Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 189 Times in 120 Posts

Maybe the Rufus is a Carlton without the side pockets and in one single color?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2018, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 516 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
It sounded like they were trying to hit the $250 production bag and $300 custom bag price point.

$250 for a Carlton sounds real nice.
Yeah I feel like they really missed the mark on this one. At that price point I'm not really interested at all - and this was not long after having plans to order a custom
Old 11-09-2018, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 194
Niced 274 Times in 148 Posts

Keeping my fingers crossed for a pound bag similar to a UPD Pinch
Old 11-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 523 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
$349 is for the Custom Carlton. . but sure, the Octo is only $50 more and it have the Insert included

The Rufus for under $199 sounds interesting
Yeah, kind of surprised to hear that the Carlton is about as much as an Octo. I was thinking it would be more like $250 stock or $300 for the custom. At $350 for the custom, they really aren't opening up any new parts of the market.

BUT, they do sell out of everything, so I guess they can set price points however they please.

Rufus under $199 is certainly going to make a Pound bag viable for more folks.
I wonder if that will be in the 8-10 disc range? Maybe similar to the UPD Focus? Those are neat little packs.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 307 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Yeah, kind of surprised to hear that the Carlton is about as much as an Octo. I was thinking it would be more like $250 stock or $300 for the custom. At $350 for the custom, they really aren't opening up any new parts of the market.

BUT, they do sell out of everything, so I guess they can set price points however they please.

Rufus under $199 is certainly going to make a Pound bag viable for more folks.
I wonder if that will be in the 8-10 disc range? Maybe similar to the UPD Focus? Those are neat little packs.
The focus is a laughable design in form and function in relation to Levi's proven bag design with mystery ranch and Pound. It really is horrible unfortunately, with all due respect

But I would love to see a 10-13 sized bag similar to c series but with Levi's ingenuity and style.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:12 PM

Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
The focus is a laughable design in form and function in relation to Levi's proven bag design with mystery ranch and Pound. It really is horrible unfortunately, with all due respect

But I would love to see a 10-13 sized bag similar to c series but with Levi's ingenuity and style.
That's what I'm hoping for as well.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post

Heh, I'm not sure I'd agree with "horrible". The Focus is in an entirely different category for sure, and I wouldn't want one as my primary bag. But for fun rounds, bagging little park 9-holers and the like, Focus would be a nice change of pace every once in a while.

I think Levi is running out of options to go much smaller while remaining in the "flight plate perpendicular to back" storage style. C-series really pushes that concept to the limit. You can achieve such a lower profile when you start orienting the flight plates parallel to the carrier's back; I'd like to see what he could do with that style. Just my 2 cents, obviously.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-13-2018, 02:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 194
Niced 274 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Heh, I'm not sure I'd agree with "horrible". The Focus is in an entirely different category for sure, and I wouldn't want one as my primary bag. But for fun rounds, bagging little park 9-holers and the like, Focus would be a nice change of pace every once in a while.
Bingo. Not every course requires a full repertoire of assorted molds, not every player has the ability or the desire to carry over a dozen discs. They're far from horrible when you're on the second or third course of the day, humping it up and down hilly terrain.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-13-2018, 03:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 307 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:

I think Levi is running out of options to go much smaller while remaining in the "flight plate perpendicular to back" storage style. C-series really pushes that concept to the limit. You can achieve such a lower profile when you start orienting the flight plates parallel to the carrier's back; I'd like to see what he could do with that style. Just my 2 cents, obviously.
You lose all your storage capability and drink capability. The focus is ok when you're at a teepad with signs and peg hooks to hang it from. Every other consequent throw, or if a course doesn't have the aforementioned amenities, your laying your bag down in the dirt/mud/ground/wet etc either backside down which would in turn dirty you and your shirt or disc side down still laying your entire bag on the ground, I mean you want to get into what happens to the camelback situation when it's laying on the ground?. Itd be ok if you were using it as a caddy for someone else or if you were able to play with it on your back but that doesn't work neither. It's sold out, and I suspect it to never return again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
Bingo. Not every course requires a full repertoire of assorted molds, not every player has the ability or the desire to carry over a dozen discs. They're far from horrible when you're on the second or third course of the day, humping it up and down hilly terrain.
There's a plethora of better. I'm just saying The design is terrible for the intended use. Anyway I'm not sure who made the upd reference here, but I have to step in and speak up

Last edited by @iDiscGolf; 11-13-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Jeez, sounds like somebody has had a bad experience with the Focus
I'll take the blame; I initially mentioned the Focus as an example of a smaller capacity pack. Not the end-all-be-all, but something that is fairly ergonomic and breaks the paradigm of single shoulder strap (e.g. Fade Crunchbox).

The point about storage is spot on. For drink capacity, my buddy had his rigged up with a 1L hydration pouch and it seemed to work well. As far as setting the bag down in the mud, I mean I face the same issues with my Octo where the terrain is steep enough. (Addressed that earlier in this thread.)