

Proton photon vs neutron defy
Old 05-26-2016, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,019 Times in 2,138 Posts

My duality photon has developed some turn. It may be because it has taken some pretty good whacks on FH shots. It really shows up throwing into headwinds or on FH shots. At a tourney over the weekend I was throwing some warmup shots before the 2nd round. Throwing into 15-20 mph it almost turned completely over, with just a touch of on purpose OAT. While the proton I have, just drifted right a bit and wound up parked. Both same weight, but the proton is a little newer and less seasoned.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:23 AM
FROLF OFF!

those N's are flatter and less HSS/LSS once seasoned. Like I said my super beat one turns up from a hyzer, doesn't fade and isn't a headwind disc anymore. My volts/teslas act similar. When I threw the shock it was more of the turn and keep the fade type disc same with servo. Granted hyzer vs flat releases give people some different results I think FH tends to exaggerate some turn in throws.