Old 07-19-2019, 06:27 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
What do you guys think about using an Archer for the u/s fairway slot as opposed to a Leopard? Is the Archer too u/s? (has a turn of -3).
For me, both the Leopard and Archer don't get quite the distance of the Leopard3. The Leopard is meant to be a fairway driver, the Archer feel more like a mid.

Having said that, the Archer is a nice US disc, but for me gets "caught up" as a 'tweener... it's very long for a mid, and I use other discs for fairway drivers.

But you may find the Archer very useful as an understable mid, so give it a shot.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

I got a Seer today, which has the same flight numbers as a Leopard 3, but a little bit thicker of a rim, which is better for me. Looking forward to comparing this to my Explorer

Niced: (1)
Old 07-22-2019, 11:39 PM
Bogey Member

Went out to field practice today with my fairway drivers. I'm really glad I got that Seer, it's so nice to see a different flight and that I CAN actually get a disc to turn. It's especially good for my LHBH. With RHBH I had it turn over on me some, so I'll need to put some more hyzer on it, but it was fun to watch if I got a full flight out of it.

Side note - I took a speed 11 DD out for the heck of it, and I'm clearly not ready. It was often my shortest throw, just a hard dump to the left. If I tried to throw it harder, it would be an even uglier shot. I think I'll leave that in the closet for a while. Other than that, it was an encouraging practice session. Would like to go out with mids/putters next.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:08 PM
Bogey Member

Making a slight tweak..
Taking out the Warlock.
The Wizard and Warlock overlap, and I'd rather learn one disc than two. I've noticed I don't actually notice the bead with my putting grip, and the Wizard has a little more stability than the Warlock.

This is my most important disc. I use it more than any other disc.

I've hardly been using my mids, at least on the course I usually play. My last round I reached for my Buzzz twice and never used the Anvil. I think it's largely due to the length of the holes...the tee shot is too far, but the approach shot is too close. Might try to tee off with my Buzzz more often on a second shot just for more practice. If I don't use it, I'm not going to get better with it.

Updated bag:

Drivers:
(x2) 172 opto Explorer - windy conditions and hyzer shots
173 vip Seer - tailwind shots, calm conditions, most lhbh drives, and turnovers

Mids:
(x 2) 172 ESP Buzzz - main mid
170 VIP Anvil - windy approaches, utility disc

Putters:
(x2) 176 SS Wizard - short approach and putting

Old 07-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Bogey Member

The Seer's rim was too thin for my liking so I've ordered a Mantis. I keep finding discs I want to try, feels never ending. Might try to mix in a few of the below ones over the next few months. Overall feel pretty good about my bag though

Updated Bag

Drivers:
Explorer
Mantis

Mids:
Buzzz
Anvil

Putters:
Wizard

Discs I'm curious about..
If anybody wants to weigh in on these, feel free:

Drivers:
Heat - speed 9, u/s, tailwind, calm - think this disc could give me my greatest distance
River - speed 7, u/s -- have never thrown a disc with 7 glide. popular fairway driver. course I usually play at is not too long, I think this could be a good fit
Culverin - speed 9 - am starting to push my Explorer past 300'. this may be my next disc up for headwinds, windy conditions. don't think I'm ready for it yet, but maybe in the future

Mids:
Comet - seems to be an all-time favorite mid for several long-time players, but I think this would overlap with my Buzzz. Still want to try it. Don't play wooded courses often, but think it would be a good pick up for the times that I do
Verdict - seems to be popular O/S mid. Curious to try it out as alternative to Anvil, not as extreme o/s as Anvil

Putter:
Axiom Envy - popular putter. considering trying this as a throwing putter while still using the Wizard as putting putter. Maybe a little extra stability than the wizard?