Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
If you can find one with the mini proto stamp do what ever you need to do to make it legally yours. Those are C.E. spiders and they feel even better than the prolines. I do bag a mini stamp and a proline and throw them for @ 80% of my mid shots off the tee. The 'multi-purose' champ spiders are a touch more over-stable and still have a nice gummy feel. The most recent runs seem too stiff and the feel is a bit slicker. I'll throw one in if the weather hits above 90 degrees.
Hey I'm still a little new to some terms, do you have a picture of what a mini proto looks like? I did recently pick up this spider bellow which I really enjoy. Thanks for the info, I agree about the more recent run of Champion Spider, I didn't like how much harder it was.

*OOPS didn't see the response already
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (90.1 KB, 33 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2018, 11:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,402 Times in 1,316 Posts

Mini Proto is that last post Jdub made. The first runs of Innova discs usually have that four point star logo. The newer ones are bigger, like this...

Niced: (1)
Old 04-25-2018, 08:38 PM

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Anyone have anything to add about star spiders? I have a star that is so gummy! First star spiders I have seen. I have a couple champsIMG_20180405_123540.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2018, 08:39 PM

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze10 View Post
Anyone have anything to add about star spiders? I have a star that is so gummy! First star spiders I have seen. I have a couple champsAttachment 64696

It is the blue one. Red is a cro

Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 325 Times in 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Yea that pearly champ plastic they used when the Orc first came out('04-'05?)...*insertDroolface* It was one of the first discs I fell in love with when I first started...

I still cant believe I tried to throw that shot over the lake...
Oh Brutal how I share your sorrow. I had two of those Orcs and they were in my bag for years. As my game improved they became hyzer flip woods monsters and fantastic rollers. Same for the pearly wraiths. All gone now, but never forgotten.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:20 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post

Like these. The stamp has worn off the blue one that's always in my main bag during the summer.
These are BEAUTIFUL

Old 04-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 549 Times in 275 Posts
Default Spiders!

DISClaimer: Oof, sorry for the poor photo quality here. Old phone

Anyway--

Upper left: SUPER pearly Pro-Line Spider. This is basically opaque with all of the swirls in it. Very similar to a lot of the 'first run' mini-proto-stars that you see.

Upper right: More translucent Pro-Line Spider. (You can see some of the wood grain through, even despite the glaring light and shoddy camera work.) I always suspected that this may have been a later run when the Pro-Line was getting to be more of a candy pro. Can't confirm for sure, just my guess.

Both of those are very gummy and grippy.

(The lower two F2's were much later run champ, almost like Jolly Launcher. They were very stiff and a little slick. For some reason they molded up with a lot more dome than the old Spiders.)

Also, just for funsies, these are two of the PFN "Multi-Purpose" stamped Spiders. (Obviously both stamps have been wiped.) Per my observations they were just as gummy and grippy as the Pro-Lines, although not as pretty. Actually, the plastic was very similar to the blue Pro-Line above.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
DISClaimer: Oof, sorry for the poor photo quality here. Old phone

Anyway--

Upper left: SUPER pearly Pro-Line Spider. This is basically opaque with all of the swirls in it. Very similar to a lot of the 'first run' mini-proto-stars that you see.

Upper right: More translucent Pro-Line Spider. (You can see some of the wood grain through, even despite the glaring light and shoddy camera work.) I always suspected that this may have been a later run when the Pro-Line was getting to be more of a candy pro. Can't confirm for sure, just my guess.

Both of those are very gummy and grippy.

(The lower two F2's were much later run champ, almost like Jolly Launcher. They were very stiff and a little slick. For some reason they molded up with a lot more dome than the old Spiders.)

Also, just for funsies, these are two of the PFN "Multi-Purpose" stamped Spiders. (Obviously both stamps have been wiped.) Per my observations they were just as gummy and grippy as the Pro-Lines, although not as pretty. Actually, the plastic was very similar to the blue Pro-Line above.

I own 2 like those in the bottom pick. super gummy PFN. They sit in my yard around the practice basket. I really enjoy them and always tell myself I will add one to my bag, but never do. They are excellent approach putters when the wind is up just enough to doubt my wizards.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,402 Times in 1,316 Posts

If they have been sitting in your yard too long, wont that older plastic get brittle?...

Old 04-26-2018, 11:04 PM

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts

Just got this Spider to replace my old mini proto stamp green one that decided to lake itself after hitting a tree. This one flies even better than the one it replaced
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1877.jpg (110.6 KB, 12 views)

Niced: (2)