Old 08-21-2018, 12:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 217 Times in 109 Posts

I cant speak as much for the aviar, but none of the teebird clones quite replicate that magical flight.

As far as them molding their own stuff, I would guess the only way that would be remotely close to possible would be something along the lines of them purchasing the equipment and having their own setup in the warehouse where they arent competing for machine time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
That doesn't stop other companies from making the same exact mold pieces, look at all of the aviar and teebird clones out there
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2018, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
That doesn't stop other companies from making the same exact mold pieces, look at all of the aviar and teebird clones out there
How many tries/years did it take the Trilogy brands to make a Teebird that some people like similarly?

Imagine if a company then started making every disc from new molds simultaneously. I already thought the whole runs thing with DM discs was way more picky than I want to be, I couldn't imagine the situation with pre/post changing all molds and manufacturing location as well.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 209 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
How many tries/years did it take the Trilogy brands to make a Teebird that some people like similarly?

Imagine if a company then started making every disc from new molds simultaneously. I already thought the whole runs thing with DM discs was way more picky than I want to be, I couldn't imagine the situation with pre/post changing all molds and manufacturing location as well.
They could start small, make a new mold. Let's say MD5. Start producing it on their own equipment, but still contract the other discs out to Innova. Once they get the whole process down they can make a new mold with a similar wing to the [name of unpopular mold], but try to fix the issues that make it unpopular. basically step by step build upon their current offering while replacing discs of low popularity with models that work better or just differently and just replace the name. Having worked in production environments for about 5 years now, everything in R&D is a very slow methodical process. Nothing will happen over night, but the long term benefits will be worth it and it will allow them to grow the sport on their own rather than relying on a competitor who has no real motivation to help them out, other than being a filler for production time. Just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
I cant speak as much for the aviar, but none of the teebird clones quite replicate that magical flight.

As far as them molding their own stuff, I would guess the only way that would be remotely close to possible would be something along the lines of them purchasing the equipment and having their own setup in the warehouse where they arent competing for machine time.
From what I have been told, the Lat64 Explorer is dead on.

All told I would just like the chance to purchase a P-Line MD3 anytime that I need a replacement. Instead I will just have to buy several when they become available. Not a terrible alternative, just slightly inconvenient.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamache8 View Post
Im assuming cost is the major reason, but every one of their molds except the fd shares a mold piece with an innova disc and Id be surprised if innova would just allow them to continue using their mold pieces if they(innova) werent the ones producing the discs and making money
I doubt they would ever split. Its a symbiotic relationship and even though we would love more of our beloved DM discs on the shelves Id be willing to bet innova is not hogging production time at all. The p2 sells more units than every avair mold. Its all about demand folks.

As demand for DM continues to increase we will see more stock. Europe already gets runs that we dont because I would imagine there is more demand there per capita.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:57 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 255 Times in 146 Posts

What slot in the bag does an MD3 fill? workhorse or OS? Is it longer as far as mids go? Ala emac truth etc. or more of a true midrange?
Old 09-19-2018, 02:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 689 Times in 374 Posts

Workhorse. A range of angles and ranges that I can make it fly on. And I also bag a glow Md4 to have that extra shunt of fade when I need it.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
What slot in the bag does an MD3 fill? workhorse or OS? Is it longer as far as mids go? Ala emac truth etc. or more of a true midrange?
Workhorse. Not longer than the Buzzz and Roc3, as far as those mids go, but it's competitive with them.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:37 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Just got an Eagle MD3 and it’s money. Touch longer than the Claymores that I currently bag. Feels great in the hand. Does have a slight dome. Seems to hold up to wind better as well.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 96
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Workhorse. Not longer than the Buzzz and Roc3, as far as those mids go, but it's competitive with them.

Ive found the opposite- I can actually put an MD3 quite a bit longer than a Roc3. On a hard throw Im getting fairway driver distance on the MD3, but at the same time its controllable and workable at slower speeds as well.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 23
Niced 209 Times in 135 Posts

Ok, so I got ahold of a P-Line. It is more like DX than Pro plastic. In fact, it has no rubber texture at all. Reminds me of the high impact plastic they use for cheap knife handles. Not very grippy, but I hope that changes with wear. Is this what I should be feeling from a Stiff P-Line plastic?