Old 08-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 757 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
So will the flat top Metal Flake Champion butt much less hyzer. The Metal Flake Champion just have a super hook at the very end of flight Unlike the big Hyzer of the flat top Glow Gators I have seen both thrown in person. Those Metal Flake just have less glide then the numbers more then anything. The MF Champion Gator wants to dive to ground due to lack of glide that is then 1 or even a 0.5 in glide, least glide from a Gator ever. Most flat top Gators are this way with lack of glide being a 1 and a person can't get more then a specific max distance from those discs due to said lack of glide. However most other plastics with flat top to the Gator are not as heavy on the end flight hook or have hyzer the way some of the Champion plastic Gators are that have a flat top.
Of Course my experience seeing the glow Gator was the old model that he got the slight concave version. The Champion Glow Gator then hyzerd out like it was a Drone that had a 1 to 0.5 in the glide more then anything so the mold was still usable.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 08:41 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 129 Times in 80 Posts

I have been looking to switch away from A2s as they are too domey for my forehand. Tried Mortars, Not OS enough. Based solely on the hand feel of an old DX bar stamp gator, I habe ordered 2 flat top processed luster gators and 2 of the factory glow gators. Cant wait for them to arrive!
Old 09-17-2019, 09:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 86
Niced 292 Times in 156 Posts

I’m still loving my factory glow. It’s just absurdly overstable, you can torque it over all you want and it will flex back. So consistent for approaches and get out of jail shots.

I do need to pair it with something a little less crazy overstable, especially since it’s so distance limited. For me it’s either a Caiman or a base plastic Zone (Jawbreaker or Soft X).
Old 09-19-2019, 01:44 PM
Birdie Member

Got my factory glows and luster flat top Gators today. The factory glows are $$$ and fly like I wanted mt Mortars to. One luster is FT and flies like the glows but the other.... Is exceptionally domey. I ordered the flat top lusters from Disc Golf Values. They were described as "flat top processed" which the domey one obviously is not. I emailed asking if I could swap for a flat one. Am I being unreasonable? And has anyone had a similar issue with Disc Golf Values before? And of so how did they handle it? Thanks!

P.S. god damn I love these glow gators!
Old 09-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
I ordered the flat top lusters from Disc Golf Values. They were described as "flat top processed" which the domey one obviously is not. I emailed asking if I could swap for a flat one. Am I being unreasonable? And has anyone had a similar issue with Disc Golf Values before? And of so how did they handle it? Thanks!
I’ve never had an issue with him/them before. I have a few glow Gators labeled as “flat topped” and they are a bit domey. From DGV and other retailers...

I did have good luck with the F2s from the Factory Store marked as flat.

The new Factory Store Glow Gators are growing on me. Super OS!
Old 09-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishbiscuits View Post
I’ve never had an issue with him/them before. I have a few glow Gators labeled as “flat topped” and they are a bit domey. From DGV and other retailers...

I did have good luck with the F2s from the Factory Store marked as flat.

The new Factory Store Glow Gators are growing on me. Super OS!
DGV got back to me today and we've come to a good solution. Really glad, because they have tons of cool stuff and I want to buy a lot more there.

I took my factory store gator out for it's 2nd round today and boy do I love this thing. Good reliability and controllable skips.

Ill look into the f2 glow gators for back ups

Niced: (1)
Old 09-20-2019, 10:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Am I being unreasonable? And has anyone had a similar issue with Disc Golf Values before? And of so how did they handle it? Thanks!
You are not being unreasonable. I once saw some "Flat Top" Gators in a store for sale and at first thought they were just mislabeled. Nope, just discs that were not at all what they claimed to be. I would definitely contact them and ask for an exchange for an actual flat one or a refund. When you buy something labeled as blue that you receive and it is orange, you have every right to get a full refund or exchange it for something else. And if they won't do that then they have terrible customer service and you should make sure others are aware of the fact so they don't also buy from the same place. But I would guess they will make it right. Most people have pride in their business and reputation and are willing to make it right.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
DGV got back to me today and we've come to a good solution. Really glad, because they have tons of cool stuff and I want to buy a lot more there.

I took my factory store gator out for it's 2nd round today and boy do I love this thing. Good reliability and controllable skips.

Ill look into the f2 glow gators for back ups
Well so much for my unnecessary previous post. Glad to hear they worked it out with you. Also, consider flattening yourself any F2 Glows you buy if they are domey, because there is a chance they will come like that as F2s. I have done that with a couple of Rhynos, and although it probably won't change the stability to be as overstable as the FT processed ones, the feel will definitely be better than domey.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-21-2019, 11:04 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 24 Times in 17 Posts

The F2s aren’t the same nose configuration as the “Factory Store” Glow Gators. I figured I’d add that just in case... you likely knew that already, though...

Niced: (1)

Old 09-22-2019, 12:15 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 757 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishbiscuits View Post
The F2s aren’t the same nose configuration as the “Factory Store” Glow Gators. I figured I’d add that just in case... you likely knew that already, though...
It has more the slightly square style nose from the pictures as seen on some of the modern non flat top Gator or not Gator 3. This is understandable as sometime in late 2000's the Gator had two nose styles one being the older nose and other being the new nose, just slightly squared off compared to old nose style.