Old 09-25-2019, 02:13 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 726 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Its telling me 8m EEST, so adjust from there to your timezone. For me its perfect. Late enough for the kiddo to just have gone to bed, and not too late that it would be tough to stay awake for the whole round.
So roughly around right now then
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2019, 08:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,356 Times in 410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
We don't need live coverage either. A lot of people want it, but it's not a need. No different than the disc you are asking people to skip buying.

Not everyone is on the live train, and certainly not everyone is begging for it. My opinion holds weight already because it is my $10 that Innova wants. They have to be the ones that convince me that my $10 is better spent on their coverage rather than on a new mid from Discraft or a new driver or putter from Discmania or put toward a new bag. So far, they haven't convinced me that it'll be worth it. I am certain Jamie Thomas will be pitching it on The Upshot this week, and what he has to say may sway me, but right now, I'll stick with watching UDisc and waiting for post.
I think (and I do make this particular point on The Upshot) that what Victor is speaking against is the specific complaint about PPV, while still wanting live.

Personally, I accept it if someone says, "you suck, I'm not watching because you're on it." - fine. Do you boo boo. It took awhile to grow thick skin, many people on this forum watched me stumble through that semi-publicly, but now I'm at the point where if they hate me and like someone else at least they're watching disc golf. It's all good.

I accept it if someone says, "I don't see the value in live, and I can't budget both, so I'd rather pay Jomez/CCDG/whoever"

BUT, if someone says, "I don't mind JT on the mic, and I like live coverage, but WTF RICHARD $7.99?!?!?"

That's the eye-roll moment. Realistically, we all drop far more on far less in this sport. Complain about any aspect of the show you don't like? Fine, no problem. Complain about the completely reasonable maximum price point of $3.33 per round of coverage for non-PDGA members? Cmon man.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 329 Times in 199 Posts

^^^yeah, eight bucks will buy you a DX disc, so that's a good point. if you really dig the stuff, it's reasonable....

Niced: (1)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 216 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
That's the eye-roll moment. Realistically, we all drop far more on far less in this sport. Complain about any aspect of the show you don't like? Fine, no problem. Complain about the completely reasonable maximum price point of $3.33 per round of coverage for non-PDGA members? Cmon man.
Speaking of this point Jamie. Say this is a smashing success, and then next year, every major, NT and DGPT event goes this route. I just spent this money for USDGC, and I'm OK with it, but I won't spent 10 an event for all of those next year. Some, sure, all?

Do you think all of those premier pro events can somehow get a singe "Season Pass" package together? If everyone does their own one off paywall, there will be many events that suffer because of it IMO.

Just curious on what you think the next evolution is after USDGC, depending on the success of course.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:36 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 201 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
It is. It's certainly scenic. But I'm not sure it's gold-level and, being carved from the woods, it probably couldn't be extended to be.

It could also accommodate a gallery of dozens.

Hi David, "Gallery of dozens." I am still giggling over that one. Canaan definitely has different design goals than Winthrop Arena. Canaan is all about the the playing and the aesthetic experience. The USDGC Doubles players will be the first to play a brand new hole. Here's how I describe it: It's a lake shot on an island in the middle of a river. And for bonus, the new #7 could accommodate a gallery of at least a dozen dozens. Thanks for keeping it real with a smile. ~ Harold

Old 09-25-2019, 10:43 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,880 Times in 448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderEagle View Post
Speaking of this point Jamie. Say this is a smashing success, and then next year, every major, NT and DGPT event goes this route. I just spent this money for USDGC, and I'm OK with it, but I won't spent 10 an event for all of those next year. Some, sure, all?

Do you think all of those premier pro events can somehow get a singe "Season Pass" package together? If everyone does their own one off paywall, there will be many events that suffer because of it IMO.

Just curious on what you think the next evolution is after USDGC, depending on the success of course.
Here is what you don't have to worry about next year; the NT events going PPV. First of all, only 1 of the NT events is usually live broadcast (GBO) and I don't think that they have plans for that.

And as for the DGPT events, I can say that absolutely NOTHING has been figured out for next year yet. We don't even have the schedule yet, we don't even know if there will be live? We are working on getting thru this year first. I sure hope live is continued. But IF DGPT live were to go to a PPV model, I will guaranty that there would be some sort of season pass. I think that $10 for every event would be too much. I don't know what the right number would be because I don't have all the details.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,880 Times in 448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Duvall View Post
Hi David, "Gallery of dozens." I am still giggling over that one. Canaan definitely has different design goals than Winthrop Arena. Canaan is all about the the playing and the aesthetic experience. The USDGC Doubles players will be the first to play a brand new hole. Here's how I describe it: It's a lake shot on an island in the middle of a river. And for bonus, the new #7 could accommodate a gallery of at least a dozen dozens. Thanks for keeping it real with a smile. ~ Harold
Harold. I just want to say thank you for taking the leap into the PPV arena again. USDGC is always pushing the boundaries of the sport and I appreciate that. I may not always agree with them all, but I do respect the effort that goes into all of them.

I really hope that everything with Fulcrum goes off without a hitch, and everyone is happy with the product.

-JonnyV
SmashBoxxTV

Old 09-26-2019, 02:15 AM
Par Member

Niced 72 Times in 37 Posts

All i gotta say, is I know I won't be able to watch it live... I don't care which media team is covering it (although Jomez and CCDG are the best), but if Innova or other usual culprits post any spoilers without warning immediately after the tournament like they have a tendency to do... Then I'm definitely going to lose my shiz.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 689 Times in 374 Posts

Sigh.... Spoilers. There are no spoilers in sport. Its easy. Stay off social media. Stay off Innova site. It is the responsibility of the spoilee to avoid them. Is that a word? It is now.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,432 Times in 1,502 Posts

Yeah, if a person wants to be kept in the dark, it's not up to the rest of the world to shade him.