Old 09-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Par Member

Niced 32 Times in 23 Posts

I think a Biofuzion Escape would be a solid option for you. That thing just BOMBS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2019, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 823 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeknuckle View Post
I think a Biofuzion Escape would be a solid option for you. That thing just BOMBS.
I can confirm this.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 554 Times in 295 Posts

Legacy has never really caught on, but I still say that the Rampage and Cannon are the LONGEST discs ever produced. Lightweight Cannons are insanely easy to bomb.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 686 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Legacy has never really caught on, but I still say that the Rampage and Cannon are the LONGEST discs ever produced. Lightweight Cannons are insanely easy to bomb.
The last Cannon I threw was ridiculously overstable and glideless. I was lucky to get 360' out of it. Disc just looked for the ground immediately.

I've thrown other Cannons that were way longer.

I wouldn't call the Cannon or Rampage easy distance though. You'll have to earn it.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 522 Times in 334 Posts

It's between various flavors of Thrashers and various flavors of Terns for me.

The Tern has the advantage of being readily available in a spectrum of stabilities of the shelf - domey and in some kind of champ? Nice n stable. Flat and star/gstar? Flippy but with plenty of reliable fade... when thrown < 350'

Thrasher has a click narrower wing and is maybe a tad deeper rim, which for me is preferable to a degree. I have had a much harder time finding a Thrasher on the more stable end of the spectrum. Picked up a 2019 Ledgestone Sparkle Glo with a slight dome the other day, haven't had a chance to throw, but I am hoping I'll find plenty of glide and higher HSS.

EDIT: also worth noting is that X Thrashers seem excellent - found a couple with heartbeat domes and monster glide plus good stability to potentially beat in. I think if you found a Pro Tern with a good dome it would be $$, but the flat Pro Tern I tried I was not a fan of - lacked glide.

FWIW find yourself a lighter weight FD (lower 170s or higher 160s if you can, availability sucks). Similar distance potential as the Hatchets and Escapes with more control for woodsy shots.

I would be throwing Escapes in a variety of plastics plus a Hatchet/underworld as an US bookend if I didn't bag the FDs/terns or thrashers. Nothing else I've found gives me that flip to fade on a distance shot more consistently than the Escape or Hatchet.

Last edited by Alexplz; 09-30-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Yup, Thrashers are too unpredictable to order. You have to see them. Pro Terns seem to lack all that is great about Star and/or Champ Terns.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Yup, Thrashers are too unpredictable to order. You have to see them. Pro Terns seem to lack all that is great about Star and/or Champ Terns.
Neither the Tern nor Thrasher are what I'd consider predictable. They can vary widely from disc to disc, and I'd never use either mold on a shot where accuracy was necessary.

For me the Tern is quite a bit longer than the Thrasher. Both have the same flight, but the Tern is faster and has better glide.

Star Terns for me are at the very top of the spectrum as far as pure distance goes. I can get them out to 450' fairly regularly. Again, that isn't necessarily accurate or useful distance. Its generally an S curve shot with lots of side to side movement and glide.

The Thrasher is more like a flippy Surge. Wildly flippy, and not extraordinarily long. I'd say the Mamba is longer than the Thrasher.

Another "easy distance" mold I'll add is the G* Katana. These things absolutely BOMB. Bit on the flippy side, but super long. Fun to throw too.

Last edited by Twmccoy; 09-30-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Neither the Tern nor Thrasher are what I'd consider predictable. They can vary widely from disc to disc, and I'd never use either mold on a shot where accuracy was necessary.

For me the Tern is quite a bit longer than the Thrasher. Both have the same flight, but the Tern is faster and has better glide.

Star Terns for me are at the very top of the spectrum as far as pure distance goes. I can get them out to 450' fairly regularly. Again, that isn't necessarily accurate or useful distance. Its generally an S curve shot with lots of side to side movement and glide.

The Thrasher is more like a flippy Surge. Wildly flippy, and not extraordinarily long. I'd say the Mamba is longer than the Thrasher.
I throw Terns for very, very accurate distance.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 49 Times in 33 Posts

Any experience with the G* Tern? Curious as to how they hold up against the Star Tern.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
Any experience with the G* Tern? Curious as to how they hold up against the Star Tern.
G* Terns can be erratic and flippy, but they're super long. I still prefer star Terns. I think they're a little more consistent. However, the G* Tern definitely gets a nod for "easy distance". The last G* Tern I threw was an absolute bomber.