Old 10-18-2019, 07:33 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 161 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
That's just wrong, sorry. You were born a man. The BIRTH certificate should show the status at your BIRTH. That has nothing to do with who you became later in life. You can't change your location or date of birth either (i guess??). This does not make sense to me.

Edit: What's worrying for me is that the case of that track runner girl is supported by some ultra right ultra christian group. Not the kind of people i usually associate with :/
Disagree all you want with my birth certificate being changed, but that's how the law works for transgender people. It allows you to either change, or change and hide, your old details. That's just the way it works.

The Southern Poverty Law Center marked the Alliance Defending Freedom, the group that published at least 3 of the videos (I have seen 4 different ones already) on these two girls this video, a hate group.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2019, 07:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 872 Times in 518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerandhoney View Post
Please do your research. This is in CT, where, on high school level, self-identification is sufficient for transgender women to compete in gender-protected divisions. No medical requirements at all.
Do you agree with that btw?
Old 10-18-2019, 07:49 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Do you agree with that btw?
In grass roots level sports, it will definitely help transgender people be less ostracised, have at least one part in life where they are "allowed" to just be.
But it comes at potentially disenfranchising women.
My country's national flying disc association adopts the same policy on grass roots level for ultimate. For top level sports, they adhere to the WFDF guidelines, who in turn, follow the IOC's guidelines.
Disc golf is governed by PDGA guidelines, regardless of the level.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:41 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,270 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post

That's just wrong, sorry. You were born a man. The BIRTH certificate should show the status at your BIRTH. That has nothing to do with who you became later in life. You can't change your location or date of birth either (i guess??). This does not make sense to me.
Only one guy was ever born already a man, and his name is CHUCK NORRIS.

Sorry, had to do it.

In all seriousness, because a birth certificate is used as a form of government identification or as a way of establishing identity and creating further documents (passport, driver's license, etc.), updating it to reflect one's amended identity should that change is the sensible thing to do. If it were only a historical document, and no longer relevant to a person's life beyond birth, then it would make sense to leave it as is, tucked away in a dusty archive somewhere.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 86
Niced 79 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
Only one guy was ever born already a man, and his name is CHUCK NORRIS.

Sorry, had to do it.
I'm not going to lie. I read this and thought the bold part was going to say John Cena.

*cue entrance music*

Niced: (1)
Old 10-18-2019, 09:45 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 519
Niced 694 Times in 247 Posts

Quote:
In grass roots level sports, it will definitely help transgender people be less ostracised, have at least one part in life where they are "allowed" to just be.
But it comes at potentially disenfranchising women.
My country's national flying disc association adopts the same policy on grass roots level for ultimate. For top level sports, they adhere to the WFDF guidelines, who in turn, follow the IOC's guidelines.
Disc golf is governed by PDGA guidelines, regardless of the level.

The bold statement shows you do understand the concern that underlies this entire issue.

I am glad the PDGA adopted guidelines because having zero regulations is assuredly unfair to female athletes.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-18-2019, 09:45 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,270 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisugawa View Post
I'm not going to lie. I read this and thought the bold part was going to say John Cena.

*cue entrance music*
I struggled with the choice between Chuck Norris and John Cena for a solid minute. It was close.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:08 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 133
Niced 746 Times in 392 Posts

No comparison...just look what happens when Chuck breaks blocks!
Old 10-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
The bold statement shows you do understand the concern that underlies this entire issue.

I am glad the PDGA adopted guidelines because having zero regulations is assuredly unfair to female athletes.
Unregulated, there is a too large disconnect between female and male performance potential; regulated, that disconnect is (from what I understand of the current scientific knowledge behind the T level monitoring) in the realm of insignificant, negligible and small.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,184 Times in 601 Posts

Quote:
Unregulated, there is a too large disconnect between female and male performance potential; regulated, that disconnect is (from what I understand of the current scientific knowledge behind the T level monitoring) in the realm of insignificant, negligible and small.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ce-study-shows

Quote:
The scientists tested the hormone’s impact on aerobic performance measured by how long the women could run on a treadmill before reaching the point of exhaustion, and leg power, muscle strength and lean muscle mass.

Circulating levels of testosterone rose from 0.9 nmol/litre of blood to 4.3 nmol/L in the women given the hormone cream. This was below the recent 5 nmol/L IAAF limit and below the normal male range of 8-29 nmol/L.

Running time to exhaustion increased significantly by 21.17 seconds (8.5%) in the testosterone group, compared with those given the inactive substance. The group given the hormone also had significant changes in lean muscle mass, gaining 923g vs 135g overall and 398g vs 91g in their legs.

Cooper said that the latest findings left little doubt that testosterone was generally performance enhancing for female athletes.

Last edited by Halcón; 10-18-2019 at 01:44 PM.