Old 06-03-2014, 09:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,487 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemmers View Post
I'll bet playing with you is a really good time. A hoot, if you will.
Because he knows the rules and plays by them? Oh, the horrors.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 10:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

I like playing with people who know the rules. If we get in an argument about the rules, and it turns out my competitor was right and I was wrong, I respect them for it. However, I have discovered that some others are on a completely different wavelength.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:39 AM
Par Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

IMO the funny thing is: Getting yourself to the point that taking an obviously legal stance is a purely automatic action (at least on flat ground) is far less effort than worrying about whether you get teamed up with a rules stickler during tournament rounds.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 63
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemmers View Post
I'll bet playing with you is a really good time. A hoot, if you will.
Are you seriously calling this guy out because he called someone on a foot fault ... at Worlds? Apologies if I missed the sarcasm.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 49 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agricolae View Post
Are you seriously calling this guy out because he called someone on a foot fault ... at Worlds? Apologies if I missed the sarcasm.
Truth. This is why I love reading these Q&A's.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 351 Times in 161 Posts

Reviving this thread because of an incident in last weekend's tourney.

One player would step-putt from roughly 25' (3-4x). He never asked the group if he was outside, but he missed all of them so there really wasn't a problem. We mentioned it, but he said "If you don't like it, call me on it."

To call him on it "immediately" would cause an issue since we (the other card members) decided a rough measurement (i.e. walking off the distance) would be needed before officially calling him. One solution would be to call him immediately, but not second the call until after the walk off. Of course this would not apply on the first call; since he missed we'd rather not give him a second chance (which might have put us in the position of failing to apply the rules).

Your thoughts?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 87
Niced 40 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
Reviving this thread because of an incident in last weekend's tourney.

One player would step-putt from roughly 25' (3-4x). He never asked the group if he was outside, but he missed all of them so there really wasn't a problem. We mentioned it, but he said "If you don't like it, call me on it."

To call him on it "immediately" would cause an issue since we (the other card members) decided a rough measurement (i.e. walking off the distance) would be needed before officially calling him. One solution would be to call him immediately, but not second the call until after the walk off. Of course this would not apply on the first call; since he missed we'd rather not give him a second chance (which might have put us in the position of failing to apply the rules).

Your thoughts?
Call it immediately and then walk it off. If it turns out he was outside, the rule of fairness could be applied to retract the warning (or penalty on subsequent offenses).
Old 07-02-2014, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 351 Times in 161 Posts

Frankly, we thought he was trying to work the rules (and us). If he missed and we called a warning, he got another try; if he made it, he'd try again -- if he makes it fine, but if he missed he'd appeal.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
Frankly, we thought he was trying to work the rules (and us). If he missed and we called a warning, he got another try; if he made it, he'd try again -- if he makes it fine, but if he missed he'd appeal.
Doesn't matter, if it was his first offense he didn't need a second. If you would've called him on it he would have to reputt. It doesn't matter if he missed it out not, you need to apply the rule correctly and not only call it if he misses.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 21
Niced 40 Times in 28 Posts

If you thought he was working the rules, the the solution would have been to call the foot fault. Even if your theory was correct, it could only work the first time. Any foot fault thereafter would have been a one throw penalty, which would have caused him added pressure on every throw he made after that, because if he was called, there would be no more warnings, and since he had already been called, the group would be more likely to watch his feet.