Old 02-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,294 Times in 1,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Makes since...I'd imagine the I-blend (Innova driver pro) would glide slightly better than Star/Champ, ordered one of the 3rd run C - blends too...I'm pretty sure I will like this disc.
I'm not sure that I-blend is the same as Driver Pro. I've got some Pro SLs and other Pro discs that don't feel quite like I-blend. I-blend is like grippier Star. I suspect I-blend is a blend that Innova experimented with, and it worked out well.

And yes, I think you'll like the Anubis. Let us know how the C-blend ones fly for you.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,502 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'm not sure that I-blend is the same as Driver Pro. I've got some Pro SLs and other Pro discs that don't feel quite like I-blend. I-blend is like grippier Star. I suspect I-blend is a blend that Innova experimented with, and it worked out well.

And yes, I think you'll like the Anubis. Let us know how the C-blend ones fly for you.
It's driver pro...they might just have gotten a good run or something. I've had Pro Valks and Thunderbirds that feel identical to the I Anubis I got.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
It's driver pro...they might just have gotten a good run or something. I've had Pro Valks and Thunderbirds that feel identical to the I Anubis I got.
I'm not saying it's NOT some kind of Pro blend. Certainly the I-blends are priced more like Pro than Star/S-blend.

I have I-blend Sphinxes and a Pharaoh, and they're just like the Anubis: very good quality plastic, Star-"ish" but a bit grippier. I've had driver Pro discs of varying quality and feel of plastic.

I've always believed that Star is based on Pro with some ingredients to make it better quality. So my thesis remains that Innova was experimenting with some kind of Pro/Star blend in particular amounts that worked out very, very well. Kinda like hitting the 'sweet spot' in that moonshine whiskey recipe.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 356 Times in 244 Posts

Are we just going to give the name a pass? Do you not think it looks similar to anus?

Anus: new runs coming soon. Flight number 2. Goes right down the pipe. Special Edition Poop Stamp at release
Old 02-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,136 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
I'm not saying it's NOT some kind of Pro blend. Certainly the I-blends are priced more like Pro than Star/S-blend.

I have I-blend Sphinxes and a Pharaoh, and they're just like the Anubis: very good quality plastic, Star-"ish" but a bit grippier. I've had driver Pro discs of varying quality and feel of plastic.

I've always believed that Star is based on Pro with some ingredients to make it better quality. So my thesis remains that Innova was experimenting with some kind of Pro/Star blend in particular amounts that worked out very, very well. Kinda like hitting the 'sweet spot' in that moonshine whiskey recipe.
That’s good to hear, there are some good looking I Exodus’s up that I’m interested in...

Old 02-14-2019, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Are we just going to give the name a pass? Do you not think it looks similar to anus?

Anus: new runs coming soon. Flight number 2. Goes right down the pipe. Special Edition Poop Stamp at release
That's a pretty big leap from Anubis to anus...

Old 02-14-2019, 10:56 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
That's a pretty big leap from Anubis to anus...
2 letters! But fair enough. It's the only thing I thought of every time it popped up in the threads - maybe it just speaks to my immaturity. Kind of like that Prodigy disc that I kept seeing HIV or H1N1 or something terrible.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
2 letters! But fair enough. It's the only thing I thought of every time it popped up in the threads - maybe it just speaks to my immaturity. Kind of like that Prodigy disc that I kept seeing HIV or H1N1 or something terrible.
Lol I totally get the Prodigy thing...I see that every time.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:24 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
while we're at it, we better change the name of that big blue planet out there...

Old 02-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
while we're at it, we better change the name of that big blue planet out there...
I hope you don't have a problem with Uranus