Old 10-22-2015, 03:29 PM

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Beato Drill Check

Finally getting around to taking some time off to fix my form..... I was hoping that someone can tell me if I am doing something wrong (which I am sure that I am) so I don't create brand new bad habits that I will just have to break later. Any Insight would be a huge help. Thanks!

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...TRTd0F5MllCcVk
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2015, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,822 Times in 1,732 Posts

youtube
Old 10-22-2015, 04:39 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can't even get the forum right.....

Haha sorry I'm new to this.

Here is the link to the Youtube clip: https://youtu.be/VnY9N9Uz5vQ

Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

1. Grip and disc alignment to the forearm/nose down should be like pic 1. You are gripping and releasing the disc nose up like pic two. Your hand finishes lower so the planes don't match and you get a nice air bounce that lifts it from its downward trajectory majorly slowing the disc down.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/r...ttoripit.shtml

2. Stance. Your feet are perpendicular to each other instead of more neutrally mirrored to load your hips with internal rotation(power of posture). Your rear foot is setup too backward and your rear knee goes past your ankle, so it's not staying braced inside to turn your hip internally. Then your rear foot spins out on the way forward, your rear heel spins behind the toes(move part 1). The rear heel should move forward when it leaves the ground, so your weight is moving forward. You also turn your front foot forward when you plant opening your hip and causing more spin out(move part 2).

Old 10-22-2015, 05:40 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow.... Lots of work to do.... Thanks so much!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:42 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok so forgive my ignorance here but I have a few (stupid) questions to bother you with...

1) Internal rotation is rotating your hips between your feet when firmly planted on the ground? I feel like I am getting up over my front foot and spinning my whole body and it even feels wrong.
2) That is rear knee past front ankle you're speaking about? I think it's self explanatory but just want to err on the side of caution.
3) Closed shoulder = shoulder turned away from target? And a closed hip would be hip turned away from target but without changing your footing so to speak?

I'm just trying to catch up with the terminology. "The Move" videos are a little hard to follow with the camera man constantly interrupting so I'm sure I missed the point somewhere in there. Your video however was great and I realized that I actually met you earlier this year! Small world haha!

Last edited by JDYingling0825; 10-23-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDYingling0825 View Post
Ok so forgive my ignorance here but I have a few (stupid) questions to bother you with...

1) Internal rotation is rotating your hips between your feet when firmly planted on the ground? I feel like I am getting up over my front foot and spinning my whole body and it even feels wrong.
2) That is rear knee past front ankle you're speaking about? I think it's self explanatory but just want to err on the side of caution.
3) Closed shoulder = shoulder turned away from target? And a closed hip would be hip turned away from target but without changing your footing so to speak?

I'm just trying to catch up with the terminology. "The Move" videos are a little hard to follow with the camera man constantly interrupting so I'm sure I missed the point somewhere in there. Your video however was great and I realized that I actually met you earlier this year! Small world haha!
1. Rotation of the femur(hip) into the pelvis. Your femurs are independent of each other and is what creates rotation of the pelvis/trunk. Femur(hip) rotation occurs when you just extend/squat/sit/stand straight up/down even though the pelvis doesn't turn, so your femurs are rotating when the legs extend or fold. During the transition from backswing your rear hip goes into internal rotation/squats/lowers, then external/push to initiate the forward swing by moving the pelvis/weight/center forward and the front hip goes into internal hip rotation as it braces and the pelvis turns into it/clearing, then the front leg extending will "open" the hip and alleviate the torque and then the front foot pivoting.

2. Yes, rear knee further back from rear ankle. Similar to the right pic, the knee needs to make a positive move as does the ankle/heel from the instep.

3. For the most part yes, but footing depends. For a standstill I recommend setting up like I show in power of posture...feet about shoulder width apart, neutral foot turn(lift your leg and let it hang, that is neutral), and line the rear toes in line to the front heel.

I thought I recognized your name, but can't see your face in the vid and you haven't marked Creeping Creek as played. I might play the redone Kinder course soon. Here is the move with the cameraman edited out and what the rear foot should be doing with the heel leading, your heel goes the opposite direction when it leaves the ground:

Old 10-23-2015, 07:03 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks again! I don't know what drives you to be so helpful with this stuff but let me tell you, the world of disc golf owes you a debt of gratitude! Hit me up whenever you make it out to Kinder! We have done a ton of work out there ( mostly Steve Hawkes really ) and are very proud to show it off! Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Disc Mafia Member

Years Playing: 32.6
Courses Played: 258
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Not that you need help from anyone else, but in your video it looks like you are throwing across your neck instead of your chest. That is something that is hard to stop doing, but you are losing power from throwing that high and it is harder to control direction from up there. It takes more dramatic body angling to throw hazers and anhyzers from up there. I'm sure sidewinder22 can comment more about this.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:40 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Many thanks!

Did a lot of work this weekend and after watching your vids and reading the remarks a billion times I can finally say I can "feel" what I am (supposed to be) doing. I have a ton of work to do but the hip rotation and bracing concepts are so much more clear. I can tell the most from using the towel drill while really trying to crush the $ out of "the can" and bracing hard behind my right foot without turning until after the pop. Is it OK for my left knee to sort of be on a path that is behind my right knee? I don't think it ever actually gets there but it makes me feel more "linear" and I get a good pop from the sudden whip effect. Hope I'm not developing yet another bad habit.... Pulling through lower does seem like it helps me to not strong arm so bad as well so thanks for that tip too BTW