Old 05-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Outside the circle you can throw the disc and after you release it completly you can move or fall over the marker.(You must have one foot in the ground until you release the disc completly).

Inside the circle you must have one foot in the ground until release and after release you must show full balance before lifting your feet towards the basket.(You can have one foot behind the marker and the other to the side and lift that one closer to the basket while releasing butt not closer the basket than the marker.(meaning you can fall to the side with one leg but you must have one foot behind the marker until fully balanced).
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,129 Times in 345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppard View Post
So say I get the measurement from the rear of the disc and it is 32 feet 10 1/2 inches. Can I then place my mini, remove my disc, and jump putt from the mini?
No, your lie determines whether you can jump putt. If the rear of your mini is inside the circle you are putting.

Check the Feldberg putting video for further clarification.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 81
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post

Check the Feldberg putting video for further clarification.
The Feldberg putting video also puts a better spin on the term "jump putt". Feldberg points out that a lot of people technically have foot faults when they jump putt because they're in the air when the disc is released. He suggested that the term be re-coined as a "putt jump" so that you finish as a jump or fall through, but you're 100% on the ground as the disc is released.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 79
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppard View Post
As long as you release the disc before you touch the ground, your good.
False. This isnt true outside the circle, more less in it.

Some part of your body has to be behind your lie at release, with not part touching in front. Outside the circle you can fall forward after those requirements are met, inside the circle you must show balance behind your mark, than you can move forward.

Last edited by _.-Dut-._; 05-04-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 39
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my year of playing this sport I can honestly say that I have not seen a single player(AM, REC) execute a correct 'putt jump' they were ALL 'jump 'putts'.

From my discussions with people that have been playing MUCH longer than I they would guesitmate that 80-90% of people are doing it incorrect. If you feel that you HAVE TO Putt Jump then at LEAST be sure you have the timing to do it right...........

M2C
Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 79
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy0420 View Post
In my year of playing this sport I can honestly say that I have not seen a single player(AM, REC) execute a correct 'putt jump' they were ALL 'jump 'putts'.

From my discussions with people that have been playing MUCH longer than I they would guesitmate that 80-90% of people are doing it incorrect. If you feel that you HAVE TO Putt Jump then at LEAST be sure you have the timing to do it right...........

M2C

You know that you can jump on a jump putt and its still legal right? As long as you have a supporting point behind your lie and nothing is touching in front at release its legal. After the release you can run down the fairway doing cartwheels if you want, as long as you are not in the circle.

Not doubting you, but to say you have never seen a correct one, just made me think you were misunderstanding something or Wisconsin has some terrible disc golfers.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 12
Niced 56 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.-Dut-._ View Post
You know that you can jump on a jump putt and its still legal right? As long as you have a supporting point behind your lie and nothing is touching in front at release its legal. After the release you can run down the fairway doing cartwheels if you want, as long as you are not in the circle.

Not doubting you, but to say you have never seen a correct one, just made me think you were misunderstanding something or Wisconsin has some terrible disc golfers.
I'm in Wisconsin, too. And have seen more than a few players "inside the circle" jump putt. They spring forward off their front foot and release the disc with neither foot on the ground and land in front of their marker. No balance, no support point....I just scratch my head.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdggna View Post
As the rule reads you cannot jump putt. You can fall forward following through, but you cannot jump then putt. You must still have your foot on the ground.
No...The post just before yours says it clear. You cannot move past the marker after you putt until you have control of both feet on the ground behind the mark.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 46
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

jump putting does rule.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.2
Courses Played: 119
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy0420 View Post
Some do it right. Like 'cydisc' from this board.