Old 08-31-2018, 09:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 540 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonRipper View Post
I had a bunch of tourney credit at a local disc shop, so stopped in and picked up a 172 proton octane based on your input. Wind was 10-12mph today so good to test. Threw mayhem flat and it turned quite a bit and never fought back, octane stayed almost straight and nice fade at end. Good call, I think these two discs can handle most every general shot. Great disc and complement to the mayhem!!

I also picked up a proton crave and matrix to play with. I can tell I'm going to love that crave, awesome control disc both BH and FH.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Crave has been a staple of my bag since before they released to the public. It's such useful mold. Like you I'll use it FH and BH pretty equally. Once they break in and develop some more high speed turn, they can do some crazy lazer beam lines thrown with a bit of hyzer. Tons of glide too, they keep up with my distance drivers surprisingly well in the field.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2018, 09:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 540 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
I've been having problems with the neutrons. I grabbed 2 neutrons and a proton. I LOVE the proton. It has that beautiful slight turn out of the box but consistent fade. It's been great for hitting lines. I would not try and throw this for pure hyzers though, it has too much stretch in the middle portion of it's flight.

That being said, for some reason I can't get the neutrons to do anything consistent. They seem to have that problem of having a magical amount of turn/fade where I either hit it and it ends up hyzering or I go too hard and it flips. I don't know, they just don't gel with me the same way the proton does. Anyone else have this problem?
Funny, I had the opposite happen. My neutrons were predictable straight flying discs with some turn and fade, but a proton I received was flippier.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 658 Times in 519 Posts
Default Mayhem

Tossed a Mayhem for the 1st time today. Neutron. Not sure what weight, probably high 160s. The disc has a pretty wide, shallow rim. Its fast and was actually more stable than I thought it would be. The Mayhem needs to be thrown hard or it will simply fly glidelessly, stall, and die. However, it also had this annoying problem that if you got a little too aggressive throwing it it would flip over and burn.... hard.

That aspect miffed me a bit. It was like every time I felt like I really laid into the Mayhem it would turn and burn. Every time I slightly underthrew it the disc would fly listlessly and stall.

I actually did have some good throws with the Mayhem. It isn't quite as touchy as a Nuke SS. It reminded me quite a bit of an Octane, but slightly flippier. I had 1 beautiful throw where everything worked perfect and the Mayhem went an easy 430'.

All the good throws I had with the Mayhem were fairly straight. Not the big S curve flexes I was expecting. For whatever reason my Mayhem would NOT flex well. Every time I tried to get it bend right it would keep going right into the ground.

This disc pretty much reminds me of a Nuke or Boss, but more prone to random flipping. Its very fast and the distance potential is there. I was pretty wild with mine today and didn't feel like I really dialed it in well. Finicky driver and hard to get a good feel for it.

Mayhem: 13, 5, -2, 2. It has somewhat above average glide and a pretty neutral late fade. Not an astounding driver by any means. Long, but all over the place. My Shryke was still beating it for distance fairly easily.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-30-2018, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 569 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Tossed a Mayhem for the 1st time today. Neutron. Not sure what weight, probably high 160s. The disc has a pretty wide, shallow rim. Its fast and was actually more stable than I thought it would be. The Mayhem needs to be thrown hard or it will simply fly glidelessly, stall, and die. However, it also had this annoying problem that if you got a little too aggressive throwing it it would flip over and burn.... hard.

That aspect miffed me a bit. It was like every time I felt like I really laid into the Mayhem it would turn and burn. Every time I slightly underthrew it the disc would fly listlessly and stall.

I actually did have some good throws with the Mayhem. It isn't quite as touchy as a Nuke SS. It reminded me quite a bit of an Octane, but slightly flippier. I had 1 beautiful throw where everything worked perfect and the Mayhem went an easy 430'.

All the good throws I had with the Mayhem were fairly straight. Not the big S curve flexes I was expecting. For whatever reason my Mayhem would NOT flex well. Every time I tried to get it bend right it would keep going right into the ground.

This disc pretty much reminds me of a Nuke or Boss, but more prone to random flipping. Its very fast and the distance potential is there. I was pretty wild with mine today and didn't feel like I really dialed it in well. Finicky driver and hard to get a good feel for it.

Mayhem: 13, 5, -2, 2. It has somewhat above average glide and a pretty neutral late fade. Not an astounding driver by any means. Long, but all over the place. My Shryke was still beating it for distance fairly easily.
you yeah need to try a max weight neutron. Some discs come out weird but if you find the right kinda Mayhem its the best driver ever . It glides, slight turn, distance machine. I gotta put out my full review because its a disc I think a lot of people need to know about
Old 11-30-2018, 11:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 658 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
you yeah need to try a max weight neutron. Some discs come out weird but if you find the right kinda Mayhem its the best driver ever . It glides, slight turn, distance machine. I gotta put out my full review because its a disc I think a lot of people need to know about
Oh, I definitely plan to throw the Mayhem some more. Yesterday I was simply unable to figure out the proper release to maximize flight with it. I can absolutely see the distance potential. I just need to figure out how to flex the Mayhem out consistently.

I need to throw the Octane more too. I have 2 Octanes, and the last time I threw one it did the same thing.... lots of random flipping on hard releases.

Some discs you can learn quickly, some not. I think the Mayhem will take a little work to get the hang of. The Shryke definitely did for me.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:02 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

I have a plasma, good glide for a 'speed 13'. Hands down the longest flying disc in my bag but there isnt really any long/open fairways around here that i have a chance to use it on. throwing it at the park is fun though, i can get it to 500' sometimes.

I find the mayhem useful when i dont really need to be accurate, but want the max distance i can get. At my max power i get a long turning phase that isnt flippy but drifts over quite a bit if im not careful and a forward fade that extends distance even more.

It is not for parking a hole at 500' accurately that's for sure, to me its designed for a prolonged high speed flight to maximize distance.. which is exactly what i use it for, expected, and wanted when i bought it.

For me the Mayhem is interchangeable with a teleport because the teleport has a little more predictable/OS flight in field testing that i prefer but not getting any more distance than the mayhem... depends on the wind conditions i suppose

Last edited by in4d; 11-30-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 569 Times in 417 Posts

I about 8 mayhems. a couple plasma (tho I sold one) and rest all Neutron Max weight Mild dome, one flatter . A couple are hooked under and look more like a Tenacity. Of the MAyhems that I've thrown there is one type that flies amazing. I have about 5 of those right now. If you find the one that just 'feels right' the flights are great, super control, Its not too hard to figure out, once you do its amazing. not too sensitive to angle really I find it a more consistent Shryke type disc, but more reliable on stability also. IDK like I said I have a couple that are flippy a couple domey, but the rest are $$$$$$$$$$$$