Old 11-21-2017, 05:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 557 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj20300 View Post
I have no interest in playing on ball golf courses anymore. They are just too boring for my taste
You are by no means the only one who thinks this. After the World Championships there (Ricky's first WC), several pros I personally know called the event "boring". I don't know why people consider these long, wide open, no-woods courses to be "good"; they really do get to be boring to watch.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2017, 04:47 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 102 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
You are by no means the only one who thinks this. After the World Championships there (Ricky's first WC), several pros I personally know called the event "boring". I don't know why people consider these long, wide open, no-woods courses to be "good"; they really do get to be boring to watch.
When I played the Brewster Ridge Open this summer I preferred Brewster even though I did better on Fox Run, but so did the rest of the field but to a much bigger degree. I like technical shots, preferably with low ceilings and tight gaps even though I can throw 400'. I would prefer playing multiple courses as a pro, especially if they were tightly wooded, in order to stop the big arms from taking everything, that being said I am still trying to increase my distance.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:45 PM
Par Member

Niced 41 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
If the wind is up, that adds enough challenge to make the Emporia courses interesting. Then you find out who can manage high winds, which is a legit disc golf skill. But I tend to agree when it’s calm.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 135
Niced 304 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
If the wind is up, that adds enough challenge to make the Emporia courses interesting. Then you find out who can manage high winds, which is a legit disc golf skill. But I tend to agree when it’s calm.
Really interesting to see who has a high speed overstable disc bagged.....
Old 12-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

An epic mass mailing today to registered players from DD. They added courses and have over 1500 pre-registered players. There are 11 flex starts including 6 C-Tiers. All are capped at 250-300. Plus the week-long activities. I don't think there has ever been anything disc golf in the World of this magnitude. Given DD's history I'd expect the quality of this event to equal it's quantity.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:20 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblee View Post
An epic mass mailing today to registered players from DD. They added courses and have over 1500 pre-registered players. There are 11 flex starts including 6 C-Tiers. All are capped at 250-300. Plus the week-long activities. I don't think there has ever been anything disc golf in the World of this magnitude. Given DD's history I'd expect the quality of this event to equal it's quantity.
I hate to be a dick but you seem to be good on every single other front.... its*

Old 12-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts
Smile

Correct; It is "its" not "it's". But I got the "don't" and "I'd" right. Wouldn't consider calling you a deek 'cause I'd have to call me wife one to as her is likly too call I on spellin and grammer to.

Another thing in DD's equation is this is still 5 months away. This is an incredible response.

Only thing I'd like them to consider is offering 70+ divisions in Pro and Am. Our numbers are increasing but our playing years left are few. Especially compared to those 500+ in Rec and Intermediate. An experiment to offer small divisions for the elder statesmen/stateswomen can't be too much to ask. I'd certainly recruit all I could.