their what?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGNiner View Post
Hey guys, I have been pleasantly surprised to see disc golf courses springing up all over the Charlotte area. I am a student at UNCC and I was curious as to why there is not a course at Charlotte. I know there is the nearby Reedy Creek which is a great course, but Charlotte has a thousand acre campus. Much of it is wooded and there is plenty of land that can't be built on due to flood plains. I recently found a facebook group for students interested in this initiative. I know local rival, Davidson, has a course and I heard they might add a second. Has there been any attempts before to contact UNCC administration?

Facebook Group
I met as recently as two years ago with students who played and had contacted their athletic coordinator. All the time in preparation for the meeting was for nothing. After my presentation and the offer of assistance from the club they simply let the issue go away. I don't know if it was lack of interest on the part of the administration or lack of follow up and pressure from the students.

I think it would take a student , group of students, who were persistent with their administration to pursue this goal. I would be happy to assist with making a presentation, but the driving force has to come from the student body.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGNiner View Post
Hey guys, I have been pleasantly surprised to see disc golf courses springing up all over the Charlotte area. I am a student at UNCC and I was curious as to why there is not a course at Charlotte. I know there is the nearby Reedy Creek which is a great course, but Charlotte has a thousand acre campus. Much of it is wooded and there is plenty of land that can't be built on due to flood plains. I recently found a facebook group for students interested in this initiative. I know local rival, Davidson, has a course and I heard they might add a second. Has there been any attempts before to contact UNCC administration?

Facebook Group

I sent you a private message with information regarding the person to contact at UNCC. It was April 2010 that I last met with them.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Work continues on our new courses. It looks like concrete tee pads will be going in as early as November.
Also, thanks to all that have taken the time to review our new courses. Personally, it has been great to see how much people like my 1st design.
Thanks!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
Maybe they know that if they build a course on campus all the litter the students leave at Reedy will show up on their course??
This is the most likely explanation.