Old 03-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,276 Times in 308 Posts

I just don't get the wobble on static shots. Action shots, sure, things are moving, the camera has to move around to keep things framed. I get it. But when the player and the basket are all framed up nicely in the shot and everything that happens is going to happen within that frame and the camera will not need to move for some time, for the love of god, just rest the monopod on the mother-lovin' ground.

And yeah, a little less zoom would be nice. Give us some wides. It's not the end of the universe if we can't read the stamp on the disc.

edit: AND STOP SHOOTING PUTTS HEAD-ON OR DIRECTLY FROM BEHIND. THE TELEPHOTO LENS SMASHES THE PERCEIVED DISTANCE AND ROBS THE VIEWER OF ANY SENSE OF DEPTH. SHOOT THEM AT NINETY DEGREES. HHGKSHJKLH JKFGE GHRHGKLQW HQ HGUIE GHU HGUF HGUIREHG E I *THUD*
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Nova P; 03-14-2019 at 02:10 PM. Reason: MORE WORDS
Old 03-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 51
Niced 1,593 Times in 294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
I just don't get the wobble on static shots. Action shots, sure, things are moving, the camera has to move around to keep things framed. I get it. But when the player and the basket are all framed up nicely in the shot and everything that happens is going to happen within that frame and the camera will not need to move for some time, for the love of god, just rest the monopod on the mother-lovin' ground.

And yeah, a little less zoom would be nice. Give us some wides. It's not the end of the universe if we can't read the stamp on the disc.

edit: AND STOP SHOOTING PUTTS HEAD-ON OR DIRECTLY FROM BEHIND. THE TELEPHOTO LENS SMASHES THE PERCEIVED DISTANCE AND ROBS THE VIEWER OF ANY SENSE OF DEPTH. SHOOT THEM AT NINETY DEGREES. HHGKSHJKLH JKFGE GHRHGKLQW HQ HGUIE GHU HGUF HGUIREHG E I *THUD*
We use the active stabilzation on when we film (it's the highest stabilization setting), helps a ton. We also don't use monopods, but that's another discussion.

I low key hate filming from 90 degrees. Right behind or head on is almost as bad too. The best IMO is a little angle. maybe 20 degrees or something. When it's 90 degrees you have no idea if the putt is going in until it's at the basket, same for directly behind or in front. A little angle and you can tell way earlier if it looks good or not.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalhghnss View Post
We use the active stabilzation on when we film (it's the highest stabilization setting), helps a ton. We also don't use monopods, but that's another discussion.
You guys use shoulder rigs, right? Same idea applies either way-- if they have a tool at hand for making it better but are not using it, that's just silly.

Quote:
I low key hate filming from 90 degrees. Right behind or head on is almost as bad too. The best IMO is a little angle. maybe 20 degrees or something. When it's 90 degrees you have no idea if the putt is going in until it's at the basket, same for directly behind or in front. A little angle and you can tell way earlier if it looks good or not.
You're right, of course. I went all the way to ninety because baby steps. I didn't want to overload them with ideas. =D

Niced: (3)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalhghnss View Post
Whatever you guys do is just what I expect out of coverage/angles now...and when it's not like that it's so obvious to me that it's way worse. I don't have to think "I wish I could see that better" when watching.

Disc golf footage is interesting, look at most other pro sports that are popular...the viewers do not play them still or never have. How many people played high level football or race cars, etc.? Whereas disc golf we're basically all players, so not only do we want to see the flights in a pleasing way but we also want a familiar angle that reminds us of when we throw the shot.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,365 Times in 794 Posts

That Jeff guy really likes to talk

Niced: (1)
Old 03-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Par Member

Niced 49 Times in 24 Posts

6 MPO cards not posting scores? is this normal?
Old 03-14-2019, 03:18 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Niced 49 Times in 31 Posts

There's also a FPO card without scores while the round is almost over.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 510 Times in 238 Posts

The missing FPO foursome is showing up now. All 18 holes at once, with all the UDisc detail. It would be interesting to find out what happened.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
The missing FPO foursome is showing up now. All 18 holes at once, with all the UDisc detail. It would be interesting to find out what happened.
Maybe someone bumped the "airplane mode" button and did not notice.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-14-2019, 03:25 PM
Par Member

Niced 49 Times in 24 Posts

Is it just some of the cards don't feel like taking scores? Kind of defeats the purpose of it all if lots aren't participating.