Old 07-21-2019, 02:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,133 Times in 1,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Even Streets putter/mid bag would be fine. I mean if he knew how to pick a decent mid, that it.
Lol what you don't want to throw my 168g seasoned KC Roc?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2019, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,208 Times in 533 Posts

Quote:
Just thinking about putting with an 86 Softie is giving me the heebie jeebies...
They're all I putted with for years. They're amazing.
Ya big weenie.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-21-2019, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Niced 914 Times in 354 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I have a few back ups.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-21-2019, 02:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I have a few back ups.

Niiiiiiice.

I only have one left. I don't putt with them anymore, but I can't get rid of the putter that won the putting contest at 98 Am Worlds. (Apologies for the boast.)

Niced: (3)
Old 07-21-2019, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Also, I think Three Putt and I could swap bags and suck equally with each other's assortment of base plastic nonsense. Stupid shoulders.

When's the last time you threw a DX Stingray, 3P?
Old 07-21-2019, 03:16 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,420 Times in 887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
When's the last time you threw a DX Stingray, 3P?
Yesterday afternoon?
Old 07-21-2019, 03:39 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,420 Times in 887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
They're all I putted with for years. They're amazing.
Ya big weenie.
I used to throw with a guy that was old-school hippie dippy. You know, the kind of guy that has flashbacks about his flashbacks. He never once uttered a complete sentence that actually made any sense to me, which I found fascinating in my 20's. He mostly played Ultimate but he golfed at the local pitch 'n putt quite a bit with his bag full of understable wonders. He mostly threw a beat-up tool Hammer, some old thrashed Aviar XD's, this old Discraft Eclipse and a P-38. He would throw these big sweeping turnovers and rollers; he was always using a line I couldn't hit and explaining how he did it in this undecipherable langue of the flippy zen master. He was an all-around fascinating specimen of Frisbee mastery while also being a D.A.R.E propaganda stereotype, all there in one package.

He was the guy who turned me on the 86 Softie; all of the mysteries of the flippy zen master could be cracked if you could master that tantalizing dance of the 86 as it drifted up, then down; left, then right..pulling ever so close to the basket in line before breaking away at the last second and clicking harmlessly off an outside chain and to the ground. Master that dance, make it embrace the chains and nuzzle deep in the safety of the protective basket, and the keys to the sky roller will be yours.

For two long years I struggled mightily with the 86 Softie; my bogie beater stamp drooling at me in an unhinged madness as I endured the dance of flippy failure over, and over...and over.

Then one day it dawned on me...crack is whack, and putts count the same even if you hyzer putt a big bead Aviar. Goodbye, 86 Softies.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 393 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
I used to throw with a guy that was old-school hippie dippy. You know, the kind of guy that has flashbacks about his flashbacks. He never once uttered a complete sentence that actually made any sense to me, which I found fascinating in my 20's. He mostly played Ultimate but he golfed at the local pitch 'n putt quite a bit with his bag full of understable wonders. He mostly threw a beat-up tool Hammer, some old thrashed Aviar XD's, this old Discraft Eclipse and a P-38. He would throw these big sweeping turnovers and rollers; he was always using a line I couldn't hit and explaining how he did it in this undecipherable langue of the flippy zen master. He was an all-around fascinating specimen of Frisbee mastery while also being a D.A.R.E propaganda stereotype, all there in one package.

He was the guy who turned me on the 86 Softie; all of the mysteries of the flippy zen master could be cracked if you could master that tantalizing dance of the 86 as it drifted up, then down; left, then right..pulling ever so close to the basket in line before breaking away at the last second and clicking harmlessly off an outside chain and to the ground. Master that dance, make it embrace the chains and nuzzle deep in the safety of the protective basket, and the keys to the sky roller will be yours.

For two long years I struggled mightily with the 86 Softie; my bogie beater stamp drooling at me in an unhinged madness as I endured the dance of flippy failure over, and over...and over.

Then one day it dawned on me...crack is whack, and putts count the same even if you hyzer putt a big bead Aviar. Goodbye, 86 Softies.
Pretty sure every course has that guy, and somehow he is the same guy at every course.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Niced 914 Times in 354 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I learned to putt in my old apartment that had a 32' straight shot, and no other shot, down the hallway. The 86 Softie is perfect for that straight putt. To this day if I have a putt from that distance or farther down a natural looking hallway the odds of me making that putt go up dramatically.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,109 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Probably VictorB's.
As long as I have challenges, the rest doesn't really matter...
I got some bad news for you then