#21  
Old 07-21-2019, 02:16 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,168
Niced 4,133 Times in 1,737 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Even Streets putter/mid bag would be fine. I mean if he knew how to pick a decent mid, that it.
Lol what you don't want to throw my 168g seasoned KC Roc?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,615
Niced 1,208 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Just thinking about putting with an 86 Softie is giving me the heebie jeebies...
They're all I putted with for years. They're amazing.
Ya big weenie.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,876
Niced 914 Times in 354 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

I have a few back ups.


Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-21-2019, 02:38 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,615
Niced 1,208 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I have a few back ups.

Niiiiiiice.

I only have one left. I don't putt with them anymore, but I can't get rid of the putter that won the putting contest at 98 Am Worlds. (Apologies for the boast.)


Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-21-2019, 02:44 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,615
Niced 1,208 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Also, I think Three Putt and I could swap bags and suck equally with each other's assortment of base plastic nonsense. Stupid shoulders.

When's the last time you threw a DX Stingray, 3P?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,151
Niced 2,420 Times in 887 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
When's the last time you threw a DX Stingray, 3P?
Yesterday afternoon?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,151
Niced 2,420 Times in 887 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
They're all I putted with for years. They're amazing.
Ya big weenie.
I used to throw with a guy that was old-school hippie dippy. You know, the kind of guy that has flashbacks about his flashbacks. He never once uttered a complete sentence that actually made any sense to me, which I found fascinating in my 20's. He mostly played Ultimate but he golfed at the local pitch 'n putt quite a bit with his bag full of understable wonders. He mostly threw a beat-up tool Hammer, some old thrashed Aviar XD's, this old Discraft Eclipse and a P-38. He would throw these big sweeping turnovers and rollers; he was always using a line I couldn't hit and explaining how he did it in this undecipherable langue of the flippy zen master. He was an all-around fascinating specimen of Frisbee mastery while also being a D.A.R.E propaganda stereotype, all there in one package.

He was the guy who turned me on the 86 Softie; all of the mysteries of the flippy zen master could be cracked if you could master that tantalizing dance of the 86 as it drifted up, then down; left, then right..pulling ever so close to the basket in line before breaking away at the last second and clicking harmlessly off an outside chain and to the ground. Master that dance, make it embrace the chains and nuzzle deep in the safety of the protective basket, and the keys to the sky roller will be yours.

For two long years I struggled mightily with the 86 Softie; my bogie beater stamp drooling at me in an unhinged madness as I endured the dance of flippy failure over, and over...and over.

Then one day it dawned on me...crack is whack, and putts count the same even if you hyzer putt a big bead Aviar. Goodbye, 86 Softies.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-21-2019, 04:14 PM
R-Ogre's Avatar
R-Ogre R-Ogre is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 311
Niced 393 Times in 138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I used to throw with a guy that was old-school hippie dippy. You know, the kind of guy that has flashbacks about his flashbacks. He never once uttered a complete sentence that actually made any sense to me, which I found fascinating in my 20's. He mostly played Ultimate but he golfed at the local pitch 'n putt quite a bit with his bag full of understable wonders. He mostly threw a beat-up tool Hammer, some old thrashed Aviar XD's, this old Discraft Eclipse and a P-38. He would throw these big sweeping turnovers and rollers; he was always using a line I couldn't hit and explaining how he did it in this undecipherable langue of the flippy zen master. He was an all-around fascinating specimen of Frisbee mastery while also being a D.A.R.E propaganda stereotype, all there in one package.

He was the guy who turned me on the 86 Softie; all of the mysteries of the flippy zen master could be cracked if you could master that tantalizing dance of the 86 as it drifted up, then down; left, then right..pulling ever so close to the basket in line before breaking away at the last second and clicking harmlessly off an outside chain and to the ground. Master that dance, make it embrace the chains and nuzzle deep in the safety of the protective basket, and the keys to the sky roller will be yours.

For two long years I struggled mightily with the 86 Softie; my bogie beater stamp drooling at me in an unhinged madness as I endured the dance of flippy failure over, and over...and over.

Then one day it dawned on me...crack is whack, and putts count the same even if you hyzer putt a big bead Aviar. Goodbye, 86 Softies.
Pretty sure every course has that guy, and somehow he is the same guy at every course.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,876
Niced 914 Times in 354 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

I learned to putt in my old apartment that had a 32' straight shot, and no other shot, down the hallway. The 86 Softie is perfect for that straight putt. To this day if I have a putt from that distance or farther down a natural looking hallway the odds of me making that putt go up dramatically.
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 07-21-2019, 05:26 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,890
Niced 1,109 Times in 561 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Probably VictorB's.
As long as I have challenges, the rest doesn't really matter...
I got some bad news for you then
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Throw Away the ENTIRE Bag, and Start New. Out Of The Bag Jenga54 General Disc Golf Chat 35 11-18-2016 03:18 PM
Do you throw in bag tags for dubs? randomatt General Disc Golf Chat 15 03-03-2015 09:29 PM
What should I throw into a Headwind from my bag? pastorcoco Technique & Strategy 29 05-09-2014 10:24 AM
Do you throw wizards? Describe the ones you have in your bag. elnino Discs 31 04-01-2011 07:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.