Old 09-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

To get my order above the free shipping limit, I added a 146g DX Polecat to it, figuring it will be a backup for the first one, or I can practice with it, etc. When I opened the box, I was shocked, and very disappointed, how domey it was... HUGE dome. It did not feel good at all in my hands. My first Polecat has a very (very) mild dome, not flat but not as frickin' round as the second one.

On the course, the domey Polecat performed poorly. It was very flippy, going right (RHBH) on even no-power throws. No problem hyzer-flipping it, fer sure.

I'm giving it the hot water treatment now, and I hope that'll help.

TL;DR: are Polecats supposed to be that domey?!?!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 51
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts

I came across a flat top pole cat and wasn't sure if it was supposed to be good or not. I've only been throwing pole cats for about 5 months now - I have a recent run 175 DX that has a rounded shoulder. Every PC I've seen has that same rounded shoulder, expect for this one I found that is flat across the entire top, it was 175 DX with flight numbers. I didn't pick it up, but I'm wondering how rare and sought after PCs are like that, and if they fly differently. thanks for any input...
Old 09-26-2017, 05:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 156 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJack View Post
I came across a flat top pole cat and wasn't sure if it was supposed to be good or not. I've only been throwing pole cats for about 5 months now - I have a recent run 175 DX that has a rounded shoulder. Every PC I've seen has that same rounded shoulder, expect for this one I found that is flat across the entire top, it was 175 DX with flight numbers. I didn't pick it up, but I'm wondering how rare and sought after PCs are like that, and if they fly differently. thanks for any input...
Basically nobody likes polecats except us: it's rare to see in someone's bag, that's about it.

Most polecats I've thrown either have a slight dome with a rounded shoulder or are flat with a rounded corner where the side meets the top.

So no, not supposed to be domed up either.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-27-2017, 08:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 67
Niced 690 Times in 335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJack View Post
I've had my R-Pro Polecat for about a year now, it's the only PC I have. It is very flat and flies like a dream.

I've been looking (not intensely) for another one in case I lose this one. I only putt with it so that reduces the probability of losing it.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Basically nobody likes polecats except us: it's rare to see in someone's bag, that's about it.

Most polecats I've thrown either have a slight dome with a rounded shoulder or are flat with a rounded corner where the side meets the top.

So no, not supposed to be domed up either.
My first Polecat has a slightly rounded shoulder and a little bit of dome. Feels fine in my hand.

I worked over the second Polecat last night. Bent it backward (pushing down on the middle while pulling up on the rim, which helped. Put very hot water I. If and put some weights (books) on it. Then I put it on the counter top-up and put a full bottle of Grey Goose vodka in the middle, and left that overnight. Didn't get a chance to throw it today, but it's not as domey as it was yesterday. We'll see how it throws...
Old 09-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 83
Niced 328 Times in 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
... Feels fine in my hand.

I worked over the second Polecat last night....
Couldn't resist.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 185
Niced 204 Times in 106 Posts

Polecat ace from last Saturday. Quick elevation drop, really short hole, and moderate dogleg right. Polecat skimmed the trees on the inside dogleg and found sound chains. Bryant Lake (MN) Hole 13.

First picture is obviously showing off the disc and basket. I was proud of this ace because this hole has been an absolute mystery to me. I can birdie the previous two to three holes, and usually am in putting position to birdie the next hole, but this really short hole often confounds me and can destroy any momentum I have built. It was nice to finally tame it. This is at the bottom and you can see how open it is behind the basket, so if you cruise past, plan on getting par.

Second picture is looking back up the hill. The tee is on the same line as that skinny, crooked tree just to the right of the basket. Not an easy dogleg to the right off the tree. I do not have a touch forehand shot, so I often blast beyond this basket. This time I just floated a backhand with my Champion Polecat, and it did exactly what I wanted.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
Couldn't resist.
May your discs live in interesting times.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,447 Times in 603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Polecat ace from last Saturday. Quick elevation drop, really short hole, and moderate dogleg right. Polecat skimmed the trees on the inside dogleg and found sound chains. Bryant Lake (MN) Hole 13.

First picture is obviously showing off the disc and basket. I was proud of this ace because this hole has been an absolute mystery to me. I can birdie the previous two to three holes, and usually am in putting position to birdie the next hole, but this really short hole often confounds me and can destroy any momentum I have built. It was nice to finally tame it. This is at the bottom and you can see how open it is behind the basket, so if you cruise past, plan on getting par.

Second picture is looking back up the hill. The tee is on the same line as that skinny, crooked tree just to the right of the basket. Not an easy dogleg to the right off the tree. I do not have a touch forehand shot, so I often blast beyond this basket. This time I just floated a backhand with my Champion Polecat, and it did exactly what I wanted.

Nice. I have a lot of kitty throw ins, but no ace.

Did they put new baskets in at Bryant? Haven't been in a couple years.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 199
Niced 971 Times in 609 Posts

Looks like a champ. Have you beat it up much? I have a red one but it's pretty "beefy" as far as polecat's go. Great for full power polecat drives, but not so much for turnovers...