Old 12-14-2010, 10:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

no you will find that the fuse can't handle much power without getting overly squirrelly. The core is a much better driving mid. so they both have their place.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,231 Times in 1,046 Posts

I'd imagine the Core would be fine, Z and similar Buzzzes are good, a beat Hornet would probably work but I'd like something a bit b/w the two in stability I think. I use a Nebula which is literally perfect with the Fuse. I recently got a GL Fuse myself and it is crazy neutral in stability, like a faster Comet.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 35
Niced 30 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Interesting. You dont find the Core to be overlapping with the other 2, or at least the Fuse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
no you will find that the fuse can't handle much power without getting overly squirrelly. The core is a much better driving mid. so they both have their place.
This
My core is more stable than the Fuse and can hold a straighter line with more power. I use the fuse for more anny shots than straight
Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 14
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've never thrown a Nebula or a Core. i throw Buzzz's and Fuses, usually an X Buzzz, a Cryztal Buzz, and an Opto Fuse, and they complement each other well, being about the same speed. Rocs are a touch too slow to pair with Fuses, and pair up better with Comets IMO, especially since they are both beaded... I could be biased though, since I don't care for Rocs.

From my experience field testing Comets and Fuses, Fuses can take a little more power, turn about the same, but fade a little less. I can put Fuses out a hair further, and I turn and burn Comets more often. I agree with whoever said that Goldlines fade a little less, but it's almost negligable - less than 5' difference on a 250' throw. The weight of the disc made a much bigger difference, my 177's were noticeably more stable than my 169's. Strangely, this was not true of my Comets - the heavy X Comets flew about the same as the light ones, and about the same distance, while the Z Comet was noticeably more stable but just as long.

On the course, I used to throw my Fuse on a lot of flattened hyzers and hyzer flip to straight shots, but now that my X Buzzz has beat in, I tend to throw the Fuse mostly for shots that need to finish left, since the Buzzz is less sensitive to release angle and OAT.

I'm not really sure why I throw an Opto instead of a Goldline, I guess I just like the feel of the plastic better.

Just my $0.02
Old 12-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I wanna get a GL Fuse bad... Fell in love with a blue one over the weekend. I use my Core primarily for anny shots.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 17
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom8658 View Post
I've never thrown a Nebula or a Core. i throw Buzzz's and Fuses, usually an X Buzzz, a Cryztal Buzz, and an Opto Fuse, and they complement each other well, being about the same speed. Rocs are a touch too slow to pair with Fuses, and pair up better with Comets IMO, especially since they are both beaded... I could be biased though, since I don't care for Rocs.

From my experience field testing Comets and Fuses, Fuses can take a little more power, turn about the same, but fade a little less. I can put Fuses out a hair further, and I turn and burn Comets more often. I agree with whoever said that Goldlines fade a little less, but it's almost negligable - less than 5' difference on a 250' throw. The weight of the disc made a much bigger difference, my 177's were noticeably more stable than my 169's. Strangely, this was not true of my Comets - the heavy X Comets flew about the same as the light ones, and about the same distance, while the Z Comet was noticeably more stable but just as long.

On the course, I used to throw my Fuse on a lot of flattened hyzers and hyzer flip to straight shots, but now that my X Buzzz has beat in, I tend to throw the Fuse mostly for shots that need to finish left, since the Buzzz is less sensitive to release angle and OAT.

I'm not really sure why I throw an Opto instead of a Goldline, I guess I just like the feel of the plastic better.

Just my $0.02
That makes a lot of sense. For some reason, reading through the thread I was getting the impression that an Opto Fuse was real close to a GL Core and thought I needed a GL Fuse to be different enough than the Cores.

Right now, I have a heavier than normal opto Core, then a normal weight GL Core, and once I can have my Fuses at christmas, I will have 2 Opto Fuse the same weight as my GL Core.

I wanted the Fuse from reading the reviews because I dont quite like my Cores for turnovers that dont come back. Seems like I can turn them over for a decent line and they come back, but if I try to turn them over more to try to combat that, I really hook them right too hard. Funny thing is, Im in the same spot with my Rivers when it comes to that, but Im hoping to beat in the lighter one a little more to correct it.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my experience, there's very little difference between Opto and GL plastic for the molds I throw (Fuse, River). I suspect GL wears in a little faster, any maybe the grip is better, but I don't really know, I just like Opto better.

Quote:
Seems like I can turn them over for a decent line and they come back, but if I try to turn them over more to try to combat that, I really hook them right too hard.
That's why I keep a Fuse in the bag even though I can and do throw a lot of turnover shots with an X Buzzz - the Buzzz is either going to hook back a little at the end for higher shots, or flip all the way over into a "spike anhyzer", where there's more turn than forward motion (if that makes sense). The Fuse has a sweet spot where it will flip up to flat, turn a little more, then just sit down with hardly any fade. Too much hyzer angle and you get a flattened hyzer shot, *any* anhyzer angle with decent snap will give you a consistent "spike anhyzer", which is actually controllable, as opposed to the Buzzz, which has a very small window between that shot and turn and burn.

Basically, if the Fuse flips up flat, or goes past flat and starts to turn, it hardly fades at all - it starts to fade and then just sits down, even on a high shot.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 11
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

/waits patiently for a Fuse in the mail...
Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 17
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom8658 View Post
In my experience, there's very little difference between Opto and GL plastic for the molds I throw (Fuse, River). I suspect GL wears in a little faster, any maybe the grip is better, but I don't really know, I just like Opto better.

That's why I keep a Fuse in the bag even though I can and do throw a lot of turnover shots with an X Buzzz - the Buzzz is either going to hook back a little at the end for higher shots, or flip all the way over into a "spike anhyzer", where there's more turn than forward motion (if that makes sense). The Fuse has a sweet spot where it will flip up to flat, turn a little more, then just sit down with hardly any fade. Too much hyzer angle and you get a flattened hyzer shot, *any* anhyzer angle with decent snap will give you a consistent "spike anhyzer", which is actually controllable, as opposed to the Buzzz, which has a very small window between that shot and turn and burn.

Basically, if the Fuse flips up flat, or goes past flat and starts to turn, it hardly fades at all - it starts to fade and then just sits down, even on a high shot.
Thanks for the info. I cant wait to get out and throw them now

Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoazMobster View Post
/waits patiently for a Fuse in the mail...
I just got one yesterday, increasing my Fuse count to 7