Old 08-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 51
Niced 15 Times in 13 Posts

The timing of this is funny. My distances are about the same as OP. I've been feeling kind of stale with my P, S, and C PDs lately so I decided to switch things up and see what happened. I won a N Shock and N Volt a few weeks ago. I liked them enough I picked up a P Volt, and all three complement each other well.

I still felt they were missing something though, or maybe I just needed something more familiar, but this weekend I pulled out my old QOLF 1.1, which was a favorite before my PD stint. I found it was right between the P and N Volts, ie, a little more hyzer flip friendly than the P Volt, but not as much turnover as the N Volt, which, for me, is the money flight my driver game is built around. Maybe the P Volt will get there eventually, but for now the QOLF is my go to driver.

I also have a 1.2 QOLF and a SOLF, unsure of the run. I've thrown them in the bag too, but I haven't messed with them enough to give any input yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I got a 150 1.3 SOLF tie-dye from Academy Sports. I love it. It's very overstable which surprised me being so light. It's not awesome in the wind but I can still throw it if the winds not kicking up too bad. It's my longest disc. It has a small amount of high speed turn and a big fade on the end.

I also bought a 164 SOLS but that thing is super beef. It's like a new Champ Teebird and since I've already got that in that bag it never made the bag. a buddy has a tie-dyed one that is money so I've been looking for a 150 in the tie dye but no luck so far.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I wasn't trying to give you a form critique, so my apologies if my post seemed negative. I was honestly just givin you a heads up that the OLF probably won't do much your Volts don't already. If you are looking for a straight to fade disc that is easier to throw than a Destroyer, I would highly recommend a PD. They are very easy to throw in P-line plastic and they glide very nicely. They will not turn as much as a Volt, and they should also be a bit longer.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 155 Times in 86 Posts

Maybe the OLF isn't really what I need if it's that similar to a volt. I guess I just need to man the heck up and quite being a P***Y and throw my Destroyers again. Because I love the Volt.

Maybe after doing this DDP Yoga for another month or so I'll start to get some mobility and rotational speed back.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 39
Niced 321 Times in 184 Posts

Diamond Dallas Page?

I'm surprised this didn't come up earlier but the OLF has a Firebird Bottom and the Wraith/Starfire top (I know the bottom was eventually mentioned).

That said there is a Teerex topped batch of Q-OLFs (not sure about other plastics, I've only came across them in Quantum) that have the slanted outer rim area like the Teedevil/Archon/Vulcan. In my experience they are slightly less overstable [see what I did there] and have a bit less glide than the normal molding. Great throwers if that's the disc you're looking for, but since I already had enough of the Wraith/Starfire topped ones I figured no need to mix things up.

I believe they may have even used a third top at one point but don't quote me on that..I can't always remember everything I read on the internet, let alone fact check it

EDIT:: IIRC they added a spacer after 1.1s to add stability - hence people mentioning the differences in flight.

x2:: Q-O-L-F or Orion. NOT Qwalf or Saulf - it sounds silly that way.

Last edited by GripEnemy; 08-11-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 155 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Diamond Dallas Page?
Actually, yes. His Yoga system works great...check it:
https://www.store.ddpyoga.com/

/THREAD DRIFT
Old 08-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 159
Niced 1,375 Times in 707 Posts

I pronounce it as Kwolph and Solph. Yeah, it's stupid but it's Millennium's fault, not mine.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 187
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I've been throwing the OLFs since the prototypes came out. Love them!

1.1s All - off the bat will drift to the right (not turn) and have a very glidely fade left. they get straighter with time. These also fly faster then the other runs. Truly speed 10s not 9s. I hope my stash of 40+ last the rest of my life.

1.2s MOLF, and QOLF - very stable HSS off the bat with a tad bit more end fade but still glidey. The give the illusion of being more OS but they arent, just hold a straighter line.

1.2 SOLF - garbage domey crud. fly like a less glidey FL. just total junk and no one should waste their money or life with them....hope you can sense the anger.

1.3s - Innova ruined them even more by making them more OS and even less glidey. This run is a complete and total deviant from the original run. not worth anything.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 60
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
I've been throwing the OLFs since the prototypes came out. Love them!

1.1s All - off the bat will drift to the right (not turn) and have a very glidely fade left. they get straighter with time. These also fly faster then the other runs. Truly speed 10s not 9s. I hope my stash of 40+ last the rest of my life.

1.2s MOLF, and QOLF - very stable HSS off the bat with a tad bit more end fade but still glidey. The give the illusion of being more OS but they arent, just hold a straighter line.

1.2 SOLF - garbage domey crud. fly like a less glidey FL. just total junk and no one should waste their money or life with them....hope you can sense the anger.

1.3s - Innova ruined them even more by making them more OS and even less glidey. This run is a complete and total deviant from the original run. not worth anything.
Agreed on all counts. I haven't seen any crap MOLF's, I only have a few around but they're all flat like the 1.1s and cut through the air like a faster disc.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 414 Times in 265 Posts

Every OLF has the same rim width. Some have blunter noses but they are all the same width.