Old 10-18-2019, 10:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,032 Times in 849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Next time you do an event, order from the company with good results and email them and let them know why.

And then when you don't order from the other company, email them and let them know why.
There is more than one company who I will never purchase from due to the behavior of their sponsored players.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 79 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Wow, you are out of touch.

If you are playing on a public course, then yes leagues don't get any precedence over other players who want to use the course at that time.
They do get precedence where I am at, and regardless, it is pretty crappy for a player to barge into the middle of a league. It basically says that "my game is more important than this league". Those that give no respect, deserve no respect.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 98 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
What I find interesting is one of the consistent complaints of the PDGA is not caring about pros enough, not caring about standards enough and not caring about professionalism.

Yet this move directly is made to address those reasons and people seem to be against it.

ROFL. this move was made to quell the entitlement attitudes that "pros" carry.

there are MANY sub-900 players that have more professionalism and care of PDGA standards in their pinky nail than the majority of 1100+ rated "pros".

Niced: (2)
Old 10-18-2019, 12:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,032 Times in 849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
They do get precedence where I am at, and regardless, it is pretty crappy for a player to barge into the middle of a league. It basically says that "my game is more important than this league". Those that give no respect, deserve no respect.
By "barge into the middle of a league" do you perhaps mean "attempt to play the course at the same time as leagues are occurring"? Silly me...here i was thinking that public parks are indeed public.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:51 PM

Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblink86 View Post
ROFL. this move was made to quell the entitlement attitudes that "pros" carry.

there are MANY sub-900 players that have more professionalism and care of PDGA standards in their pinky nail than the majority of 1100+ rated "pros".
Number of 1100+ rated pros: 0

So, yes, I agree totally.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhyzer24 View Post
Part of the issue getting overlooked is that it isn't possible to sign up for everything all at once. Registration opens up at somewhat random times for events: sometimes it's 4 months in advance, sometimes it's 2 months in advance. Sure, it's easy for all the local players who have that one event on their calendar that they're checking up on to try to get entered, but for a touring pro that has to worry about keeping tabs on when registration opens up for 25-30 different events, it can get pretty tricky.

it's call a calendar. there's even a app for it on your iphone.

even better, use MS Outlook. i'm sure the manufacturers have MS Office licenses.

why not provide training to your sponsored "pros" so they can develop real-world skills that will translate to other jobs they will need during/after their playing careers?

oh wait, that's right, "pros" don't even know they're on the job when they're playing at a tournament. why should we think they'll take anything else seriously, like managing their money and schedule?
Old 10-18-2019, 12:55 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
Number of 1100+ rated pros: 0

So, yes, I agree totally.

bravo, you win the funny award! surprised no one caught that sooner

Old 10-18-2019, 01:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 79 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
By "barge into the middle of a league" do you perhaps mean "attempt to play the course at the same time as leagues are occurring"? Silly me...here i was thinking that public parks are indeed public.
Your rights end when they impinge on others rights. If a league starts on holes 1-9, then you need to start elsewhere. If you jump in the middle you are a world class jerk, reserved course or not. It really is that simple. If some folks are playing full court basketball at a public park and you want to practice free throws, what do you do? Do you barge on the court and tell them you have the right to shoot when and where you want? Not a recipe for success in my opinion.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:51 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,452 Times in 893 Posts

This issue as it relates specifically to World's makes sense if you look at where they have moved the event.

A few years ago I remember this same issue being addressed and somebody (I think it was Graham) conceded that World's was more of a big party for the membership than it was a competitive event. It was a big get-together with a big flymart and party atmosphere, especially the combined Pro/Am World's. The point that was being conceded was that they couldn't do something like limit registration since there was no support from the membership to cancel the party.

Then a few years ago they canceled the party. Age-protected divisions were peeled off. The focus became squarely on the competitors. World's mirrored USDGC except with a Women's division. They managed to do that without much of an outcry, which surprised me a bit. The entire event was fundamentally changed; fewer course, fewer rounds, fewer divisions...and everybody seems OK with it.

Since the party is cancelled and Lloyd Weema didn't get the memo and keeps showing up for it, it really doesn't surprise me at all that they are taking the step to uninvite him. If you are OK with where World's has moved to as an event over the last 4ish years, you are OK with a move to a more "professional" event and cutting sub 900 rated players shouldn't really be an issue.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:16 PM

Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
This issue as it relates specifically to World's makes sense if you look at where they have moved the event.

A few years ago I remember this same issue being addressed and somebody (I think it was Graham) conceded that World's was more of a big party for the membership than it was a competitive event. It was a big get-together with a big flymart and party atmosphere, especially the combined Pro/Am World's. The point that was being conceded was that they couldn't do something like limit registration since there was no support from the membership to cancel the party.

Then a few years ago they canceled the party. Age-protected divisions were peeled off. The focus became squarely on the competitors. World's mirrored USDGC except with a Women's division. They managed to do that without much of an outcry, which surprised me a bit. The entire event was fundamentally changed; fewer course, fewer rounds, fewer divisions...and everybody seems OK with it.
Since the party is cancelled and Lloyd Weema didn't get the memo and keeps showing up for it, it really doesn't surprise me at all that they are taking the step to uninvite him. If you are OK with where World's has moved to as an event over the last 4ish years, you are OK with a move to a more "professional" event and cutting sub 900 rated players shouldn't really be an issue.
The new generation of human is more introverted and doesn't really care about socializing, in fact they think it's weird to talk to people. Sad truth. They view disc golf as a means to compete and to watch on their smartphones in their lifeless apartments because they refuse to buy a house lol

The old days of fun and enjoying one anothers company are over

thank you new generation for destroying Lloyd.....his blood is on your hands