Old 05-05-2019, 09:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts

Got a Heimburg Glow T3 on the way. How OS are these? I'm hoping it can handle FH's well.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 697 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Got a Heimburg Glow T3 on the way. How OS are these? I'm hoping it can handle FH's well.
Unsure about the Heimburg but my team stamp is flat and not as overstable as the current Champ Teebirds. Have you thrown any other glows? Still has fade and HSS but it's workable and is beating into that "beat Teebird" flight faster than any current Champ I own.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Unsure about the Heimburg but my team stamp is flat and not as overstable as the current Champ Teebirds. Have you thrown any other glows? Still has fade and HSS but it's workable and is beating into that "beat Teebird" flight faster than any current Champ I own.
This is my first T3. I've been using a Nybo Teebird for about a year. It's great for BH's (other than the dull swirly color) but gets wonky on the FH.

My Thunderbirds are all super OS even with my FH. I have to put strong anhyzer with a FH on my 166g Star Thunderbird for a wide open shot & it still fights out every time where it gets tough to dial it in right.

Ordered the Heimburg T3 hoping that I would find that middle ground where I could lean on it off the tee for a FH & it would be able to handle with the extra speed without flipping like the Nybo Teebird.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
This is my first T3. I've been using a Nybo Teebird for about a year. It's great for BH's (other than the dull swirly color) but gets wonky on the FH.

My Thunderbirds are all super OS even with my FH. I have to put strong anhyzer with a FH on my 166g Star Thunderbird for a wide open shot & it still fights out every time where it gets tough to dial it in right.

Ordered the Heimburg T3 hoping that I would find that middle ground where I could lean on it off the tee for a FH & it would be able to handle with the extra speed without flipping like the Nybo Teebird.
Never really messed with the T3 outside of a couple of tosses with a friends disc but if it doesn’t work for you I would suggest a CD2. Look for a flat one. They aren’t OS but they handle power fine and they are easy to predict and control with FH
Old 05-05-2019, 08:31 PM
* Ace Member *

The T3 is a different mold than the Teebird right? Or is it the same wing with a flat (3) top?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:31 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 697 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
The T3 is a different mold than the Teebird right? Or is it the same wing with a flat (3) top?
Same wing.

I don't have too much STB experience, though I bought a handful recently I've always been a Champ guy regardless of the mold. I have the most experience in STBs in the 158-162 range...what's wonky about the Nybo TB? Are they generally less overstable than other Teebirds? Is yours just that beat?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:47 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Same wing, with a flat top. Just like all the other 3 molds.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Same wing.

I don't have too much STB experience, though I bought a handful recently I've always been a Champ guy regardless of the mold. I have the most experience in STBs in the 158-162 range...what's wonky about the Nybo TB? Are they generally less overstable than other Teebirds? Is yours just that beat?
The Nybo is still OS for my BH. I've got a lot of stank on my FH & if I release the Nybo with anyhyzer it doesn't come out of it.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-06-2019, 03:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,593 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:

Do you only have Star Thunderbirds? I have heard they are typically more OS...I have only thrown one and it was definitely more dumpy/stable than champs. Thunderbirds are great in Champ I think, though they do start pretty beefy. If I FH it max power flat it will hold straight and end right, if I FH it with a touch of anny it will flex out and still fade a little. For reference that is 330'ish flat FH power. Beat in ones will turn with FH for me, but that takes significant use.

I also agree the CD2 is a great beat in Thunderbird style FH disc from the few I have tried. I would expect it to hold an anny though on a hard FH, so may not be what you want. Depends on how steep of flex shots you throw and how hard you FH I guess, it gets tricky with different power and angles.

I like the Thunderbird more than the PD for both feel and how it powers down, but I do think the PD is an excellent FH laser driver as well. I just get concerned about all the runs/stabilities that people get into and not wanting to deal with it.

Basically I'm talking about other discs because IMO Teebirds should hold lines, so it doesn't surprise me that a Teebird of any kind will hold a hard FH anny to the dirt. It's also way easier for me to put a firm low anny angle on a disc with a FH than a BH, so I experience the same thing that a beefy Teebird will flex out of my BH but not my FH in a similar way.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 300 Times in 156 Posts

Anybody tried a luster Teebird3? How's the flight?