Old 06-20-2019, 01:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,550 Times in 1,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silboh View Post

I just have one question tough. As I am currently rising up during my throw, what should I correct? Should I start my reachback higher or I just should stay low until the end of the followtrough? Maybe I bend my knees too much at the begining?
I think if you start taller on the left leg and then land/catch your weight on your right leg that will help. Also the current pushing into rotation from the left leg is also causing you to rise upward as the left leg extends a lot and too late.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 05:01 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi!

I had a very busy summer so I couldn't practice as much as I wanted.

I did practice a few hours and I'm not really sure I did great... I don't see any distance improvement yet. I'm frustrated because I try to do my best but I don't see any click. I just don't get it.

I tried to focus mostly on my hips with your advices. I tried to start my reachback with my hips leading my arm, and then I try to move forward with my butt first to add this forward movement I was missing.

But I think I'm not doing it right...

What do you think?

(and again, thank you so much for your time!)

Old 08-22-2019, 05:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,660 Times in 1,661 Posts

Looks really awkward and twisted up and off balance in your backswing. You need to flow and move everything more together in backswing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 5.25.23 PM copy.jpg (78.0 KB, 93 views)
Old 08-24-2019, 04:32 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Ok, now I realize my reachback was really messed up.
I tried to fix the reachback but I don't think I do it right yet.
I also tried to look more the disc and to keep my hand on the outside of the disc.

Is it any better? What should I do?

Of course, thank you as always.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Looks better. I think you are trying to throw off the rear foot instead of balanced on the front foot.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-25-2019, 11:47 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 187 Times in 143 Posts

Looks almost like you are plantar flexing your front foot into extension and spinning on your toes through the swing instead of feeling really bolted to the ground on your front foot through the entire foot/heel. Watch in SW's backhand standstill video how his front foot is solidly planted on the ground all the way through release, the his momentum lets the front foot rotate open AFTER release.

Old 08-25-2019, 04:48 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I practiced a couple hours more. Trying to focus on reachback and keeping the hand on the outside of the disc. I also tried to stay balanced on my front leg but it's really hard.

I think I should keep focusing for a week on those things. Also I will try to rotate on my heel instead of my toes. That will be hard to correct this...

I also tried to see the differences between me and SW. I thought there would be more. But when I see how far SW throws and my 80 meters max, I think those differences make in fact huge difference!

Watching those images, I think I'm moving forward too soon. I'm also turning my shoulderds too soon. Am I right?

I will pratcice at least one hour per day all this week, that's why I'm asking so many things.

As always, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
Especially because I start a DG club next week. Nobody knows what is DG here so I want to be able to explain as much as possible.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:59 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 187 Times in 143 Posts

In the second image you've already lost balance, see how your whole body is more
Code:
\
and SW is more

Code:
|
Third image your rear foot has spun out while SW22 heel has everted forward.

And last image it's fairly apparent that SW22 is balanced and your whole body is flying past the plant.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Note how your left heel spins out back away from the target. My left heel moves forward to target. Since your heel moves away from target your upper body tips/folds over the front hip instead of moving upright balanced on it.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,550 Times in 1,625 Posts

Feel-wise, in the second set of images in the classic "power pocket" position, SW has just used his weight shift/momentum landing on the right leg to bring his torso to this position and the arm/disc are coming along. His rear leg is fully de-weighted in this image and weight is caught on the front leg, but his momentum continues with the disc/arm coming forward at that same pace.

Whereas you are still pushing with the rear foot and you are pulling with the arm from the first image to the second. You are already using arm muscles, rather than getting to this position much more smoothly and passively with the arm. Think of this as getting to a "launch position" that gets you set up to then swing the arm, not a throw from the top of the backswing forward.

Your arm motion and lots of things look really good to me. Just fundamentally you need to have a bit more of a weight shift from back leg to front leg, and that sets you up to catch and redirect your momentum into the throw from the front leg. Not a push from rotation from the back leg.