Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Etiquette and pet peeves

Today was amazing weather and a great day to play so I didn't let any of these small things get me down but when the weather is bad I find my patience wears thin for bad etiquette.

A group of two dads and their combined six kids were out playing. Awesome I thought those are cool dads. Then I realized they allowed their kids to stick branches in the tops of the baskets.

Leaving after my round a car pulls up with 3 teenage somethings bad dubstep blaring. He actually left it on with the doors open while they got ready. Then they started intentionally playing the course out of order. Nothing major but it just makes me wonder if anyone still considers other people anymore? What about the group on sixteen trying to sink a putt then you pull up with your music loud and jump on the hole right in front of them?

What are the worst examples of bad etiquette you've come across? From disc golfers and others.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 120
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

I just hate it when a group of 3+ just seems to refuse to let you play through.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not letting play through, but usually when I do play through I major league suck on that shot
Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Niced 929 Times in 357 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Hosting a pro tournament with a local rock station broadcasting live by holes 1, 9, 10 & 18. And yeah, they have bigger speakers than a car.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 360
Niced 730 Times in 256 Posts

After throwing a round today, and noticing the load of beer cans, beer bottles, broken beer bottle remains and other trash on the course, I decided to follow up with a trash pick up round. After nine holes, I had had enough, and took the garbage bag (which probably weighed close to 10 pounds by then) to the dumpster and went back to play the back nine.

I decided then to play one more round, and wouldn't you know, there were already three or four new beverage containers strewn about on the half of the course that I had just cleaned.

There should be a special place in hell for chuckers. I just wish the law gave me the authority to take a 12 gauge out on the course and send them there.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Niced 929 Times in 357 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
After throwing a round today, and noticing the load of beer cans, beer bottles, broken beer bottle remains and other trash on the course, I decided to follow up with a trash pick up round. After nine holes, I had had enough, and took the garbage bag (which probably weighed close to 10 pounds by then) to the dumpster and went back to play the back nine.

I decided then to play one more round, and wouldn't you know, there were already three or four new beverage containers strewn about on the half of the course that I had just cleaned.

There should be a special place in hell for chuckers. I just wish the law gave me the authority to take a 12 gauge out on the course and send them there.
That sucks. I swear there is not a course in this area that has this problem yet I hear/read so much about it in other locations.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Litter is a big pet peeve of mine. Not letting people play through is also ridiculous, but I find it happens more with inexperienced players and they are always in a large group. My biggest though is foot faults. No one seems to call them on anyone, and I see it all the time. I called it finally on this guy I've been playing with because he literally takes two steps past his disc no matter the throw.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

talking while on the teepad, it annoys me quite a bit

Niced: (1)
Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 120
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

^the only course in MI I've been to do far that didn't have cigarette butts and trash everywhere was flip city.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 42
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Today was amazing weather and a great day to play so I didn't let any of these small things get me down but when the weather is bad I find my patience wears thin for bad etiquette.

A group of two dads and their combined six kids were out playing. Awesome I thought those are cool dads. Then I realized they allowed their kids to stick branches in the tops of the baskets.

Leaving after my round a car pulls up with 3 teenage somethings bad dubstep blaring. He actually left it on with the doors open while they got ready. Then they started intentionally playing the course out of order. Nothing major but it just makes me wonder if anyone still considers other people anymore? What about the group on sixteen trying to sink a putt then you pull up with your music loud and jump on the hole right in front of them?

What are the worst examples of bad etiquette you've come across? From disc golfers and others.
At least it could have been good dubstep like Skrillex.