Old 06-25-2019, 12:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,874 Times in 1,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I've only noticed it on that fresh Z Wasp I mentioned... Actually, now that I think about it, the FR buzzOS I had might have had it also. It was more or less new. Was a tester that a local pro had received but only threw a few times. I guess it could just be something that happens when the flashing is removed at the factory?
no it appears to be top and bottom pieces not lining up on the mold and not a flashing issue its pretty noticeable
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-25-2019, 12:40 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 221 Times in 104 Posts

C'mon man....im pretty sure we all know deep down its the archer....BUT then that would mean we wouldnt get that juice from new plastic fantasies of glory =)

Niced: (2)
Old 06-25-2019, 12:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 308 Times in 185 Posts

Obviously you guys don't know the right answer and are way off track. Just ask his new wife Hanna. I'm sure she'll tell you exactly why he's playing better now.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:12 AM
.:4X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Niced 323 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
So you seem to be telling me, in a rather snarky way, that the many many posts I've seen on here referencing spacers, using different "top and bottom" pieces, etc., are all BS?...
Yes it’s all BS. Idk who comes up with this stuff but it’s funny to read sometimes. Discraft has great molds they didn’t “tweak” anything for me. They sent me discs to try I loved certain molds more than others and that’s how I built my bag. Tour series discs are a established mold in a desired players choice of plastic. Some plastics cool differently, ( Domey, Flat or neutral ) so they may request them to run a certain way but that isn’t always perfect. Also the Wasp has a strong flashing point I can tell you they don’t accidentally switch parts. Hopefully this clears up the air and gives a little insight.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,289 Times in 2,272 Posts

Thx Paul... Its always nice to get insight from you guys. I wish more pros would participate here but I can understand why they don't.

I never said they accidently switch parts though. Was just wondering why that disc has that weird ledge/lip since I'd never really noticed it before.

Btw that post I quoted was from someone who works at disc company. fwiw

Keep up the good work of ending the archer debate.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 06-25-2019 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:30 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 4
Niced 193 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Yes it’s all BS. Idk who comes up with this stuff but it’s funny to read sometimes. Discraft has great molds they didn’t “tweak” anything for me. They sent me discs to try I loved certain molds more than others and that’s how I built my bag. Tour series discs are a established mold in a desired players choice of plastic. Some plastics cool differently, ( Domey, Flat or neutral ) so they may request them to run a certain way but that isn’t always perfect. Also the Wasp has a strong flashing point I can tell you they don’t accidentally switch parts. Hopefully this clears up the air and gives a little insight.
Nice! I assumed they tweaked them since they're also stamped first run but you're right, all the molds where great to begin with!
Good to see you shoot with confidence, amazing lines and throws sir, keep it up!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 878 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
she never had much skill to begin with and now she is throwing childrens toys

you do the math
When I watch her play, I just don't see a 960+ rated disc golfer. I just don't get it...

Old 06-25-2019, 04:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 878 Times in 521 Posts

Let's don't forget Paul also proved another dgcr myth wrong....marriage and it's affect on the game.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:39 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,177 Times in 1,604 Posts
Default Re: tweaking

Not sure, but I don't think they can just change a disc design by changing the physical mold without getting re-approval (or approval of the new disc mold that results) from the PDGA.

As to 'tweaking' molds, in one of her WITBs, Hannah Leatherman once said that she asked Innova to 'tweak' her Tour Series Star Terns to be more overstable than production Terns, so that they'd season in in a way more to her liking. I don't know exactly what they did, but they succeeded in making her Tour Series discs more OS than normal Star Terns.

It could indeed be the plastics, since a lot of TS Star discs are Swirly Star, and a lot of TS discs are Champion, as well... all which tend to be more stable and more suited for pro arms than the regular production counterparts.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i prefer it

what is we had all dgcr posters in person in a room together once a night to talk about dg stuff
That's actually be pretty awesome, really. I'd be interested in seeing if some of the online bravado of some of our friends here actually carried out into real life, or if they are just timid little mice hiding behind a keyboard lol

But mass gathering of forum goers would be pretty neat!