Old 05-29-2020, 02:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 399 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I did the Envy/Proxy pairing last year, and the problem I had was on approaches. They are the best driving putters available, but the same attributes that make them great driving putters also make them mediocre approach discs. I found them too fast and torque resistant to use for things like touch anny approaches around trees. I think if I were to try to fully rely on Evies/Proxies as my main putter molds again, I would likely only do so if I also carried something slow and lid-like for approaches.
I honestly really like approaching with my proxy. But I FH my zone quite a bit too and don't really use proxy or Envy on anny much. I could see your point there
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2020, 02:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,243 Times in 622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
Once an Ohm beats in it might replace my Proxy. While they are similar they are also a bit different. I find that the Ohm is like my OG Proton Anodes when they were like "glass". The Electron Entropy has been the really game changer. It might even be that I whittle down to the Entropy in various plastics and the Ohm (if it is every released in Electron). Or, if I like the Electron Proxy as my putter once that comes out. But the Serpent has just been great. Alas, not gyro but I was getting tired of how fast Electron plastic was changing the Pilots flight. Maybe the new Electron blend coming with the Electron Proxy will be longer lasting. Not sure about the feel though.
I have a pair of new E Anodes with that rubbery feel. Is it the same? If so, I absolutely love it! It's an incredible mix of decent firmness and tremendous grip. I'm hoping the E matrixes are that blend too.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-29-2020, 03:31 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 162 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I have a pair of new E Anodes with that rubbery feel. Is it the same? If so, I absolutely love it! It's an incredible mix of decent firmness and tremendous grip. I'm hoping the E matrixes are that blend too.
No idea. New blend isn't out until the Proxies. The last run of Electron was the Winter Circuit. I have an Electron Entropy and that has stood up better than Electron in any of the other putter molds. Some colors were closer to soft and others closer to firm. Electron Stabilizers were super hard. It might bode well for the new Electron. We will have to wait and see.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:45 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 337 Times in 197 Posts

I’ve been bagging two Envy’s for my throwing putters lately. An electron firm that is pretty much a dead straight flyer and holds anny lines very well and a neutron or neutron soft depending on the day for flights that need a little fade at the end or that will hold a hyzer without flipping up.

Ordered another Envy because finding white discs in the snow isn’t fun and since it doesn’t make sense to pay shipping for just one disc I added a Proxy to my order. Going to try it and see if it does similar things as my electron Envy and might try the Proxy/Envy combo for a bit just to see how I like it.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 160
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 159 Times in 104 Posts

Anybody get there Electron Proxys? Ordered mine yesterday but won't have them in hand for a few days.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:25 AM

Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

Ah man I should’ve waited for an electron! I bought the soft neutron proxy earlier this week. I still love it, but like my electron envy more feel wise.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-04-2020, 10:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,397 Times in 613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadella View Post
Anybody get there Electron Proxys? Ordered mine yesterday but won't have them in hand for a few days.
I'm in the same boat. Should have several coming any day now.
this is a really exciting disc so it will get tested real quickly. I'll report back here after 1 round and 1 field practice. Maybe video too... depending on how busy I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powellrm View Post
Ah man I should’ve waited for an electron! I bought the soft neutron proxy earlier this week. I still love it, but like my electron envy more feel wise.
yeah, Electron is where it's at IMO.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 41
Niced 802 Times in 488 Posts

Did MVP use the exact same mold for the Electron Proxy compared to all other plastics? I remember reading somewhere that the Electron Envy used a different mold than standard Envies (and I always felt the Electron Envy felt a little different, too).
Old 06-04-2020, 11:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 744 Times in 450 Posts

Could anyone compare the Neutron Proxy & Big Z Roach as throwers?

Old 06-04-2020, 11:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,471 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Could anyone compare the Neutron Proxy & Big Z Roach as throwers?
Proxy is a little faster, not as floaty. Pretty similar line.

Niced: (1)