Old 10-13-2019, 01:06 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 226 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupicka View Post
I know for Worlds this past year having the same crew for MPO1 and FPO1 presented some potential logistical difficulties when FPO had a lightning delay at their course while MPO did not. From that point of view, having separate crews is probably a good idea.
True for World's and Ledgestone, but on the National Tour FPO and MPO aren't playing 25 minutes away from each other like they did at Worlds and 40 minutes like they are at Ledgestone.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2019, 08:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,723 Times in 1,544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
True for World's and Ledgestone, but on the National Tour FPO and MPO aren't playing 25 minutes away from each other like they did at Worlds and 40 minutes like they are at Ledgestone.
Fair point. A lightning delay at most events probably would push everyone back. It would be unlikely that a delay for the FPO wouldn't impact the MPO schedule.

That said, if the PDGA is giving exclusivity for all the NTs to a particular media company, then it would be incumbent on the bidding companies to account for contingencies like delays and travel between courses, and factor it all into their quote. Maybe for something like Ledgestone where the courses are separate and require travel, they could plan to sub-contract one card for the weekend in order to ensure that everything is covered.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 925 Times in 356 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Worlds at Ogden!! I might just have to show up for that. Love that area of the country.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,880 Times in 448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Fair point. A lightning delay at most events probably would push everyone back. It would be unlikely that a delay for the FPO wouldn't impact the MPO schedule.

That said, if the PDGA is giving exclusivity for all the NTs to a particular media company, then it would be incumbent on the bidding companies to account for contingencies like delays and travel between courses, and factor it all into their quote. Maybe for something like Ledgestone where the courses are separate and require travel, they could plan to sub-contract one card for the weekend in order to ensure that everything is covered.
If there actually was a bidding process this year. There wasn’t.

Maybe next year.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-17-2019, 12:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 160
Niced 126 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
The PDGA doesn't assign dates...
Huh? Can you explain what this means Jamie?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,356 Times in 410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
We have had over 30 volunteers come out in the past week to work on Hornet's nest and at least 40 offer to help the day of the event. If anything, it energizes your base. I used to think pro events were worthless, but the videos that I can show parks and invigorating volunteers to really spruce up a few courses a few times a year are two great benefits.
I've gotta say, maybe the best navigation signage I've ever seen at an event. You guys made it really hard to get lost, on a course that is really easy to get lost on if you're not familiar with all of the layouts, etc. Hats off to all the work that was done.

I hope the other park users and the park rangers will come around though, they were probably the rudest I've experienced at any event.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-23-2019, 09:38 PM

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
If there actually was a bidding process this year. There wasn’t.

Maybe next year.
Do you know why there wasn't? I'm surprised they didn't have media teams bid.

This is of course based on the assumption that Jomez pays the PDGA to film events?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,032 Times in 849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcapper View Post
This is of course based on the assumption that Jomez pays the PDGA to film events?
That assumption would not be accurate.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2019, 10:18 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,880 Times in 448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcapper View Post
Do you know why there wasn't? I'm surprised they didn't have media teams bid.

That is a great question. We never got an answer. Officially, nothing has been decided is my understanding. But, unofficially... probably decided. We were told that 2020 is a "transition" year.

In the past the PDGA has paid all the crews. I don't know what is going to happen THIS year for the NT events. So I can't say who is paying who. I do know that the PDGA will have to pay for FPO coverage. But there is NO WAY they should be paying for MPO coverage.

Old 10-24-2019, 09:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 286
Niced 208 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
I've gotta say, maybe the best navigation signage I've ever seen at an event. You guys made it really hard to get lost, on a course that is really easy to get lost on if you're not familiar with all of the layouts, etc. Hats off to all the work that was done.

I hope the other park users and the park rangers will come around though, they were probably the rudest I've experienced at any event.
Thanks, I did the best I could with signage, I know it is an issue. Drives me crazy when people are just wandering around. I printed out, laminated, and mounted like 50 signs...YELLOW, just look up, sheesh.

Re: park staff - that will be resolved by next year. People in the park? Can't fix stupid or mean. Unfortunately the park doesn't border areas where people are used to being civil to each other. There is a lot of new management, I sent videos, so I will do my best to get as many amenities closed as possible AND post signs that say the basketball courts and tennis are closed that day. Tennis players wont enter...but the basketball folks.. it will probably piss them off even more. The signs would be posted where they walk in from the woods, so maybe they will just turn around.

Niced: (3)