Old 12-15-2017, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 569 Times in 417 Posts
Default Particle

I created this to discuss this disc. I know it was out for the circuit but now in production run Neutron plastic - How are people liking them? Compare to Envy? Please share - I just ordered one so excited to give it a shot
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 104 Times in 61 Posts

I have 2 currently: a Neutron from the MVP Circuit and a Soft Neutron from the Space Race. I prefer the Soft Neutron. I find it a bit more OS. In general, they are slightly more stable than an Envy, but not by much. This mold has a nearly identical profile as the non-blue experimental electron molds that came out. One of those molds became the Atom. This one has never officially been revealed as that mold, but it sure looks identical. Either way, if you love the Envy, you might find room for it. It is really close. perhaps .5 more
HSS. What it is not is Zone or Harp OS. It flies smooth. I bag this along with 3 other Envys. I use this one in the OS slots that I need off the tee or for upshots. It flicks really well, just like the Envy.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-15-2017, 04:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 569 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
I have 2 currently: a Neutron from the MVP Circuit and a Soft Neutron from the Space Race. I prefer the Soft Neutron. I find it a bit more OS. In general, they are slightly more stable than an Envy, but not by much. This mold has a nearly identical profile as the non-blue experimental electron molds that came out. One of those molds became the Atom. This one has never officially been revealed as that mold, but it sure looks identical. Either way, if you love the Envy, you might find room for it. It is really close. perhaps .5 more
HSS. What it is not is Zone or Harp OS. It flies smooth. I bag this along with 3 other Envys. I use this one in the OS slots that I need off the tee or for upshots. It flicks really well, just like the Envy.
Yeah my plan was to swap the Envy out for it when I feel it - I wouldn't bag both most likely - I like the atoms so much that I thought the particle would be a more imilar complement but more OS and sounds like it is, so that's good news
Old 12-15-2017, 05:49 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 29.3
Courses Played: 211
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 12 Times in 6 Posts

I'm a fan of MVP putters so I picked up a new Christmas stamp Particle today to try it out for long approaches. I'm also curious to hear how others like it.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,041 Times in 2,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
The impression I got watching the vids was Particle=Servo Envy=Crave. Does that comparison sound right to you? Meaning the Particle is 3 4 -.5 2.5 and Envy 3 4 0 2.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:52 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 104 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
The impression I got watching the vids was Particle=Servo Envy=Crave. Does that comparison sound right to you? Meaning the Particle is 3 4 -.5 2.5 and Envy 3 4 0 2.
I haven't noticed any discernible LSS compared to a similarly worn Envy. Yes, I would say that the Particle is 2.5 compared to the Envy at 2. The Soft Neutron Particle is more stable compared to just Neutron. I haven't bagged the Neutron Particle long enough to see how much it has changed. I bag the Soft Neutron Particle as a compliment to my FR Soft Neutron Envy that just now has some LSS. I would say they are super close and I only bag it because I like the Soft Neutron and it is a hair more stable.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 978 Times in 564 Posts

I have a softish neutron from and mvp vs axiom....it is an envy light. Somewhere between the envy and atom...its ok, but not good enough to keep in my bag
Old 12-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Black rimed envy

/thread

Niced: (2)
Old 12-18-2017, 12:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 104
Niced 255 Times in 116 Posts

Another MVP disc that needs to be made in soft plastic...

Niced: (1)

Old 12-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,212 Times in 285 Posts

♫ Particle disc, Particle disc,
Particle disc hates Envy disc,
They have a fight, Particle wins,
Particle disc. ♫