Old 04-16-2019, 12:18 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 137 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
Has anyone beat any aviarx3 in enough to show some turn? How long did it take you?
Easy, get a DX one. My DX ones started showing turn pretty quickly. Great for hyzerflips and slow turnovers now. My CFR AX3 has beaten to pretty straight these days and I’ve had it since late December.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2019, 10:54 AM

Niced 20 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfer25 View Post
Easy, get a DX one. My DX ones started showing turn pretty quickly. Great for hyzerflips and slow turnovers now. My CFR AX3 has beaten to pretty straight these days and I’ve had it since late December.
Did those DX ones ever beat into straighter than premium AviarX3 but still with a healthy fade or did they just start turning right away? I was really hoping the DX version would act kind of like a premium Aviar3 with no turn but nice and straight to a healthy fade at least initially.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 137 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTiger13 View Post
Did those DX ones ever beat into straighter than premium AviarX3 but still with a healthy fade or did they just start turning right away? I was really hoping the DX version would act kind of like a premium Aviar3 with no turn but nice and straight to a healthy fade at least initially.
I ordered 5 DX ones about 3 months ago and I am on my second one. Out of the box, they are straight to fade but not as much fade as the premium and less skippy. I would say after about a month of woods use, it had some healthy turn. If I hyzerflip it, it's still straight to fade but throwing it flat it will turn and hold it. That's for forehand. My backhand is a bit weaker and it was pretty stable for my arm speed until it beat in and now its a great backhand approach disc for me. It will hold a straight line but won't flip.

The DX ones are super flat but not puddle top. I highly recommend them, but I would pick up a few and cycle them.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-17-2019, 11:24 AM

Niced 20 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfer25 View Post
I ordered 5 DX ones about 3 months ago and I am on my second one. Out of the box, they are straight to fade but not as much fade as the premium and less skippy. I would say after about a month of woods use, it had some healthy turn. If I hyzerflip it, it's still straight to fade but throwing it flat it will turn and hold it. That's for forehand. My backhand is a bit weaker and it was pretty stable for my arm speed until it beat in and now its a great backhand approach disc for me. It will hold a straight line but won't flip.

The DX ones are super flat but not puddle top. I highly recommend them, but I would pick up a few and cycle them.
Cool! Sounds about like what I was hoping they would be. I don't mind cycling I just hate premium plastic for touch approaches. They're skippy and the grip just isn't as good for dialing in the right distance for me.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 93 Times in 79 Posts

get a champion luster AVX3 for a little more beef than a fresh star.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 215 Times in 103 Posts

Has anyone thrown the production run Champions? If so, how do they compare? Any more OS?
Old 06-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts

Just wanted to stop in and sing my praises of this disc. I've been bagging a proto star at max weight for a few months now. I had a really windy league round yesterday, and I almost pulled it out to put a super beef puddle top gator in, but decided to put the AX3 to the test. This little puppy holds up to the wind. Backhands up to 250 and flick approaches 150 or so and in. Good hand feel and commendable glide/float given the stability.

I had a color glow that I bagged for a while that I really liked, mainly because the plastic was a touch stiffer than my star version. I'm curious to hear how the stock champ run came out.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 460 Times in 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
Has anyone thrown the production run Champions? If so, how do they compare? Any more OS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
I'm curious to hear how the stock champ run came out.
Picked up a stock Champ to try out. I have a Star that I've thrown for maybe half a dozen rounds. Brought them both out to a field for 30 minutes. Wind up to 10mph at times. Threw them both BH and FH. Here's my experience with the two:

Star: Mine is 175g with a puddle top. Really sharp flashing on the bottom rim that would probably cut some people's hands (mine are all calloused from years of lifting with sharply knurled bars and manual labor, so if I notice flashing on a disc it is probably substantial.)

The Star holds up well. Mostly I throw it for straight shots with a predictable finish. Tried some small flex shots with mixed results. Between flat and hyzer it will hold the angle. Doesn't have much glide; will go only as far as the power you put into it. I have to really try to get this past 225' as opposed to other putters that can glide out for more distance.

Champ: Mine is 175g with a flat top. I noticed at the store they had some lighter weight ones that had a lot of dome. Seems like only the 175g ones were flat (I ended up going back and buying the other 175g one.) Smoother feel, more comfortable especially for FH. Feels like there is more disc to hold on to, but that could be due to the flat top vs the puddle top on the Star. EDIT: the plastic on these is pearly, like the recent flat stock Champ Firebirds.

The Champ seems like it has more glide than the Star; easier to get more distance. On throws that seemed to be the same effort and line, the Champ would go a little further. Also saw a little bit of flip up on some of my FH throws, but it would stable up pretty quickly. Seemed to do better on small flex shots. Need some course time with it.

Overall I like both of them. Would like to try DX when the local store has some in stock. I got the AviarX3 to try as a more forgiving FH putter. Up to now I have been either hyzerflipping a Classic Aviar or using a P2 for my FH putter throws. Those have been fine, but I'm gonna try bagging the Champ AviarX3 mostly due to the more substantial feel in the hand compared to the Star. I wouldn't say the Champ is more OS; if I had to pick the more OS one, it would be the Star. Is it more OS/less glidey because of the flashing and puddle top?
Old 08-25-2019, 10:48 PM

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 119
Niced 10 Times in 7 Posts

Just got a Aviarx3 in XT plastic in a players pack. Finally an innova throwing putter i'm happy with. The XT plastic also has a great feel.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:58 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 89 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater88 View Post
Just got a Aviarx3 in XT plastic in a players pack. Finally an innova throwing putter i'm happy with. The XT plastic also has a great feel.
could you compare this xt with the bullfrog xt