Old 09-15-2019, 12:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I hear ya. I'm going to give the Matrix another shot at the straight mid slot since the Axis got the cut. Worst case scenario I'm sitting on 5 or 6 backups in Eclipse, so I'm in good shape if I stick with em.
I'm kinda in the same boat. Although I've always bagged a matrix as a os compliment to my plaz axis (previously alias, but found axis more versatile). I am very rather curious how the electron matrix will fly. I hate the idea of cycling discs, but an electron matrix in various stages of wear could fit several spots itb.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2019, 10:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 92 Times in 54 Posts

The P Matrix has been pretty easy for me to switch over to. It flies pretty intuitively if you're experienced with Axis/Vector/Buzzz. I'm really pleased with the disc's ability to fly hyzer, flat, and anhyzer lines. It's not as dead straight as a Buzzz, doesn't hyzer quite as consistently as a Vector, or fly as long as that tight S curve you get when you pound an Axis, but so far it seems like it might be better all-around than any of those three.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 210
Niced 1,901 Times in 1,100 Posts

landed behind a 30 foot pine tree and had a thin fairway with guardian trees around the basket and about 125ft out

threw a hammer with my plaz ion over the pine and carved the fairway and smashed the top of the basket

would have been my first two on that hole
Old 09-17-2019, 05:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 66 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I'm kinda in the same boat. Although I've always bagged a matrix as a os compliment to my plaz axis (previously alias, but found axis more versatile). I am very rather curious how the electron matrix will fly. I hate the idea of cycling discs, but an electron matrix in various stages of wear could fit several spots itb.
I've got 2 electrons in the mail to go with my beat proton and looking for another fresh proton or neutron. Pretty sure I can cover all midrange shots with a few matrices now that they're in electron granted they beat in to develop some turn. Fireball is always there to handle flex lines since the matrix isnt great for that. A Pyro could do it too I guess but 1 mold for 1 job is hard to justify.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 110 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
I've got 2 electrons in the mail to go with my beat proton and looking for another fresh proton or neutron. Pretty sure I can cover all midrange shots with a few matrices now that they're in electron granted they beat in to develop some turn. Fireball is always there to handle flex lines since the matrix isnt great for that. A Pyro could do it too I guess but 1 mold for 1 job is hard to justify.
2 rounds and 2 field practices in: the Electron Matrix is pretty straight. I know it is listed as -1, but the 178 and 180 I am throwing haven't really turned while flat. I am getting them out about 300-310 on flat. One of them took a good tree hit. No warping or clovering yet. This Electron plastic is firmer and slicker than other firm Electron blends out there. It is not as chalky as the Electron Volts. The surface is a bit slicker. I am hoping that more wear will make them a bit grippier. I too am hoping that I will be able to beat on into fill that S/US slot that I had for my Axis. I also might try and get a lighter weight one. The one at 180 is really nice and beefy and even with some forced turnover it fights out. I am pretty happy so far.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:20 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 73 Times in 38 Posts

I figured I would share this here too.

I bought my first MVP. 172g plasma tesla. Im cheap so I was pretty excited when I found it in the used pile.

I had asked people why they liked MVP. Why do people NOT like them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190917_191853.jpg (115.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-17-2019, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 210
Niced 1,901 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorooks View Post
I figured I would share this here too.

I bought my first MVP. 172g plasma tesla. Im cheap so I was pretty excited when I found it in the used pile.

I had asked people why they liked MVP. Why do people NOT like them?
direct correlation between people that dont like them and not being able to activate the gyro

Old 09-18-2019, 01:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 766 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
direct correlation between people that dont like them and not being able to activate the gyro
I hear that, they are kinda lumpy if you don't snap them right and clean. The Vector is a great example, tons of stabbing if you don't get it up to speed and a ton of anhyzer if you cheat with a wrist roll.

Seen some great throws with the electron Matrix on FB, curious but electron is not why I throw MVP, I'm going to hold out for the new offerings. I'm getting excited more than bitter.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:18 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 66 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
yeah, unless you have a decent amount of snap to your throw they don't perform well. Actually MVP discs are what taught me to utilize snap since they respond so well to different amounts of it.

SO I just got my second ace with a beat plasma volt the other day Made me rethink my bag a bit. It's flippy now, like relay flippy. I lost my relay and my crave so Im thinking maybe a fresh plasma volt could replace both slots and maybe even do away with the need for a tesla or wrath with photons in the bag. For reference itd be cycles of:

Atom
Entropy
Matrix
Volt
Inertia
Fireball
Photon
Octane

Any thoughts?

Old 09-18-2019, 03:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 766 Times in 534 Posts

Stabby stabby... what I meant is "tons of stability".

Hey Mediocredude the Volt is probably a real sweet fit for you at your power level.