Old 03-11-2017, 03:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 379
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 112 Times in 59 Posts

From the gist of another thread, it seems that Mach X baskets would reduce Ricky to an incoherent, sobbing mess.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
No problem. Wims just said that just about every single European had no problem understanding English. Which of course, is quite false.
Yep, he's wrong. But maybe he meant it as most Europeans know what "two" and "three" are, similar to how a lot of Americans know "dos" and "tres" but wouldn't say they understand Spanish. I totally get what your point was, just thought it was a little obvious. Sorry for being snarky!
Old 03-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,184 Times in 601 Posts

Maybe you're right. I shouldn't have been snarky, either.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
From the gist of another thread, it seems that Mach X baskets would reduce Ricky to an incoherent, sobbing mess.
lol

hadn't been on for a while. came back to find OP creating awful threads. feels like home again.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
No problem. Wims just said that just about every single European had no problem understanding English. Which of course, is quite false.

Which ones don't? Oh oh, the British? While English isn't universal, it's pretty common, but still not the most used language. I bet the guy spoke Latin.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMeathook View Post
lol

hadn't been on for a while. came back to find OP creating awful threads. feels like home again.
Possibly, but it generated some interesting discussion at least one semi personal verbal attack.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 216 Times in 100 Posts

I think it is bad news for the rest of the field. Ricky had a bad tournament last weekend and only lost by a few strokes. I think an injury or a girl messing with his head may be the only way to stop him. Cannot wait until the next big tournament rolls around. It's shaping up to be another great year of watching the MPO beat up on each other. I think Ricky is the one to beat.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
Darn it. If only Latitude made a basket. Then Ricky could bad mouth Mach Xs to help sales.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by air show View Post
I think it is bad news for the rest of the field. Ricky had a bad tournament last weekend and only lost by a few strokes. I think an injury or a girl messing with his head may be the only way to stop him. Cannot wait until the next big tournament rolls around. It's shaping up to be another great year of watching the MPO beat up on each other. I think Ricky is the one to beat.
Please insert Eagle from AO, or Paul from some tournament last year. I think I'll save for retirement and not gamble all my savings on the Ricky is gonna win everything else bet at this time. Now Simon...

Ricky is great, but apparently the way you beat him is by having a Finnish caddy miss-score him on accident. Psst, Paul. You need to get a Finnish caddy. Trust me on this.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 16 Times in 6 Posts

Just an observation in watching Waco & Memorial and some other earlier 2017 footage.

Ricky is really going away from his forehand, especially off the tee. Other than on obvious forehand friendly holes. Also, seems to have fallen in love with the backhand roller shot off the tee on many a lengthy hole, with predictably erratic results -- wooed by the 1-in-4 600' foot drives that stay IB.

Ricky had the game's best forehand last year.

Early trend but seems possible that we are seeing a bit of what we have seen in ball golf, whereby the "best" (Woods, McElroy, Spieth) seek further improvement in their long games in all cases to the detriment of their overall play.

Now, I understand that Ricky is still right on top (or a whisker away from ) of the leaderboard at these recent events. Still IMO more forehands and less backhand rollers will serve him better