Old 02-13-2018, 05:15 PM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
That’s odd. My champ roc flies like a freak beefy DX roc. Very HsS, but straight with a glider hook fade off to the left at the end. It’s overstable for sure, but not drop out of the sky overstable.
Well my Champion Roc isn't stupid OS like a Justice or anything, but even on an anhyzer release it will turn back to the left pretty quickly. That can be useful for certain shots, but it's not really what I was looking for in a midrange when I got it, and given that it's Champion plastic it's not easy for me to beat it to straight either.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2018, 05:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 571 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
Well my Champion Roc isn't stupid OS like a Justice or anything, but even on an anhyzer release it will turn back to the left pretty quickly. That can be useful for certain shots, but it's not really what I was looking for in a midrange when I got it, and given that it's Champion plastic it's not easy for me to beat it to straight either.
What Roc is it? What year/stamp?
Old 02-13-2018, 06:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 15
Niced 141 Times in 107 Posts

Mine is a rings roc, it’s definitely got less glide than a DX or KC, but it’s got glide. It flexes out of an anny but not aggressively. I’d say the overstability is most similar to a Q sentinel, not on the gator end of the spectrum. I’m throwing rocs about 280-300 currently.

Admittedly I don’t throw the champ that often. I’ll throw a fresh DX for a left finish most of the time, BUT on those lines where I need straight for 220-240’ then breaking left hard, or throwing a hard high line hyzer that is gonna hold that hyzer and not budge, the champ roc can’t be beat.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 114 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
FYI - I tried tossing a fresh R3 and a probably 6.5/10 DX Rancho in the dryer for an hour. My hypothesis was that if I could artificially knock a significant amount of stability of either of these, I would be satisfied in my quest for a roc that beats into the magic sweet spot quicker.

They came out somewhat scuffed, and it would seem that the R3 in particular had some areas around the rim that had been bonked the requisite amount to bend the PLH down slightly, which is what I was looking for.

Anyway, I took them out to the course and...
no apparent change in flight path. Straight to fade, like a slower, brand new Z buzz essentially. Not anywhere close to the flip up to forward fade I wanted.

I picked up a 171 gram rancho on a whim this weekend, which if I decide to go down the path of a cycle will be a welcome addition. I may also have to try a DX VRoc sometime as it sounds like a pretty legit mold. For now, however, I think I'll skip the rocs and roll with comets plus an overstable bookend.

Try a Shark 3, No dome like a Shark but is more like a beadless low dome to flat ROC in shape. It flies like a more Overstable Buzz but not a true OS Buzz. Only flaw, the Shark 3 only comes in Champion still.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 02-14-2018 at 02:56 AM.