Old 06-13-2022, 04:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 286 Times in 125 Posts
Default Almost quit today

So I posted in a few other threads about me thinking I lost my MF Roc3 the other day by not picking it up even though I remember vaguely grabbing it not to mention I went back an hour later and it was nowhere to be found on the hole I threw it on.

Well, it turns out I actually had a lot of discs stolen out of my bag at some point while I played a round last week.

I don't know how but I noticed today that not only was my MF Roc3 missing which I thought I just didn't pick up which is very unlike me considering I have pretty bad OCD and will literally count all my discs in my head after each hole.

Basically I noticed today that not only was my Roc3 gone, but so was my RFF Wizard (that one hurts bad too as it is my absolute favorite putter/mold from Gateway), a PFN Innova Coyote which I didn't throw at all that day, my brand new Star Rancho Roc (another disc I didn't throw at all that day) as well as a Champion Teebird.

Here's where I think someone pilfered my bag: I threw a really bad shot into the woods off the tee and left my bag behind on the teepad. I was 300 feet down the fairway and at least 15 feet into the woods for a solid 30 minutes of searching completely oblivious that my bag was sitting unguarded that whole entire time. There was a lot of non-disc golfers on the course that day cooling off in the river and there was a group of kids that had been basically following me that entire time (not sure if they were DGers or what).

Anyways, I know it's just plastic but anytime something gets stolen from you it's never a good feeling and that basically stuck with me my entire round today which affected my gameplay pretty badly as I was only thinking about how I'm probably never going to replace my RFF Wizard as they are extremely hard to come by and when they do pop up on eBay they get bought in a heartbeat.

So if anyone happens to have an extra RFF Wizard they don't mind parting with, I'll pay a little extra as it's pretty much the only soft Wizard I like using (yes I've tried the SSSS and it's just not the same).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2022, 04:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,891 Times in 960 Posts

This is why I don’t leave my keys or wallet in my bag.

Of course, I also wouldn’t leave my bag unattended near a tee pad while I was a hundred yards away in the woods for a half hour but that’s just me.

I do sympathize for you just the same.

Old 06-13-2022, 04:36 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
This is why I don’t leave my keys or wallet in my bag.

Of course, I also wouldn’t leave my bag unattended near a tee pad while I was a hundred yards away in the woods for a half hour but that’s just me.

I do sympathize for you just the same.
Lapse of judgement on my part.

I pulled a classic throw a long, but bad shot and immediately go running off the teepad to chase it down and make sure I see where it lands completely forgetting that my bag is sitting at the teepad unattended

Tbh, this could've been avoided on my part but I dunno, I just really hope that it was some stupid punk kids who just saw a stupid opportunity and took it and not actual disc golfers because at the end of the day, we are suppose to be a community that helps each other out.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-13-2022, 04:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 283
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 494 Times in 202 Posts

Ouch. That sucks. Sorry, can't help with either of those molds.

But thanks for the story of caution.

Kids. Dammit.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-13-2022, 04:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 481
Niced 920 Times in 326 Posts

What did that have to do with quitting? Frustrating? Yes. Reason to quit? No way.

Last edited by DiscGolfCraig; 06-13-2022 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:55 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post
Ouch. That sucks. Sorry, can't help with either of those molds.

But thanks for the story of caution.

Kids. Dammit.
When I acquired my RFF Wizard years ago, I lost out on two bids in a row for one due to bid snipers literally waiting until the last 0.5 seconds of the auction to outbid me.

So again, highly doubt I will ever throw one of those again which absolutely sucks but I guess I'll just use my Lunar Wizard again as those things are a slightly stiffer version of the RFF Wizard.

Side note and not really related but I was actually kind of pissed at Gateway for re-releasing the Lunar molds as I paid like $30+ for one and then a week later Gateway decided to make them again Maybe they'll do the same with RFF plastic eventually.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 126
Niced 1,520 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
What did that have to do with quitting? Frustrating? Yes. Reason to quit? No way.
Click bait?

Niced: (2)
Old 06-13-2022, 05:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 557
Niced 455 Times in 143 Posts

I once had an ace disc stolen from the fairway, while looking for someone else's errant drive. That made me sad as well.

I like to think I learned something, as now I always make sure my stuff is within reach these days.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:16 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
Eh, it's a figure of speech lol.

And yes it was definitely frustrating but at the end of the day, it's plastic and I'm sure at some point replacements will pop up.

This has definitely taught me two lessons:

1. Don't EVER leave your bag unguarded unless you are the only person on the course.

and 2. Remove every single OOP disc out of my bag because at the end of the day, it's just not worth losing them.. or at least throw them on big open bomber courses only so there's only a slightly less chance I won't walk right past it due to being an airhead sometimes.

Old 06-13-2022, 05:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 131
Niced 1,028 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanMoriarty View Post
1. Don't EVER leave your bag unguarded unless you are the only person on the course.
FIFY

Niced: (3)