Old 08-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 51
Niced 1,593 Times in 294 Posts
Default Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Hey Guys!

I figured I'd start a thread, sorry Paavo for stealing your idea . Anything CCDG related. Questions for me, our round coverage, upcoming tourneys. Tourneys you want us to go film. Pros you want to see an AMA from. Whatever. I'll start it off with a post Worlds update:

So that was a hell of a thing. A ridiculous amount of work (5 18 hour days), but so worth it thanks to all the great feedback we got!

Huge thanks to Maria Montano for hosting Stu and me. We could not have asked for a better host. It was great having her on for commentary too. Local knowledge ftw.

A big thanks to Michael Sung for flying me out. He lives in Maryland, if you guys see him tell him he's awesome for me!

I could not have done this w/o Stu. It would have been physically impossible to edit that much and do commentary. Plus he got some great 2nd cam footage, and single cam on some other cards the first day when I had another volunteer to be my 2nd cam. Not to mention being an awesome travel partner. 3 cheers for Stu!

So stuff we filmed that isn't on Youtube yet:

Round 1 FPO:Maria Montano, Val Jenkins, Melodie Bailey, and Kelsey Wilmerding

Round 1 MPO: Simon Lizotte, Shasta Criss, Bobby Musick, and one other dude I'm forgetting

Round 3 MPO Chase card: Ricky, Avery, Uli, and James Proctor

Round 6 MPO Lead card: McBeth, Ricky, Will, Nikko

FPO Final 9 with Paige, Sarah, Catrina, and Ohn.

I'm going to work on Round 6 lead card next, but not sure when It'll be up. I'l do some editing after work, but I'm a touch burned out/tired right now. I'm out of town this weekend, and filming the Rocky Mountain Disc Golf Championships in Bozeman the weekend after that.

Huge thank you if you joined our Patreon, or made a Paypal donation. It helps so much!

If you guys wouldn't mind hitting up some of our sponsors on social media, and letting them know you appreciate them supporting CCDG I would really appreciate it (Innova, Grains and Chains, and Visionair Disc Golf Dyes) Heck you could even buy stuff from them and tell em CCDG sent ya if you're feeling crazy.

I think that's all I got? If you have any random questions, fire away!

Thanks for watching!

Ian and the rest of the CCDG gang.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Keep up the awesome work!!!
Everyone is enjoying it
We are lucky to have you out there working hard for us so we can watch all this amazing play coverage.
Thank you

Niced: (1)
Old 08-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 46
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

you cats are my go-to for DG viewing, thanks for your hard work and great product.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:34 PM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Watching tournament coverage without commentary bores me. I am so appreciative that you pump out high quality video WITH COMMENTARY shortly after each round. It's a delight to watch and experience. Thank you!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:51 PM

Courses Played: 59
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

THANK YOU CCDG!!!!!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

Nothing but props for CCDG! It was cool to hear you guys even on one of the lcgm8 tourney videos this year.

Alright, so questions, eh? Well, when are parts 2 and 3 of the Meet the Pros Skins Match coming out?

Also, what's the background on the Battle of the Eras, how did that come to happen? Who's on first, I mean, going to be on the next AMA and any clue as to when that might be?
Old 08-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 7
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

You guys do the BEST job of ANYONE at disc golf coverage! Keep up the good work, and thank you so much!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 51
Niced 1,593 Times in 294 Posts

Thanks so much guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamtheMan View Post
Nothing but props for CCDG! It was cool to hear you guys even on one of the lcgm8 tourney videos this year.

Alright, so questions, eh? Well, when are parts 2 and 3 of the Meet the Pros Skins Match coming out?

Also, what's the background on the Battle of the Eras, how did that come to happen? Who's on first, I mean, going to be on the next AMA and any clue as to when that might be?
Thanks! I love doing stuff for Juha. Been doing commentary for a while for him. He's the godfather of DG on youtube in my opinion, and still puts out the best stuff. His editing and filming are 2nd to none.

Meet the skins I'll post up soon (this week?). They're actually ready to go, was just busy with Worlds.

Battle of the Eras was all Paul and Nate. Paul hit me up on FB and asked if I'd be down to film and do live commentary on it. I said yes immediately and we worked out the details after that. Doing live commentary took a minute to get used to. I talked to Nate on Saturday and he said he gets comments all the time from people on those vids. He loved the feedback from everyone.

I've been talking to Paul and Nate about the next one (slightly different format). Thinking it'll happen around Masters Cup next year? Their idea is gold for the next one.

We filmed an AMA with Barsby at Worlds, but he wasn't super happy with how it came out, so I probably won't post it. I tried to do one with Will but timing didn't work out at Worlds. Still have the questions ready though so I'll try next time I see him, or maybe see if The Disc Eye wants to do it with him instead.

I talked to Uli about doing one, and he was down, so that'll happen the next time I see him. That dude is so nice/funny btw! Guessing Masters Cup, or the Memorial timing wise for that one?
Old 08-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 123
Niced 241 Times in 94 Posts

I think you guys are great. I’m looking forward to seeing you out covering the RMDGC as I will be there and Bohart deserves to get coverage. What a beautiful course.

My question is this: You will be covering me as I play intermediate, right?

Has MJ done an AMA? I would love to see that. I know you might not cross paths with him very often.

Oh and if you can get Paul do a video round with discs like grooves and wolves and other shunned Innova discs, that would be cool.

Last edited by Darkgreen; 08-10-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Keep up the good work! It's awesome your able to make it to most all the NTs.

Also I suggest a drinking game for anyone who hasn't watched the footage. Every time Ian says Stu you gotta drink (allot)! GL

(Btw, that round 5 video coverage was so much sharper... )