Old 06-20-2017, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 565 Times in 346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonseski View Post
I am getting confused. So MVP has so many high speed discs now. It is making it difficult for me to even choose which ones to TRY. First of all I am not all mvp, I like some of their stuff though. So I picked up 2 traces and they have basically taken over my main distance driver slot. While this was happening I started to notice how much I like the for straight to slight turnover lines. I love how the Catalyst can be thrown so long and hold its elevation for so long. It really bombs. I had tried the Octane and it was a bit much for my arm, I throw around 400 maybe a hair more max d. So I was excited for the mayhem, which should be a tick more stable than the Catalyst. I also wanted to try the Teleport. Now it looks like the Tenacity is actually a tick more stable than the Catalyst? Shows more fade in the specs on infinite, and there is also the relativity? Which looks sort of flippy but maybe a straight BOMBER. Seems almost silly to buy 4 new high speed molds to try out. Thoughts?
Having thrown them all I'd start with the Tenacity. The Mayhem compares more to Octanes than the Catalyst. I throw them pretty far and they're stable enough to be my main distance driver, offering a bit more turn and glide than Octanes but not a drastically different flight overall. They still fade pretty hard at the end. The Tenacity is consistently understable with massive glide.

That being said the wider rimmed drivers (Relativity, Teleport) are surprisingly throwable for their rim width.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 565 Times in 346 Posts

One of these days it'd be fun to do a full bag round at Winthrop. Still haven't gotten around to it.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 588 Times in 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I have found that the 150 class Neutron Craves are the best TeeBird replacement. They fly a bit straighter and about 5 feet farther, but easier to power down than the TeeBird, but handles the wind just as well....well unless you expose the bottom...all light discs are prone to that problem though.
AKA - Stick with the Teebird, got it .

Craves are ok. I like them for some stuff but it would never ever ever REPLACE a teebird
Old 06-21-2017, 08:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,889 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
AKA - Stick with the Teebird, got it .

Craves are ok. I like them for some stuff but it would never ever ever REPLACE a teebird
Id rather throw a teebird than any of mvps speed 7 class.

However, I would rather throw a volt over any other speed 6 and up discs.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Id rather throw a teebird than any of mvps speed 7 class.

However, I would rather throw a volt over any other speed 6 and up discs.
To each his own eh? I carry servo, resistor, and 2 craves. No volts or amps.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlatoani View Post
Do you see a lot of difference between the Servo and the Crave? Worth bagging both molds?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,299 Times in 2,279 Posts

Would be the same kind of thing as baggin an eagle and a TB. Similar discs that fly a slightly different line. Crave is dead straight(or should be unless you get a slightly less HSS one) with a small fade. Servo has a -.5/-1 turn with a bit more fade than a crave. You can cover the shots of the servo by baby flexing a crave. Or if you take 5-10% of a servo you wont see the slight turn and it will fly more like a crave but with more fade.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 06-22-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,889 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlatoani View Post
Thats a lot of extra weight. I could carry one volt and cover all the lines those cover.

But yeah to each their own.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masaki79 View Post
Do you see a lot of difference between the Servo and the Crave? Worth bagging both molds?
The servo is basically a max weight crave for me, I guess. The two craves are lighter, one 150s one 160s. Honestly, I have a hard time with the 150s, but I pull it out for fun sometimes. The 160s is my go-to for straight shots. The servo has more fade at the end. I would be fine with 3 craves instead, but I just don't have a heavy one anymore (my stepson won it from me when he beat me for the first time-it's his go-to disc now!).

The resistor is the odd duck for me. For some reason my heavy proton one I'm using now does not fade nearly as hard as my old neutron, even though they are similar weights. The current flies a LOT like my N servo.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:58 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Thats a lot of extra weight. I could carry one volt and cover all the lines those cover.

But yeah to each their own.
Really? The volt fades a lot harder than a crave, at least for me.
Closed Thread