Old 05-20-2020, 01:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 348 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
You need to look away from the target more to allow your shoulders and hips to turn more in the backswing. Your swing is halfway over when you land on the front foot when it should only be starting as you land on the front leg. See below:

For more context, here's the top of backswing comparison. If you both farted at the top of the backswing, HUB's target would smell it, but anyone standing to the right of the teepad would smell yours.

Thanks for the feedback! I was doing some one step drills where I definitely get my back to the target, but I think the problem is I’m still leading with ear/top of head rather than chin as sidewinder mentioned. This throw felt smooth but I think I need to work on rocking the hips more and leading with the chin.

https://youtu.be/4WzGpPWHeLg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2020, 01:41 PM
Eagle Member

So basically looking at that one step - my head is leading my shoulders which are leading my hips and elbow. Seems like it should be hips -shoulders -chin/elbow. Gotta get my power from my hips, which is so different than how I’ve thrown for 8 years lol but it makes sense
Old 05-20-2020, 02:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 336 Times in 252 Posts

Yeah it's a pretty fundamental change to go from "over the top" like you are doing to "shift from behind". So feeling weird is good.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 226
Niced 3,920 Times in 2,388 Posts

It's not really the head leading in a rotational sequence - the head turning rotationally can't do anything to the shoulders, but the tilt of the head can affect posture and balance. It's a ground up balance/posture/tilt issue, not a sequence issue.

You are stepping out diagonally away from your center into a wide or awkward stance, instead of striding straight forward in a way to maintain dynamic balance like if you wanted to reverse back to where you came from. You are over committed to moving a certain direction where if you wanted to reverse or change direction it would be slow, instead of staying more inside your posture like a shifty running rack trying to juke quick in any direction they please.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:20 PM
Eagle Member

Gotcha...so I make a controlled, natural stride into the brace. The disc and my arm is lagging behind. Once I’m braced, the disc is going to start coming forward. Trying to make the mind muscle connection as far as what is powering it forward. Feels like maybe it should come from my core? If I focus on pulling the disc across with my core, specifically my right obliques, it feels natural and powerful and keeps me from tipping over the top. Is that the right feeling?

Niced: (1)
Old 05-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Eagle Member

Man looking through some drills today at work and I think what you talk about at 3:10 - 3:20 of the butt wipes drill is exactly what I’m missing. You talk about your chest being pulled towards the target. I can get the feel for it in my office against a wall, now need to get it out in the field

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Eagle Member

Threw some drives this morning, trying to get that chest pulled towards the target feeling from the butt wipes. Also trying to reach back low and start the throw by dropping into the swing like doorframe #2.
My throws were way more accurate and felt really effortless and like I was releasing further out in front. However, now that I watch the vid, I can see I’m still doing that tip my ear to the ground thing I always do. Ugh. Need to figure out how to fix that

https://youtu.be/Evql8JLEkgQ

Old 05-22-2020, 11:55 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 399 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
Threw some drives this morning, trying to get that chest pulled towards the target feeling from the butt wipes. Also trying to reach back low and start the throw by dropping into the swing like doorframe #2.
My throws were way more accurate and felt really effortless and like I was releasing further out in front. However, now that I watch the vid, I can see I’m still doing that tip my ear to the ground thing I always do. Ugh. Need to figure out how to fix that

https://youtu.be/Evql8JLEkgQ

Note the spine angle change in SW's post #104. It's shoulder lean in backswing (\ spine angle toward target in line with rear leg) then focus on bracing which redirects your spine (from front leg alignment with brace /). This redirection from the ground is what changes angle of ear tip, as a by product. Good luck
Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 PM
Eagle Member

Yeah I’m still not bracing correctly. I grew up skiing, I know what that brace is supposed to feel like, just can’t seem to incorporate it into my swing. Probably need to go back to one leg drills and really work on swinging while braced against that front leg

Old 05-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 399 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
Yeah I’m still not bracing correctly. I grew up skiing, I know what that brace is supposed to feel like, just can’t seem to incorporate it into my swing. Probably need to go back to one leg drills and really work on swinging while braced against that front leg

Yep, Skiing analogy helps. Catch yourself on inside edge of front ski. Hop back and forth like Paige or shifting/changing direction rb like SW mentioned