Old 11-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 33
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Booter is right. DGV had these for sale last year and listed them as Special Blend. I have owned a few, and they were both marked "STB". I have an early run SB Roc that is nearly the same plastic as these TB are. It doesn't matter what any of the rest of you think, these TB are Special Blend plastic. Period.

I got your back, Rick!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 327
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 260 Times in 133 Posts

so who has one they want to sell me?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 39
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Booter is right. DGV had these for sale last year and listed them as Special Blend. I have owned a few, and they were both marked "STB". I have an early run SB Roc that is nearly the same plastic as these TB are. It doesn't matter what any of the rest of you think, these TB are Special Blend plastic. Period.

I got your back, Rick!
I think we are saying the same thing here. The teebird that I got in 2005 was marked the same, Innova is trying to say that special blend became star plastic. However, the teebird that I got in 05 is definitely a different plastic than the current star discs that I have. Clear as mud?

"Star Plastic is Special Blend Plastic. When we were experimenting we discovered this awesome new plastic formula, and the first "test runs" made with this plastic type were known as Special Blend. Special Blend Plastic retained some of the most ideal characteristics desired in Golf Discs and eventually became known as Star Plastic when it joined our production line-up. Check out the Plastic Types Overview for more information about our current line of plastics. "-Innova

This is from the Innova website, so officially they are saying they are one and the same, but I am agreeing that the special blend are not the same. S-TB is the marking for a star teebird, though.

The question is, how did the kcpro get made with the special blend plastic if it was made waaaaaaaaaay before the special blend came out?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 226 Times in 141 Posts

..thx todd!! I thought i was talking to a wall

Last edited by booter; 11-16-2011 at 08:49 AM.