#1261  
Old 09-12-2019, 12:32 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,560
Niced 1,113 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorooks View Post
How about the Switch?

My son has been asking for a Switch lately. Just last week I took a branch off a tree and beat him with it. He didn't seem to like it as much as he said he would. Maybe this is the Switch he was asking for?

JK. No, I don't beat my kids... He HAS been asking for a switch and I've jokingly been telling how much I want to give him and all his friends one.

Seriously tho, the Volt does look good. I prefer stable to slightly understable as my main distance driver.
Anything above 150 class is useless for weaker players... plus it just went OOP. The Relay would be a better choice.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1262  
Old 09-12-2019, 12:40 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 8,019
Niced 1,874 Times in 1,084 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorooks View Post
How about the Switch?

My son has been asking for a Switch lately. Just last week I took a branch off a tree and beat him with it. He didn't seem to like it as much as he said he would. Maybe this is the Switch he was asking for?

JK. No, I don't beat my kids... He HAS been asking for a switch and I've jokingly been telling how much I want to give him and all his friends one.

Seriously tho, the Volt does look good. I prefer stable to slightly understable as my main distance driver.
volt = better thunderbird

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1263  
Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OH
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,793
Niced 561 Times in 345 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
My new Matrix has almost the exact same HSS of a flat Proton Axis from a flat throw. Because of the blunter nose and probably more gyro (Matrix built like putter where overmold is the entire wing) the Matrix turns slower and stays on line better when it does start to turn. So for me the Axis turns when it hits the high speed break, but the Matrix has more of a slight drift when it breaks. Again this is with dead flat throws around 300'.

My new Matrix is more of the gyro-buzz that I always wanted the Axis to be. It has more LSS than the Axis too which makes it a nice versatile tweener between the Vector and Axis that can replace both.
I found the Matrix more LSS as well.

Not sure what it is about how I throw them, but the Axis has always felt pretty HSS for me. The opinions I've read about the mold online tell me others find them to turn more than I do. Whatever it is, the mold has worked well for me since the first day I threw it.
Reply With Quote
  #1264  
Old 09-12-2019, 01:57 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,560
Niced 1,113 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
volt = better thunderbird
Amen brother. I always felt the Thunderbird was an attempt, and failure, to copy the Volt.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1265  
Old 09-12-2019, 02:00 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 798
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorooks View Post
Seriously tho, the Volt does look good. I prefer stable to slightly understable as my main distance driver.
A stable to slightly understable driver, in the speed 9-10 range, my recommendation is an insanity. It's been my main driver for a long time now. It's got a bit of wiggle to it, but at my arm speed it's mainly just straight. I put it out about 315' for reference. I love that disc.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1266  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:50 PM
ReneeMH's Avatar
ReneeMH ReneeMH is online now
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 74
Niced 55 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
volt = better thunderbird
you better keep pushing the volt or its gonna be CANCELLED

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1267  
Old 09-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OH
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,793
Niced 561 Times in 345 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
volt = better thunderbird
I found a green plaz Ion, 173, almost new.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1268  
Old 09-14-2019, 10:09 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 8,019
Niced 1,874 Times in 1,084 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I found a green plaz Ion, 173, almost new.
mike i appreciate you looking

im going to pass i really cant find green for **** on the ground around my neck of the woods and i have a green plaz volt that is for winter only because of how much it sucks to look for it

also i think i need to accept plaz is no longer going to be readily accessible so i need to start loving neutron or proton or whatever has the brightest pink or blue cores

thank you
Reply With Quote
  #1269  
Old 09-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OH
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,793
Niced 561 Times in 345 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
mike i appreciate you looking

im going to pass i really cant find green for **** on the ground around my neck of the woods and i have a green plaz volt that is for winter only because of how much it sucks to look for it

also i think i need to accept plaz is no longer going to be readily accessible so i need to start loving neutron or proton or whatever has the brightest pink or blue cores

thank you
I hear ya. I'm going to give the Matrix another shot at the straight mid slot since the Axis got the cut. Worst case scenario I'm sitting on 5 or 6 backups in Eclipse, so I'm in good shape if I stick with em.
Reply With Quote
 

  #1270  
Old 09-14-2019, 11:29 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 8,019
Niced 1,874 Times in 1,084 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I hear ya. I'm going to give the Matrix another shot at the straight mid slot since the Axis got the cut. Worst case scenario I'm sitting on 5 or 6 backups in Eclipse, so I'm in good shape if I stick with em.
personally i liked the matrix better but i only only threw the first run on the release day

probably mvps closest to a buzz

speaking of which maybe you could switch over to the buzz
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 12:36 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 12:16 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 05:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 09:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.