Old 11-03-2018, 04:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 52 Times in 36 Posts

I like the Lems Primal 2, lightweight flexible wide toe box zero drop.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-04-2018, 01:23 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 42 Times in 35 Posts

My vote goes for Adidas Barricades (Fours were the best followed by the Seven) when I'm playing flat and open courses, MOABs when I'm playing everything else.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:22 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 451 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
My vote goes for Adidas Barricades (Fours were the best followed by the Seven) when I'm playing flat and open courses, MOABs when I'm playing everything else.
Which MOAB model? they make a trail running shoe the MOAB FKT or speed demon some name like that as it keeps changing with each model of MOAB trail running shoe, MOAB low hiker, and MOAB high top hiking shoe, not to mention all those models in gore-tex as well.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:20 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 42 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Which MOAB model? they make a trail running shoe the MOAB FKT or speed demon some name like that as it keeps changing with each model of MOAB trail running shoe, MOAB low hiker, and MOAB high top hiking shoe, not to mention all those models in gore-tex as well.
The one most comfortable to me at the time I'm trying them all on.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 133 Times in 78 Posts

The best shoes I have found for disc golf have been waterproof trail running shoes with vibram soles. They have the mix of lightness and grip that I need. It seems like the twisting and turning on concrete tees are a death sentence for any shoe so I just wear the one that is the most comfortable. I prefer Salomon, Innov8, and Altra right now.

Also, I prefer waterproof as I play a lot of morning rounds and it protects me from dew and small puddles that I would step in. The trail running shoes are all around 10 OZ so the extra weight is negligible and the breathability of trail shoes is great.

I can generally get close to 75-100 rounds on them, which equates to roughly 300 miles depending on which courses I play. That is a number where you start to see breakdown in cushioning so you should be replacing your shoes anyway. I see a lot of people complaining about shoes not lasting a year or longer. Think about how often you play, and think about how many miles you are walking. Would you expect a tennis sneaker to last 1000 miles and still perform well?

Last edited by JeCroisQue; 11-06-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 20
Niced 96 Times in 66 Posts

Xeroshoes has a 5,000 mile warranty on their outsoles......just saying
Old 11-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 548 Times in 404 Posts

I have been reconsidering everything I though I knew about DG shoes. Tried Keen, initially they we're great wasn't impressed with the durability of waterproofing. Tried Merrell next and was most Impressed with the quality of the outsole and the confidence that it gave me across all terrain, again not impressed with the durability at all, even less so than the keen. I need to try some more I guess and I don't care I'd they only last a year but they need to last the whole year at least.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I have been reconsidering everything I though I knew about DG shoes. Tried Keen, initially they we're great wasn't impressed with the durability of waterproofing. Tried Merrell next and was most Impressed with the quality of the outsole and the confidence that it gave me across all terrain, again not impressed with the durability at all, even less so than the keen. I need to try some more I guess and I don't care I'd they only last a year but they need to last the whole year at least.
Ever try some of the Baseball turf shoes? Some of those are built for throwing motions with feet that are similar to what disc golf players use and they do not have the cleats or metal cleats that regular baseball shoes have. Just stay away from the lowest price Turf shoes unless it is just a sale model as the lowes price ones will just be not as durable from some that are in the low end but not the lowest end.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Try some of the Merrell but make sure they are the low cut hikers, they fit the best for those who wear out most other brands early. The Trail Running shoes from Merell most are not that durable for trail running even, they blow out early due to howthe upper is made on most of those shoes.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-09-2018 at 12:05 AM.