#461  
Old 10-23-2019, 01:11 PM
Chains Bailey Chains Bailey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 106
Niced 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
the post that I quoted was the "The example is hypothetical but all to real at times." but thanks for trying
I, honestly, had no idea how to interpret:

Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
a big ol bunch of LOL
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 10-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Chains Bailey Chains Bailey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 106
Niced 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
How much FIFA makes globally off of men or women is irrelevant. Do you know how much of the prize pool the US men collected? $0 That's right, they didn't even qualify.
How much they make off men and women is directly related to the amount each team receives. The numbers reflect World Cups and % of $ each team earns in regard to the overall number.

The fact that the USNMT team did not qualify is irrelevant. If they did qualify they still would of only received 9% of the total, while the USWNT received 14% of their total.

Not sure why this simple math is so overwhelming. My guess is that posters are blinded by their "Want" of some discrepancy that favors the men - it just is not there in any shape or form.

So, you have it completely backwards.
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 10-23-2019, 01:36 PM
robdeforge robdeforge is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 372
Niced 161 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
I, honestly, had no idea how to interpret:

Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
a big ol bunch of LOL
you could have asked

if you click the little green >, it will take you to the quoted post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
they still would of
lol
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 10-23-2019, 05:07 PM
DG_player DG_player is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 556
Niced 160 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
How much they make off men and women is directly related to the amount each team receives. The numbers reflect World Cups and % of $ each team earns in regard to the overall number.

The fact that the USNMT team did not qualify is irrelevant. If they did qualify they still would of only received 9% of the total, while the USWNT received 14% of their total.

Not sure why this simple math is so overwhelming. My guess is that posters are blinded by their "Want" of some discrepancy that favors the men - it just is not there in any shape or form.

So, you have it completely backwards.
What are you even talking about, 14% and 9% of what?
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 10-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Chains Bailey Chains Bailey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 106
Niced 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
What are you even talking about, 14% and 9% of what?
You would have to have read the thread to understand. It has been referenced multiple times.

I type too much as it is, so I am trying to not retype, restate or rehash too much. I am getting blocked by other posters for typing essays and my feelings have been irrevocably damaged.
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 10-24-2019, 02:14 PM
Chains Bailey Chains Bailey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 106
Niced 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
you could have asked

if you click the little green >, it will take you to the quoted post



lol
Ok - now you are just toying with me. Well played.

I now understand how the "little green >" works - Thanks.

I shall concede defeat on my prowess of navigating DGCR with any real competency.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 10-24-2019, 03:50 PM
DG_player DG_player is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 556
Niced 160 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
You would have to have read the thread to understand. It has been referenced multiple times.

I type too much as it is, so I am trying to not retype, restate or rehash too much. I am getting blocked by other posters for typing essays and my feelings have been irrevocably damaged.
I did, and I can't figure it out, that's why I asked.

I can't figure out if you're referring to the percentage that FIFA pays out in prize pool vs. their revenues

OR

If you're referring to your prior incorrect BS figures about how much male/female players are paid vs the revenue they generate.
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 10-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Chains Bailey Chains Bailey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 106
Niced 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
I did, and I can't figure it out, that's why I asked.

I can't figure out if you're referring to the percentage that FIFA pays out in prize pool vs. their revenues

OR

If you're referring to your prior incorrect BS figures about how much male/female players are paid vs the revenue they generate.
I have presented no "BS" figures at all. The numbers of % players make verse what they generate are reality. You want to change the numbers to 8% and 12%, be my guest, they still produce the same results mathematically. There has become some parity in some aspects of the revenue numbers while others remain high on one side and low on the other.

The direct fallacy I was addressing is that the USWNT is demanding EQUAL pay as the USMNT because they are being paid less and this would RAISE their pay overall. This statement has been echoed by people who are simply misinformed or choose to be willfully ignorant of the facts to suit their narrative.

The reality is if the USWNT was paid EQUALLY to the USMNT proportional to revenue they would be getting LESS money.

The numbers show this to be true when looking at the overall money generated by each team. The USWNT would get a lower % of the already lower revenue generated.

If you break it down further, there really is no argument to be made at all, since each team is treated as a separate entity and negotiates their own unique CBAs.

Last edited by Chains Bailey; 10-24-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 10-26-2019, 12:29 AM
DG_player DG_player is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 556
Niced 160 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
I have presented no "BS" figures at all. The numbers of % players make verse what they generate are reality. You want to change the numbers to 8% and 12%, be my guest, they still produce the same results mathematically. There has become some parity in some aspects of the revenue numbers while others remain high on one side and low on the other.

The direct fallacy I was addressing is that the USWNT is demanding EQUAL pay as the USMNT because they are being paid less and this would RAISE their pay overall. This statement has been echoed by people who are simply misinformed or choose to be willfully ignorant of the facts to suit their narrative.

The reality is if the USWNT was paid EQUALLY to the USMNT proportional to revenue they would be getting LESS money.

The numbers show this to be true when looking at the overall money generated by each team. The USWNT would get a lower % of the already lower revenue generated.

If you break it down further, there really is no argument to be made at all, since each team is treated as a separate entity and negotiates their own unique CBAs.
Show the #s, quite quoting some random factoid you claim is reality.

Women's ticket sales are higher, sponsorships while packaged together are probably being driven more by the womens side. (All you have to do is look at sponsor marketing and see who they show to figure this out) The only thing the men could potentially beat the women at are prize pool winnings, if they actually could win a little, or uhhh qualify.

So please explain how or where the men are generating more revenue for U.S. Soccer.
Reply With Quote
 

  #470  
Old 10-26-2019, 12:56 AM
DiscgolfStu's Avatar
DiscgolfStu DiscgolfStu is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The No Sco
Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 293
Niced 120 Times in 32 Posts
Default

For someone who hates SJW's, Chains Bailey sure does fight like a warrior to bring about justice to the social issues that men face as a result of inherant systemic female oppression towards them!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jomez Productions Flick Maniac Tournaments & Leagues 404 11-09-2019 01:38 AM
Jomez Appreciation Thread Titan037 General Disc Golf Chat 5 08-19-2019 04:03 PM
Jomez tour turbosteve General Disc Golf Chat 83 12-05-2018 05:42 PM
Tensor, Sabertooth, DX Jomez Teebird youdidwell The Marketplace 1 08-23-2018 10:00 PM
Why Do You Like Jomez? Zanguini General Disc Golf Chat 73 06-03-2018 08:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.