Old 10-15-2017, 06:29 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Ridge Roller Bag?

Anyone out there pre-order a Ridge Roller bag? I was all set to buy a Grip BX, but am now holding off. I like the looks of the RR and it looks like the pockets have the ability to store either extra discs OR gear...which I like. I was not contemplating a bag with a built in seat and am wondering how much the Grip bags weight. Will I need a built in seat considering the RR is probably much heavier at 6lbs empty? I also like the cart they have...which looks to be simpler than the Zuca. Anyone have a chance to use one? or have gone ahead and ordered? I work for a company that manufactures equipment...so I know the 'woes' of being the first one to buy a new product!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 40
Niced 179 Times in 108 Posts

Interested in some more info on this as well. Tough to pull the trigger at 245 dollars without any reviews. But it looks like everything I would want in a bag.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I preordered....wanted cart/bag option...figured I was spending 450 on a delta I might as well get a bag option...I’m really excited about the ridge roller combo....I have the roller right now and it is a tank
Old 10-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdp10 View Post
I preordered....wanted cart/bag option...figured I was spending 450 on a delta I might as well get a bag option...I’m really excited about the ridge roller combo....I have the roller right now and it is a tank
Awesome thank you!! Putter caddys will be here Tuesday I just received tracking and the backpacks are not far behind!! Excited here at RRC!!
The backpacks are top of the line quality buy with confidence guys. Thanks again Rollout!

Old 10-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Eagle Member

I did end up pre-ordering the bag. Hopefully the extra weight won't be too noticeable. The positives and features were just too good to pass up, I think this will be perfect for tournaments. I will definitely be posting a review (initial and longer follow up) when I get the bag.

Interested in the cart, but I can't bring myself to justify a cart yet. It's a lot of money, and I don't have any issues with carrying as of yet. Unfortunately, i will probably take an injury of sorts for me to change my mind because I'm stubborn like that.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I did end up pre-ordering the bag. Hopefully the extra weight won't be too noticeable. The positives and features were just too good to pass up, I think this will be perfect for tournaments. I will definitely be posting a review (initial and longer follow up) when I get the bag.

Interested in the cart, but I can't bring myself to justify a cart yet. It's a lot of money, and I don't have any issues with carrying as of yet. Unfortunately, i will probably take an injury of sorts for me to change my mind because I'm stubborn like that.
Thank you so much!!! Just got word the backpacks should be in the warehouse Friday then off to Wisconsin to RRC!!
The weight will Not be much of a factor most of the competitors bags are around the 4-5 pound mark and figure if you carry a stool it’s right there at the same weight. We had the Ridge lighter but went with a few beefed up materials and that added a bit more weight. Just wait till you fell the bottom of the Ridge it’s the best material you can get and it’s dam close to being indestructible!! Anyway thanks again and can’t wait for the your review. Joe
Old 10-24-2017, 12:13 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 759 Times in 650 Posts

I bought a Vertex Angler Backpack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1LCF48...ing=UTF8&psc=1
(has a seat) that I modified with a soft Stroller cup holder total price is $74 as the extra cup holder was $10. The bag has to have a bunch of safety pins crimped closed to have the bag work including on the stroller cup to keep it from coming off the bag as one to keep the two fabrics of the main bottle holder from separating. The main water bottle holder is the water tight bag on the left side as looking at the front of the bag. The bag is just over 7 pounds without anything in it as it has a metal frame...lightweight steel? So I bet most Bags with seats are going to be heavier, but then they have a seat all the time for playing, if the course is crowded, or if in League/tournament play. I used mine on a tee pad while I waited for the people mowing the park to finish the area i was going to play. Lastly the bag I got be prepared to have to tie on the nylon string rope zipper pulls as 99% broke off the plastic part on 2nd to 3rd pull.

However Had I known I would have gotten the Ridge Roller though as it has a cart ability as well as backpack and is designed for Disc Golf, unlike my bag. There are a few options I wish I had known about like the Ridge Roller or waited for like the new Dynamic Discs one the good $45 one or the Discraft Tournament Backpack one at $80, though I do have a seated bag for under $100 though.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-24-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:25 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 759 Times in 650 Posts

to sum up my above post, a bag with a seat is going to be heavier then a bag without a seat my modified one is just over 7 pounds or just over 4 kilograms due to the metal frame. Fame is...Lightweight Steel?
Old 11-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Any update on the ETA of these?

Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
Any update on the ETA of these?
They will be here this Friday according to tracking info.
Just got done with a new batch of frame and the colors are sick!! Few candy colors mixed in like gold, silver, blue, red. They will get loaded to the web ASAP.

Joe